Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23649 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Death of the Family; part 2

pathtales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

Edited By pathtales

The Death of the Family story arc may be over, however the death of the batfamily is still continuing.

The 'epic conclusion' of the story arc was admittedly well done with defeating the Joker, however I would argue the Death of the Family refers to DC comics wanting to get it through the fan's minds that the Batfamily we use to love is forever gone and changed. The things about the characters that originally drew me to them has been completely changed in the New 52, yet I continue to read in hopes the new plots and characters will grasp my attention. However seeing Bruce trying to reconnect the family and all of them declining? That was kind of a last straw for me.

I am sad to report very little keeps me coming back to DC comics now. I have been reading since the New 52 started and slowly dropping titles that just don't grasp my attention anymore.

Batman and Robin #16 to me was the perfect wrap up of the story arc for Bruce, Alfred, and Damian. I especially enjoyed seeing the progression of Bruce and Damian's relationship and them finally getting along.

And then the promos for the next set of comics came. A cover of Jason dead in the Outlaws and Robin RIP.

Really? Two of the few characters I still like are supposedly going to die? As a fan, this saddens me. DC constantly has to have these End of the World story arcs with tons of drama and little else. While yes, pretty much everyone reads comics for the action, I still want a little bit more thrown in. A little character development, some good banter. Jason and Tim had some great banter earlier in Teen Titans #16 , I loved that, and it was still an action packed comic.

So this is still the Death of the Family though DC is running the show instead of the Joker.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.