Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Details Emerge on 'Batman: Arkham Origins'

• 143 results
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hopefully Rocksteady's departure won't affect this game too much!

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@ultrastarkiller: batman would beat deathstroke, it's silly that they've written stroke as some badass, batman has handled way tougher opponents

Then why hasn't Batman beaten him yet

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42 said:
    I think the WB team will look at the other two games and learn from there. I doubt WB would risk bombing anymore.

I like a prequel it makes me anticipate the next one more.

That's how I feel. I'm also alright with Rocksteady not doing the prequel. I also hope Joker isn't in this because then all I will think about him dying.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Ninjablade09

@novi_homines: Not like that, but it might be the angle. I wish they would just make the costume like the New 52 but with some changes to make it fit in the Arkham Universe.

No Caption Provided

Reminds me of his Earth One costume.

No Caption Provided

Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By Omega-Man

It's too soon to judge. and it has some nice screen shots. bbuuutttt. I don't know. One thing thats bugging me is the suit. Why is batman more armored in a prequel compared to the sequels?

spideybigtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

This is amazing.Loved Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.I really can't wait for this!

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
    knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I was actually kind of skeptical over the whole 'Justice League' and silver-age game they talked about first. If they went with that it would seem kind of repetitive due to Injustice. This, though, this looks great. Loved the first two games and a prequel idea is just great.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By Mega_spidey01

Looks AMAZING!!!! I loved the previous arkham games!

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More info

These are big ones though,

Batwing will figure into story sequences and acts as a universe-appropriate form of fast travel

Old Gotham is only half of the game world

- Another new entire is across the bridge called New Gotham

- New Gotham is classier and has much taller skyscrapers

- New zone doubles the size of the game world

Interesting stuff cant wait for the game.

cobra88king8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Things to bear in mind about the game given the time constraints and the reuse of Rocksteady's modified Unreal Engine:

• It's running on the same engine as Arkham City and will probably look and feel about the same. (probably why they chose another winter setting so they wouldn't have to mess with weather effects)
    • The outdoor areas are probably going to take place in a lot of the same areas and settings that Arkham City did as they don't have the time to create entirely knew sections.
    • It's probably going to have similar tech and not introduce too many new gadgets
    • Textures are probably going to be the same and we'll see a lot of reused assets
    • It's probably not going to have any or very very few (like 1) playable characters besides Batman

Now I'm not saying that any of these indicate a bad game, just that given the short amount of turnover and the low level of innovation that Warner Bros. Montreal would be capable of in this timeframe, I'd say that it will be very similar to Arkham City as far as gameplay elements go. Note that these are all assumptions I'm making based on my own thoughts and opinions and I'd be very happy to be proven wrong on a number of them.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

I really like the new art and costumes, happy to see Deathstroke, and excited for playing through an actual working part of Gotham City and not just running around a big prison. But I am very skeptical of the switch in developers, that is almost always a warning sign for a game series. Definitely not writing this game off yet because of it though.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42 said:
    I think the WB team will look at the other two games and learn from there. I doubt WB would risk bombing anymore.

That's how I feel. I'm also alright with Rocksteady not doing the prequel. I also hope Joker isn't in this because then all I will think about him dying.

Yeah also they shoudn't put him in so we don't get tired of him. I would never get tired of the Joker but I think alot of people would.

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By JamDamage

I wonder if Dick will be Robin in this one. I hope you can use him to run around the city this time. all the users demanded it.

Shadowmyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Shadowmyst

when will they continue the story about Azrael and Hush? I hope they include Lincoln March as Owlman because the court of owls can is older than batman, so it can be included in the story

Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@zeeguy91 said:

@myadidas said:

Deathstroke is cool but come on! He cannot beat Batman; he can barely handle Grayson. Stupid one eyed pirate.

Um...he's beaten Batman before.

Multiple times to be exact. Slade is the only exception to the rule that "Batman beats anyone". If Bruce comes out on top in a fight with Slade with relative ease than it will be a huge oversight on Montreals part.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Ninjablade09

@lilben42 said:

@ninjablade09 said:

@lilben42 said:

Yeah also they shoudn't put him in so we don't get tired of him. I would never get tired of the Joker but I think alot of people would.

I think it would be cool like a lot of people have said that Joker could be the final boss as a small cameo. I don't know you can defiantly tell that with these games WB defiantly wanted them to be for fans of the comics and cartoons, and still be for everyone.

Big_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I would love to play A JL RPG Free-Roaming Game. In other words, DC Ultimate Alliance .

thejman250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- I swear, if Richard isn't playable in this game in free roam, i'm not buying this crap.

- I'm not paying $60 to simply play as Bruce in free roam.

- Additionally, one of the Assassins had better not be Shiva because Bruce is inferior to Shiva if not Deathstroke as well for the most part.

Batnandez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-63417c6af01d0
    deactivated-63417c6af01d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omega_man_:

Older tech means bulkier armor. It looks like simpler padding than the streamlined kevlar blend in the previous games.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This is gonna be so GREAT!!!

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By MonsterStomp

Hope Deathstroke isn't just a side mission antagonist like Deadshot or Riddler were. If they could somehow make Deathstroke the main antagonist, I'll be happy. I say "somehow" because he doesn't exactly hunt Batman down like the other villains do.

Deathstroke is my favorite villain, do justice!

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

DEATHSTROKE

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

That Deathstroke for this game looks AMAZING, as does the concept. Full speed ahead!

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it does look great, i dont know if anyone heard but black mask is the main villain for the game.

ComicKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I want a batman game where you can play as the whole bat family without purchase

looper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By looper

@zeeguy91 said:

@oblivious said:

"We have eight of the best assassin's in the world who've come together to Gotham City for one night.. to kill the bat."

I am getting this! A combination of Batman, assassin's, and snow what more could I possibly want? Eight assassin's. We all know that 1 out 8 assassin's is Deathstroke.

Who are the other 7?

Maybe Hush, Ra's al Ghul, Deathshot might return. I would want to see Jason Todd.

Among them is probably gonna be Cheshire, Deadshot, and Lady Shiva. Maybe Sportsmaster?

Yeah. Sounds about right. If Deadshot comes back then I would want a better boss battle. In Batman Arkham City, the battle with Deathshot was not as entertaining as Solomondy Grundy's.

Since Rocksteady is not going to make the game.

Do you think Kevin Conroy will voice as Batman or will W.B. hire someone else to voice Bruce Wayne?

looper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By looper

Things to bear in mind about the game given the time constraints and the reuse of Rocksteady's modified Unreal Engine:

• It's running on the same engine as Arkham City and will probably look and feel about the same. (probably why they chose another winter setting so they wouldn't have to mess with weather effects)
    • The outdoor areas are probably going to take place in a lot of the same areas and settings that Arkham City did as they don't have the time to create entirely knew sections.
    • It's probably going to have similar tech and not introduce too many new gadgets
    • Textures are probably going to be the same and we'll see a lot of reused assets
    • It's probably not going to have any or very very few (like 1) playable characters besides Batman

Now I'm not saying that any of these indicate a bad game, just that given the short amount of turnover and the low level of innovation that Warner Bros. Montreal would be capable of in this timeframe, I'd say that it will be very similar to Arkham City as far as gameplay elements go. Note that these are all assumptions I'm making based on my own thoughts and opinions and I'd be very happy to be proven wrong on a number of them.

@cobra88king8: "It's probably not going to have any or very very few (like 1) playable character besides Batman"

I hope we get to play as either Nightwing or Robin in the story mode (don't think it will happen simply because the game is titled "Batman")

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@oblivious: Idk. Maybe. I mean, Kevin Conroy is the Batman of my generation, but I could understand if WB wanted to go in a different direction. He can't be Batman forever, after all.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#130  Edited By PunyParker

"WB Montreal hasn’t tinkered with the free-flow combat: “If it’s not broken, don’t fix it” says senior producer Ben Mattes."

Seems good to me!

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By novi_homines

SOOOOO hyped. Can this be considered a trilogy? If so, greatest superhero videogame trilogy ever made? I THINK SO!!! =D

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobra88king8: "It's probably not going to have any or very very few (like 1) playable character besides Batman"

I hope we get to play as either Nightwing or Robin in the story mode (don't think it will happen simply because the game is titled "Batman")

They did have Catwoman as a playable character in Arkham City story.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oblivious said:

They did have Catwoman as a playable character in Arkham City story.

And had Robin playable for the Harleys Revenge.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

*sigh* I feared it was going to be prequel... I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Multiple times to be exact. Slade is the only exception to the rule that "Batman beats anyone". If Bruce comes out on top in a fight with Slade with relative ease than it will be a huge oversight on Montreals part.

Just once dude, and years ago by the way. Most recently, was Batman to beat Slade in Gotham City.

looper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilben42: True. Which was cool playing as Robin in a side mission.

Hopefully this time around the producers make another and different playable character. Like Nightwing or Red Hood.

looper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: Yeah, but I would have liked Nightwing instead. Oh well.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oblivious: Having Nightwing in story mode (or at least free-roam) would be awesome. I hope for alternate costumes we can get the Arkham City costume.

xTHEPOOLERx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what everyone seems to not know is that, this game has been in development for a long time. a few years, so its not rushed, and the reason this is coming out is so Rocksteady has more time to work on the arkham sequel that will probably come out on new consoles. they know what they are doing. they arent going to ruin this.

and for the people who say they want a superman game.. REALLY!!??? did you not play the other superman games and see how absolute crap they were. its not interesting what so ever to be some supreme super being with no weakness. how is that a compelling video game.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xthepoolerx said:

and for the people who say they want a superman game.. REALLY!!??? did you not play the other superman games and see how absolute crap they were. its not interesting what so ever to be some supreme super being with no weakness. how is that a compelling video game.

That would be a sound point if having too many powers was the biggest problem with Superman games in general, instead of something like awful gameplay or terrible graphics.

xTHEPOOLERx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By xTHEPOOLERx
    SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By SmashBrawler

@xthepoolerx: Honestly, I think all Superman needs is a developer who actually gives a sh!t about what they're doing.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#143  Edited By PunyParker

The mask is really "Dark Knight" ish.....similar,dontcha think?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.