-new arkham game

things that i don t like:

-early release

-no mark hamilton for the joker

-no rocksteady

#52 Edited by Bluefox170 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke. Sold.

#53 Posted by Kyzuko (120 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest, I think these guys will make a good game as they've acknowledged the fact the previous two Batman games could not be faulted, so I'm sure they'll do errything to keep that standard up.

#54 Posted by Bluefox170 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3 said:

@ellie_knightfall said:

Deathstroke looks BADASS

Ugh, I hope there is a DLC were you can play as him, like when you could play as the Joker on Ps3.

This. I would love the hell out of this.

#55 Posted by RustyRoy (10884 posts) - - Show Bio

Just because Rocksteady isn't involved it doesn't mean that game will be bad and I won't complain if I'm fighting as batman against 8 deadliest assassins which also includes the Deathstroke. Btw Deathstroke will be a good choice for the next Batman movie.

#56 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody was expecting a prequel. Everyone was expecting Batman Arkham World. Still interested, especially the part about being in Gotham City for once. Unlike Arkham City, which was a secluded part of Gotham City

#57 Edited by Ares94 (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Pleaaaaaaaaase let Deathstroke be a playable characters. He is so badass. Hope he has the same fast moves he has in Arrow.

#58 Edited by Ninjablade09 (3101 posts) - - Show Bio

Cant wait! I loved the first 2. I hope the PSVita one is like the console one unlike Lego Batman 2. Or if it was like the Uncharted and Assassins Creed 3 portable versions where it wasn't even the same game. I also hope that there will be more Nightwing or at least free roaming with him. Maybe Jason as Robin? Possibly Batgirl. The big thing is I hope that you can go to Wayne Manor and the Batcave when ever you want.

#59 Posted by russia599 (93 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me or are there not enough well-known/Batman DC assassins to make up the group of eight in this game. List 'em (they need to be Batman Suited Villains, so not Lobo)

• Deathstroke
  • Cheshire
  • Lady Vic
  • David Cain
  • Shiva

Those are the only ones I could think of. Help please

#60 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! THIS MADE MY WEEK!!!!

#61 Posted by Ares94 (41 posts) - - Show Bio

@russia599

- Deadshot

- Katana's husband

- you could maybe count Ra's or Talia Al Ghul

- Even Bane, why not.

#62 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio
#63 Edited by Dark_Guyver (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait!! I'm really looking forward to this game. Even though Rocksteady isn't involved I think WB Montreal should handle things nicely.

#64 Edited by tjs4759 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@br_havoc: I agree, I was really looking forward to a direct sequel to Arkham City focused around Azrael's prophecy. Also adding in Red Hood and I thought having the Black Skull being a key villain would have been awesome.

Oh well, DeathStroke does look really badass but Rocksteady not being involved makes me extremely nervous. They did Fantastic job with Arkham City, it ended up being one of my favorite games of all time. I hope WB Montreal can live up to that, but chances are they'll probably drop the ball.

#65 Posted by Master_Thief (697 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope this comes for PS4

#66 Posted by The Average Bear (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

My moneys on Shiva, Deadshot, David Cain, maybe Merlyn? So many possibilities. DC could always revamp a random into a cool character. Hopefully this means they'll give us at last 8 cool boss fights. Deathstroke earns the biggest fanboy squeal of all, though.

#67 Posted by lilben42 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyzuko said:

To be honest, I think these guys will make a good game as they've acknowledged the fact the previous two Batman games could not be faulted, so I'm sure they'll do errything to keep that standard up.

Exactly I think it will be like Halo 4. Everyone was jumpy about Bungie leaving but it still turned out great.

#68 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11076 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sold. Deathstroke looks awesome. I'm worried about the fact RS isn't making the game but I'm going to put my trust in the new company. Can't wait.

#69 Edited by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio

This game could very well be awesome, but the lack of Paul Dini and Rocksteady games, its early release, and the fact that the changes seem to be softballed to us instead of proudly announced like there's a bold new direction seem to serve as red flags.

With the plot being focused on boss battle type structure, I'd imagine this is a game more about combat than stealth and strategy.

I was really hoping to see a sequel by Dini and Rocksteady that dealt with the fallout regarding Joker, Scarecrow's return, Azrael's prophecy, Hush, and perhaps the Red Hood. Seeing as the Joker referenced having killed Jason during Robin's DLC map and the Red Hood's persona being part of Joker's backstory and Jason's return, I could see it being used very poetically.

#70 Posted by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

8 assassins, Slade is one, I wonder who the other 7 are (i'm betting 1 will be Talia or someone to do with the League of Assasins)

You wouldn't happen to be familiar with Lady Shiva? David Cain?

Perhaps even their daughter might make an appearance.

#71 Posted by Shinjiro15 (30 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone else think batman's costume is improved? i never liked the AA or AC ones. It came across as a half ass comicbook movie hybrid. This one already looks cooler.

#72 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller: batman would beat deathstroke, it's silly that they've written stroke as some badass, batman has handled way tougher opponents

#73 Posted by Black_Claw (2886 posts) - - Show Bio

Best of wishes to the new development team, since the Asylum/City teams have already set the bar ridiculously high. But I'm sure they can pull it off.

Also I have my fingers crossed for Ron Pearlman as Deathstroke!

#74 Posted by vandinejd_1991 (258 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_: Maybe if all of us on here go see the Man of Steel and make it a big money maker for WB and DC Comics then people will see that Superman can be just as legit as Batman for a franchise so they will.

#75 Posted by NightFang (9866 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke; Ally to Green Arrow in TV, but enemy to Batman in Video Games.

#76 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (6010 posts) - - Show Bio

This gonna be AWESOME!!!!

Finally DEATHSTROKE is getting the LOVE!!!

#77 Posted by Oblivious (57 posts) - - Show Bio

"We have eight of the best assassin's in the world who've come together to Gotham City for one night.. to kill the bat."

I am getting this! A combination of Batman, assassin's, and snow what more could I possibly want? Eight assassin's. We all know that 1 out 8 assassin's is Deathstroke.

Who are the other 7?

Maybe Hush, Ra's al Ghul, Deathshot might return. I would want to see Jason Todd.

#78 Posted by SmashBrawler (5493 posts) - - Show Bio

Without Rocksteady I'm not really excited. I guess it could be good, maybe even the best Batman game yet but... yeah. Plus, I don't like the fact all the stuff with Scarecrow, Hush and Azrael was suddenly abandoned. I really hope Rocksteady are developing their own Arkham game separate from this one.

#79 Posted by M_Man (477 posts) - - Show Bio

Without Rocksteady, I'll have to save by box of tissues and lubricants until the game is released....

#80 Posted by QuantomMan (216 posts) - - Show Bio

im SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO freaking excited for this game

#81 Posted by Samimista (20597 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke is in this? Aw yeah! =D *grabs out the popcorn and gets ready to watch the fight*

#82 Posted by KenbuKaiten (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke, Deadshot, Shiva, Cheshire, David Cain??

#83 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks AMAZING!!!! I loved the previous arkham games!

#84 Posted by wmwadeii (3219 posts) - - Show Bio

Time will tell. It's hard for another company to take on an existing franchise.

#85 Posted by PortlandsBatman (208 posts) - - Show Bio

I am worried that Rosksteady will not be involved. I wonder why?

#86 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1098 posts) - - Show Bio

@zeeguy91 said:

@ellie_knightfall said:

Deathstroke looks BADASS

I miss his old costume. New one's not too bad, though. I mostly just miss the mask and the fold-over boots.

I f'n hated those lol. Badass tactical juggernaut who consistently takes on an entire team and he looked like a damn pirate, and not one of the sexy ones. One of my biggest costume pet peeves ever.

Blasphemy. LOL

#87 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1098 posts) - - Show Bio

"We have eight of the best assassin's in the world who've come together to Gotham City for one night.. to kill the bat."

I am getting this! A combination of Batman, assassin's, and snow what more could I possibly want? Eight assassin's. We all know that 1 out 8 assassin's is Deathstroke.

Who are the other 7?

Maybe Hush, Ra's al Ghul, Deathshot might return. I would want to see Jason Todd.

Among them is probably gonna be Cheshire, Deadshot, and Lady Shiva. Maybe Sportsmaster?

#88 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3101 posts) - - Show Bio

Here are some screenshots.

Batman Arkham Origins: BlackGate PS Vita/ 3ds

#89 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3546 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not making the same mistake as I did with ARKHAM CITY. I'm going to wait for the Game of the Year edition for this that has all the DLC on it. There's also the issue of no Rocksteady involvement.

#90 Posted by Fetts (4406 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking interesting! I'm loving Deathstroke's look. But I'm also a little skeptical, with Rocksteady Studios not involved and all. Even the plot has me a little concerned. I mean... 8 of the world's best assassins? It sounds intriguing but I already see a couple of problems. I mean, Deathstroke alone is easily enough to take care of Batman. But adding an extra 7? Why? That strikes me as a little... unnecessary. And furthermore this is just Batman in his earlier years. And somehow he's a big enough threat to send a team of the best of the best? Also, I was personally looking forward to something like Batman: Gotham City. I mean we were left with a couple of cliffhangers kinda. Like how (*SPOILERS) Batman was going to deal with Hush "tomorrow". And how Ra's al Ghul is still alive.

But that said, I suppose it's a little early to start making judgements. Hope Warners Bros. doesn't screw it up though.

#91 Edited by mhanuroth (208 posts) - - Show Bio

it looks great in the handheld

#92 Posted by PaperDemon (599 posts) - - Show Bio

probably gonna turn out bad. Not exited. :(

#93 Posted by MYadidas (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke is cool but come on! He cannot beat Batman; he can barely handle Grayson. Stupid one eyed pirate.

#94 Posted by lilben42 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

@portlandsbatman: I personally think they didn't want to do a prequel but WB did so they didn't want to be involved in this game but will come back in the other.

@paperdemon: I think the WB team will look at the other two games and learn from there. I doubt WB would risk bombing anymore.

@fetts: The screenshots show black mask, and penguin in it too. I also think the plot might not be as good as the other ones but still good but too soon to tell. I like a prequel it makes me anticipate the next one more.

#95 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1098 posts) - - Show Bio

@myadidas said:

Deathstroke is cool but come on! He cannot beat Batman; he can barely handle Grayson. Stupid one eyed pirate.

Um...he's beaten Batman before.

#96 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (5873 posts) - - Show Bio

So far costume aside there on the right track

#97 Posted by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking great. Need to see gameplay trailer when it hits.

#98 Edited by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I was really looking forward to the Silver Age inspired spin they were talking about initially.

#99 Edited by slade_wilson (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Yes! Yes! Yes!

#100 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the padding on batman's arms and thighs look a bit wierd. Has batman ever had that before?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.