Dear Admins, why are these people constantly posting Futbol games

#1 Posted by wessaari (621 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, lets post 20 things that have nothing to do with the website. I know that we should be respectful, but these guys are obviously spamming the forum, can we please have a stop to it

#2 Posted by SmashBrawler (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

Because it is spam. They're spambots.

#3 Posted by Juandicimo_Magnifico45 (151 posts) - - Show Bio

It's spam

#4 Posted by wessaari (621 posts) - - Show Bio

and thats why im asking why they dont stop it. these users obviously arent here for the discussion at hand

#5 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6000 posts) - - Show Bio

IKR!!! I see a whole page full these damn spams. Seriosuly? Where are the mods nad admins? Ban this crap.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32632 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats the matter, you don't like football?

#7 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4601 posts) - - Show Bio
Here Ye... Here Ye  I agree, but  It's whatever. I mean we do have a off topic for a reason, and it isn't too hard to ignore IMHO (+)
#8 Posted by SupBatz (1687 posts) - - Show Bio

Very annoying but unpreventable. Just have to do our best to ignore them.

#9 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7529 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps require CAPTCHA whenever you login?

#10 Posted by Dernman (14712 posts) - - Show Bio

You know I think there is a reason they are not doing anything about it. I believe the reasoning is it will be handled when the redesign goes up. IIRC there is only one person working on it and they don't want to bother him with changes to something that is going to get replaced "soon".

#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32632 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman: two guys, Dave Snyder and Alexis

#12 Posted by The Stegman (23004 posts) - - Show Bio
@wessaari: I don't wanna seem rude about it, but I believe that making threads about the spam isn't helping matters, it's has been going on for a while, the mods and staff are aware, and I'm sure are doing what they can about it. Yes, the spam is annoying, but please be patient, and try to just ignore it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.