Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

DC Movie Updates—Batman #4 and A Justice League Movie?

• 58 results
    No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here
           The line-up would more-than-likely get paired down.
     The line-up would more-than-likely get paired down.

Warner Bros. movie exec. Jeff Robinov dropped a few little-but-big bombs  in a recent profile that the LA Times did on him. The one that’s more of a given concerns a fourth Batman movie, of which plans are apparently already in motion for (pending a discussion with Christopher Nolan.) Nobody should really be shocked by this  —DARK KNIGHT made waaaaaaaaay too much money for the puck to stop any time soon  — but I guess the real question is over how much involvement monsieur Nolan will have. Supposedly, he’ll be producing, but it’s otherwise being talked about as a reboot...and I think people ought to chill about that. I don’t think they’re going to be telling the origin over again after the whole escalation game runs its course. It’ll probably be a reboot to the effect that BATMAN FOREVER was a reboot.

The other tidbit concerned a JUSTICE LEAGUE movie, which is apparently on track after that MORTAL movie was unfortunately cancelled a couple years ago. That would seem to say that things have changed since Diane Nelson apparently ruled out a JLA movie last year. My sense is that the team movie would be treated as its own entity, in its own universe, without any direct ties to the solo flicks  — even if the same characters are featured. If mainstream fans were able to accept that the new movie Batman’s similar-but-distinct to the old movie Batman, I don’t see it being that hard to reconcile this kind of variation. And lord knows how long comic fans have gotten used to concurrent realities and continuities...

HumanTorch101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By HumanTorch101

With this news, I really don't care about Batman if Nolan isn't involved in some way and I could care less about a JLA movie.

LordTaronji101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By LordTaronji101

We can only hope these will be good

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

ITS ABOUT TIME!!!! 
    NEARLY 4 YEARS!
    CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

Finally, a reboot of the Batman series! A Live-action JLA movie doesn't interest me at all, DC's characters are too hard to bring to the big screen.

Avatar image for wonder_princess
    Wonder Princess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Wonder Princess
    I have dreamed of a JLA movie my whole life.  Please let it be good.
    Tmul501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tmul501

I think Batman #4 should be the Dark Knight Returns. Zach Snyder already expressed interest in it...just saying

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By johnny_spam

The rumor of there being a Justice League movie is just a rumor that got out of control the person interviewing Jeff Robinov assumed there would be a Justice League movie and wrote it down look at the interviews he never says there will be one only the interviewer speculated.  This article really summed up why there will probably not be one soon and even predicted a bunch of sites would report the rumor as confirmation.

The bigger thing to pay attention to is Jeff Robinov said that just because Wonder Woman has a show does not rule out her getting a movie.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#8  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

These reboots and remakes need to stop !!!! >.<

DC can barely put out a live action movie with a single character, how in the hell are they going to make a team movie, other then the newer Batman movies, V and Watchmen they have a horrible track record.

KingLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KingLoki

Justice League? Get going on The Flash already!

Woodclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Woodclaw

I suspect that the decision was partially influenced by the fact that the Avengers movie is getting more and more interest (granted so far it gfot some pretty sweet build-up in the form of the individual character movies).

Mumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mumbles

meh on a reboot batman...yay on JLA

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By TDK_1997

If Nolan isn't doing the Batman movie then i don't it would be good.But JLA movie will see

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By isaac_clarke

I doubt we will be seeing a JLA movie within the next 6-8 years so whatever.
    Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jordanstine
    @johnny spam said:

"The rumor of there being a Justice League movie is just a rumor that got out of control the person interviewing Jeff Robinov assumed there would be a Justice League movie and wrote it down look at the interviews he never says there will be one only the interviewer speculated.  This article really summed up why there will probably not be one soon and even predicted a bunch of sites would report the rumor as confirmation.   The bigger thing to pay attention to is Jeff Robinov said that just because Wonder Woman has a show does not rule out her getting a movie. "

Good catch! 

Nowhere in that article did Jeff Robinov talk about the Justice League; sounds like the interviewer just wanted to get his article wet.

As far as if there will be a possible JLA in the future... if it really is going to be a total different entity (meaning totally different actors playing Batman & Superman)... and unless this is 5-7 years down the road, then I see this having so many issues from the get go that plagued the original JLA film idea.

Sobe Cin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sobe Cin

Let's see how the Green Lantern movie pans out before watching any other super hero films. Because as cool as the JLA are, I would rather see the Justice Society. Characters like Wildcat and Sand, possibly Dr. Fate on the big screen- that would be much better.
    redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By redmanta
    @Wonder Princess said:
    " I have dreamed of a JLA movie my whole life.  Please let it be good. "
    me too
    Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sydpart2

ok...who want's a worlds finest movie before seeing a JL movie?

Wattup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wattup

Batman 4 should be TDKR...or...dare I say it...BATMAN BEYOND!!!!

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

So a Justice League movie with absolutely no connection to the individual members films? So let get this straight. DC is doing the exact opposite of what Marvel has been doing, making a whole universe with individual movies, and instead going for the easy way and just throw them together? Pass.

RubyShadesp3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By RubyShadesp3

Personally, I'd like to see a new stab at Batman, and I'm game for a JL movie. Wonder Woman and Flash films would be awesome too. Unfortunately, DC has said similar things many times before, and I'm not going to see hold my breath waiting for what Robinov talked about.

Out_of_Space

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Out_of_Space

JLA movie was my dream. Hope they doesn't fucked it up !
    mickoreo_LZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mickoreo_LZ

I wouldn't like to see someone new take the reigns of the Batman franchise. It'd be way too cool if Nolan stayed on and Bale came back and Hathaway remained as Catwoman and the Penguin, Black Mask, and Two-Face have an all out gang war and everyone would live happily ever after in the best comic to movie franchise ever! Mwa ha ha ha ha

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Icon

Another Batman reboot!? That sounds a little greedy. I can totally understand DC/WB wanting a Justice League movie though, what with Marvel doing the Avengers and all. I think they should have had character based movies for some of its members before doing an all in one, but it could be good.  

@Mr. Dead Pool said:

" So a Justice League movie with absolutely no connection to the individual members films? So let get this straight. DC is doing the exact opposite of what Marvel has been doing, making a whole universe with individual movies, and instead going for the easy way and just throw them together? Pass. "
    When you put it that way.. Yeah, not the best approach. 
    CasimirAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By CasimirAngel

I'm trying not to get my hopes up. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-649a95712285a
    deactivated-649a95712285a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

What? A batman reboot? Seriously? Someone at comicvine has to be punking me right now. Where's the hidden camera? Is it under the desk? Its under the desk isn't it? 
    ....anyways.....In all seriousness. This is the stupidest thing Ive heard all day. Just leave it as a trilogy. Don't touch it. Just leave it on the counter or up in a shelf for now. Unless of course Nolan wants to take it down himself. Then I'm game. Dark Knight was the perfect Batman movie for me and Im pumped for DKRises but Ive accespted that it is the end and Im okay with that. If you love something let it go. Dont hammer it into the ground with reboots, prequels, sequals, spin-offs, and other nonsensory nonsense.    
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @johnny spam said:
    "   The bigger thing to pay attention to is Jeff Robinov said that just because Wonder Woman has a show does not rule out her getting a movie. "
    This
    brvermee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By brvermee
    @mickoreo_LZ: Too bad Two-Face died in the Nolan movies.
    Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28  Edited By Pokeysteve

Am I the only one alive who didn't like Nolan's Batman films? That wasn't Batman. I don't know if you guys know this but Batman is a detective. Bale's was written as a plain old vigilante with some gadgets (loved the grapple gun though). I guess if they plan to make a stand alone JLA movie it doesn't matter. I have such low hopes for a JLA movie. After Superman Returns........I mean he's got to be the easiest character to get right after the Punisher and they couldn't do it. Who knows what J'onn, WW, and Aquaman will be like.  As a big Wonder Woman fan I'd bet my wiener they royally, no pun intended, eff her up. 

This is the part where everyone yells at me and I cry lol =D

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#29  Edited By HaloKing343

Batman 4 would be great AS LONG AS ITS NOT A REBOOT and I could see a JLA movie. That might be pretty cool.
    battyfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By battyfan1
    @pikahyper said:
    " These reboots and remakes need to stop !!!! >.<  DC can barely put out a live action movie with a single character, how in the hell are they going to make a team movie, other then the newer Batman movies, V and Watchmen they have a horrible track record. "
    totally agree with this......
    Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a DC-Fan at all, plus they don't keep their promises. They're like FOX. Only character that I enjoy is Green Lantern.

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By They Killed Cap!

super excited about the idea of a JLA movie...just do it better than x-men please
    Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#33  Edited By Mbecks14

Batman franchise should end with #3. It's just going to get all Batman Forever on us, and we're going to get pissed off. 

JLA movie sounds awesome! BUT i'm afraid that it'll be really hard/wont be well done

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#34  Edited By Darkmount1

I actually like the fact that we may see a live action JLA movie.  If not only to compete with the Avengers, but to also introduce a new generation to the team. 

Also, the heck with grounding a movie in realism, let the JLA movie be PURELY fantasy.
    MrCipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MrCipher

Could someone please explain how Batman Forever was a reboot? Was it because someone else took the reins and decided to change the overall look of the characters, added more cheese and less interesting content, with a host of melodramatic over-actors?

If so, I'm scared for what someone might do to Batman. Although I do think a "less real-world analog", and a take on the character set in not easily discernible time-period would do wonders for him; I love the pseudo-20s/50s/90s technology of Batman: The Animated Series. It opens up the world to the fantastic and unsusal so that foes like Clayface and Killer Croc are easy to accept, AND it would allow a more seamless integration into the worlds of Superman and Wonder Woman, making a JLA movie more seamless and acceptable as well.

While I do enjoy the take Nolan had in many ways, I did not see much detective work, and the backdrop city in the second movie was NOT Gotham City by any stretch of the imagination. Of course it can easily be argued, and probably will, that many interpretations of Batman have existed over the years and all are valid (except that those who truly love Batman ignore Brave and the Bold, Adam West, and the Superfriends, like "that weird dude" from high school you accidentally run into at your reunion).

Quick Edit: Ok I admit, that Batman started to suck starting in April 1940 and didn't quit sucking until after Crisis...so there's 50 years of suckage to account for.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#36  Edited By JonesDeini

Idris Elba for J'onn J'onzz & Michael Jai White for Jon Stewart.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By Gambit1024

JLA wouldn't work as a movie, imo... See the difference between the JLA and the Avengers is that the JLA has way bigger names. I mean Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman all in one movie is enough, then you add the soon to be popular GL in the mix along with the fan favorites like Flash and Martian Manhunter and now your paying for all these actors and effects... Ugh, just a lot of stuff there. 

Now a World's Finest movie I can get behind. We're long over do for a Superman/Batman crossover. 

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#38  Edited By The Impersonator

I would love to see the Flash movie first.

jamdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By jamdown

look what i found. sadly it looks and probrably is fake    
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#40  Edited By entropy_aegis

What's up with the Nolan love?he is'nt the only person out there.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#41  Edited By Mercy_
    @entropy_aegis said:
    " What's up with the Nolan love?he is'nt the only person out there. "
    He's shown that he's good at taking flamboyant characters and putting a modern-day twist on them. 
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @entropy_aegis said:
    He's shown that he's good at taking flamboyant characters and putting a modern-day twist on them.  "

Meh,he understands one aspect of the batman character and tries to take it too far.Personally i felt TDK was vastly overrated.His batman is just a dude in kevlar,i for one can't wait to see him go and we finally get someone who's willing to take some risks instead of playing it safe with the realism crap.Only reason i'm excited for TDKR is due to bane,had they gone for riddler or some other "realistic" villian then i would'nt have bothered.
    Gallivant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Gallivant

This will be amazing if they can get a good cast. especially if Christian Bale will continue as the Bats.

LP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By LP

I swear I would be rich by now if I got a million dollars for everytime a fanboy pooped on themselves in disgust whenever a company decided to make a character even more popular than they are with a movie/game/show/song/whatever. lol

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#45  Edited By NightFang3

Interesting. 

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Eyz
    @entropy_aegis said:
    " @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @entropy_aegis said:
    He's shown that he's good at taking flamboyant characters and putting a modern-day twist on them.  "
    Meh,he understands one aspect of the batman character and tries to take it too far.Personally i felt TDK was vastly overrated.His batman is just a dude in kevlar,i for one can't wait to see him go and we finally get someone who's willing to take some risks instead of playing it safe with the realism crap.Only reason i'm excited for TDKR is due to bane,had they gone for riddler or some other "realistic" villian then i would'nt have bothered. "
    If only a Batman movie would, someday, show the Detective aspect of Bats just a tiny bit....
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Eyz said:
    " @entropy_aegis said:
    " @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @entropy_aegis said:
    Meh,he understands one aspect of the batman character and tries to take it too far.Personally i felt TDK was vastly overrated.His batman is just a dude in kevlar,i for one can't wait to see him go and we finally get someone who's willing to take some risks instead of playing it safe with the realism crap.Only reason i'm excited for TDKR is due to bane,had they gone for riddler or some other "realistic" villian then i would'nt have bothered. "
    If only a Batman movie would, someday, show the Detective aspect of Bats just a tiny bit.... "

Heck showing any side of batman would be appreciated,they focused on his intensity and fear in begins,while completly dropping the ball in TDK making it a joker vs two-face with batman of secondary importance,hence why to me begins>>>TDK. 
    schmidty207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

User Lists: 8

#48  Edited By schmidty207

This just proves yet again the major difference between the Big Two. Each had a hugh movie hit on their hands. One of them said "Hey, this is going so well, let's build a series of movies where all of our characters will appear over time within the universe of this one film!", and the other is DC!
    queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By queenfrost_

Speaking of DC. A new glimpse at the Wondy costume right here:
     http://blastr.com/2011/03/nbc-changed-that-wonder-w.php

Jayso4201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jayso4201

A JLA movie will never happen, there are just too many characters, it would have too be like 5 hours long.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.