Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

DC "original" animated movies...

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Notice the quotation marks surrounding the word "original"

There is nothing original in these movies, since they are adapted from comic books

Why don't they do real original movies like "Mask of the Phantasm" anymore?

PatMcgroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have never thought about it before.

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good thing I pointed it out then

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Shrugs* Suppose it's just easier to adapt what is already there rather than trying to have creative freedoms.

TakeLuutzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is what bugs me the most about DC's animated movies. All of the old flicks are good. Mask of the Phantasm, Return of the Joker, World's Finest.
    Jay Olivia directs almost all DC animated movies. He takes source material and f***s it up..
    DC has some great writers, those who write the comics. Let them create original stories!

HighlyEvolved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Possibly to get more people into the comics? Like, "that was really good and from the comics, so perhaps the other comics are great as well". I don't know, I guess it's also just easier to adapt. I am personally fine with them adapting the comics.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.