detective comics

#1 Posted by monkeyface15 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

whats the current story arc in detective comics? I heard the Joker issue was great and was wondering how many back issues i need to get.

#2 Posted by The Stegman (22715 posts) - - Show Bio
@monkeyface15: well one just ended now one with the joker and James Gordon jr. is starting
#3 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio
@monkeyface15: The current issue with Joker (I believe you mean this one?)
If so, you probably need to read the issue before this one, where the story arc began and I would recommend just reading the whole run cause it's awesome!
#4 Posted by The_Tree (7044 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott Snyder's awesome Detective Comics run starts with Detective Comics #871.

#5 Posted by MasonK565 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

If you can, start reading from #871. But if you just want to read the current arc, start off with #879 I believe. The issue literally gave me chills. The lettering for The Joker was perfect, and the shading gave it even more of a creepy effect. Issue #880 is just as good, and the confrontation between Batman and The Joker was extremely entertaining. Scott Snyder's run on Detective Comics is great, I love what he did with Dick under the cowl. I am excited to see his run on Batman. Detective Comics, in my opinion, is the best comic on the shelves now, or at least the best DC comic.

#6 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

Such a good run.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.