Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Denny O'Neil and Snyder are the only ones who....

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

exploited the best of Batman's detective side in comics

*SPOILER*

In Hush and Long Haloween, he deduced the wrong culprit. this is the worst thing a detective could do, especialy when is so called "world's greatest detective"

MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no contestation? good, I see everybody agrees

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I wouldn't exactly say that Synder's "exploited the best of Batman's detective side".

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@masterdetective: Well you haven't given much reason why you think they are...all you said was two other stories he wasn't that good of a detective.

chrisj_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand what you're asking so I don't necessarily agree. I figured you were saying that they actually use his detective side more than most but then your example shows him failing. On a side note: So the guy messed up I'm sure real detectives do as well if evidence points towards a conclusion that is false there's nothing you could do because that's the evidensce you have.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

mmm...That means that Batman had only three writers..Loeb,Snyder and O'neil.
    Both your stories are written by the same writer.
    It would be better if you named the thread Loeb's Batman is a useless detective.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

even Sherlock messes up sometimes

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman is not perfect. he can make mistakes. Batgod sucks, batman is better.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: really good point. Too big of a sweeping statement to offer such little evidence for.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snyder is the first Batman writer to almost completely drop the ball on portraying Batman's detective side.

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo said:

Snyder is the first Batman writer to almost completely drop the ball on portraying Batman's detective side.

I love Scott Snyder... when he's NOT writing Batman. I loved The Black Mirror, but none of his other work on Batman has been anywhere near the quality of... well, anything else he's written. I know he genuinely does love the character, but he simply isn't adept at writing him. Granted his run isn't a complete failure, but the quality seems to be on an unending trend of decline.

MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo said:

you again, I'll have to quote someone:

"analyzing a corpse isn't investigation? remembering key details of conversations and piecing them together to arrive to an educated conclusion isn't investigation? literally investigating the first crime scene in the series and deducing where the throwing knives came from isn't investigation? interrogating possible witnesses and gathering information key to the investigation isn't investigating? searching the home bases of the talons for clues and evidence isn't investigation? analyzing and performing an autopsy on a skeleton isn't investigation? figuring out where he was in the city by the taste of water thereby finding where the court executes its victims isn't investigation? getting information from mr freeze about the regenerative abilities the talons have isn't investigation? he actually investigated the murder scene where Lincoln tricked the rest of the court into drinking poison. he deduced who Lincoln was, where he was, why he was doing what he was doing and who Lincoln thinks he is all by remembering key details he learned through his investigation. there was plenty of investigation in court of owls and I don't even think I covered it all."

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterdetective: If you're quoting that, then I'm sure you also saw my reply which addresses those points.

But hey, believe whatever you want.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.