Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

detective comics

monkeyface15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By monkeyface15

whats the current story arc in detective comics? I heard the Joker issue was great and was wondering how many back issues i need to get.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @monkeyface15: well one just ended now one with the joker and James Gordon jr. is starting
    MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By MrUnknown
    @monkeyface15: The current issue with Joker (I believe you mean this one?)
    No Caption Provided
    If so, you probably need to read the issue before this one, where the story arc began and I would recommend just reading the whole run cause it's awesome!
    MasonK565

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By MasonK565

If you can, start reading from #871. But if you just want to read the current arc, start off with #879 I believe. The issue literally gave me chills. The lettering for The Joker was perfect, and the shading gave it even more of a creepy effect. Issue #880 is just as good, and the confrontation between Batman and The Joker was extremely entertaining. Scott Snyder's run on Detective Comics is great, I love what he did with Dick under the cowl. I am excited to see his run on Batman. Detective Comics, in my opinion, is the best comic on the shelves now, or at least the best DC comic.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By John Valentine

Such a good run.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.