Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Death after death...

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Duke Thomas have to become Robin 3 years after Damian death... Damian already die, whats going to happen now ? He gonna to die again, or i dont understand how Futures end fits in the timeline ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Damian has been revived and maybe duke just becomes another sidekick

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324:

Or... will now Damian when have his new superpowers throw away his Robin costume and use new super identity like previous Robins... ?

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Futures End is afaik an alternate timeline so Duck will probably never become Robin.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
    Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@jayc1324:

Or... will now Damian when have his new superpowers throw away his Robin costume and use new super identity like previous Robins... ?

I think even Damian knows he's way too young and inexperienced to go out on his own.

ndixit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Future's End is not necessarily canon storyline. I'm surprised so many people still bring it up. I mean the whole Future's End line of stories was very bleak for pretty much all the heroes, so I doubt those things will ever come to pass.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By dernman

@ndixit said:

Future's End is not necessarily canon storyline. I'm surprised so many people still bring it up. I mean the whole Future's End line of stories was very bleak for pretty much all the heroes, so I doubt those things will ever come to pass.

Actually writers said as of now it is canon. They acknowledge some things will change but it's generally where DC is headed.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valdemocnij said:

@jayc1324:

I think even Damian knows he's way too young and inexperienced to go out on his own.

But did we/Batman need superpowered Robin ?

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@aahz said:

Futures End is afaik an alternate timeline so Duck will probably never become Robin.

I can only hope. I think 4 robins is a good point to stop...especially when the 4th one is your own child.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too many darn Robins IMO. Should have stopped after Jason's death. Made Tim a future Robin tied to someone else, possible Dick or just be on his own in the Teen Titans. Not saying I don't like Tim just that there are too many.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
    Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@battle_forum_junkie said:

@valdemocnij said:

@jayc1324:

But did we/Batman need superpowered Robin ?

Batman and Robin have always been quite an effective crime fighting team, but imagine what they will be able to do now that Robin does have superpowers. It's already changed their dynamic quite drastically. It also looks like it will have a lot of potential, as far as character development.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I somehow doubt that he will have the superpowers forever, such drastic changes have usually only a lifetime in the order of one or two years.

ndixit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I think they probably say that to keep reader interest in the Future's End series while its still ongoing. Its unlikely that the entire set of DC universe writers will be working to create such a bleak future. Especially one that readers already know about. There will be characters and elements that could be similar but I doubt the exact nature of what the future of the characters shown in Future's End will be the same because that would essentially mean that the next few years of DC comics is going to be very miserable in nature.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ndixit said:

@dernman: I think they probably say that to keep reader interest in the Future's End series while its still ongoing. Its unlikely that the entire set of DC universe writers will be working to create such a bleak future. Especially one that readers already know about. There will be characters and elements that could be similar but I doubt the exact nature of what the future of the characters shown in Future's End will be the same because that would essentially mean that the next few years of DC comics is going to be very miserable in nature.

It's not just that. You can tell with things like Earth 2 events which has been building up to it with World End. Some things will changed, it can't be helped (they said so themselves) but many of them will carry over. It just depends on how much but as of now it is the future. You also have to admit DC already has been pretty bleak.

Earth 2, Forever Evil, Crime Syndicate taking over. New 52 Gotham worse than pre 52 if you compare the short time frame. Just a few examples.

Pre 52 it had it's bad moments but the balance it tipped much more in the bleakness now. DC likes bleak.

ndixit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: True, but Future's End is bleak even for DC. I mean Future's End is bad for pretty much everyone all across the board. All the GL's are dead or as good as dead, Batman and Wonder Woman betrayed Superman so badly that he abandoned his superhero duties, Batman is battered and beaten up and on a wheelchair, Dick Grayson assassinated someone,Barbara Gordon became Bane's disciple before becoming a hulked out Beast etc... I just don't see most of these things actually happening. I am sure there will be some things that will happen, like the introduction of certain characters that were shown for the first time in Future's End, but I think a lot of the things mentioned won't happen. I mean I really don't see Duke becoming another Robin for example. There are already too many and given Damian just returned, I don't see him going anywhere soon.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ndixit: Well that's the thing. Duke is still a kid IIRC. We'll most likely never get to the point where he's at the age where he becomes robin or any of those bad things happen in the event. It's five years in the future and DC doesn't age that fast. That's why they say they can't help but change thing even though it's the future. These bad things will most likely always remain in the future. Though years down the road I can see Duke becoming Robin with age scaling and we know Earth 2 most likely will be merging soon. That is if that new event doesn't change how things are going down. Convergence was it?

ndixit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Well that's kind of my point. What we actually see in Future's End is 5 years from now in the DC universe. It'll take an eternity in real time for them to get there. By the time the DC universe gets to 5 years into the future, Future's End will be a distant memory in real time with the writers having moved on to other plots for the characters. So in the end, what the Future's End future shows, and how DC universe will actually be 5 years from now will end up very different. Which is why I don't really consider this canon. You never know what is going to happen. 'Batman' might be taken over by a new writer who doesn't like Duke and the character disappears. Things like that happen all the time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.