Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

DC Announces ROBIN RISES: OMEGA One-Shot

• 74 results
    cobra88king8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

we are most definitely bringing back a Robin for Batman’s 75th anniversary

They are being intentionally vague here. Although I want Damian back, part of me thinks they want to play on everyone's expectations

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@the_tree said:

Damian or nothing.

Also,

No Caption Provided

This.

Finally a cosmic Batman story, woooohooooo!!

This.

Although I have a feeling that Damian's not coming back, I hope I'm wrong.

Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool18
    thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be cool for comics to you know start keeping characters dead especially The New 52 since a reboot is a chance to restart but it's Duma** so no shockers there. New Robin. Because obviously i want characters to stay dead in comics but i do like Damian alot. But i think were overdue for another in continuity girl Robin. I also disagree with Batman needing a Robin. The Batfamily is awesome love pretty much every main member of the Bat-Family so Nightwing and anyone with Bat in the name but i think Batman is twice as awesome when he's solo. Robins add alot to the comics awesome stuff great characters that DC has so few of but still Batman is BA on his own it also fits the character so much more. It's like how lone wolf Wolverine is on every freaking superhero team like so much for the whole lone wolf pretty huge contradiction. But i overall prefer him with a good Robin because i like the Batfamily i just don't think he HAS to have Robin. The movies NEED to add the Bat-family because pretty much each one other then obviously Robin since he needs to be a sidekick is worthy of their own movie few DC characters are worthy of their own movie. If you get rid of the Bat-family like most assume or even get rid of sidekick extensions of a character in general you are getting rid of majority of good DC characters. That leaves you with like 8 heroes worthy of a movie. You need people like Superboy and Nightwing if you want a good large DCCU.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By RustyRoy

@br_havoc said:

I think Damian comes back but he is "aged" he will replace Nightwing when Dicks a super spy.

I like the idea but if he comes back Damian should stay as Robin for a couple of more years.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@rustyroy: DC seems set on pushing a new female Robin so I do not think Damian will go back to being Robin.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc said:

@rustyroy: DC seems set on pushing a new female Robin so I do not think Damian will go back to being Robin.

Who? Carrie Kelly?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: And Harper is kind of a female Nightwing.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@kilowog52: I kinda figured because omega in the title, Batman's face looks like Darkseid, & the eyes. I think on comicbookresources, they should the cover to Batman and Robin 33 I think & it showed the Justice League post-Forever Evil trying to hold Batman back.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Yeah they seem to be pushing her for the next Robin. I do not know maybe Damian will come back as a villain for a storyline?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

1) If Darkseid/Apokolypse is involved in this, that's kind of cool.

2) I really hope Damien stays dead.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Damian!! Please be Damian!

roboadmiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@jaken7: All credibility out the window you say? Most of the seminal Batman works that shape how Batman is thought about contain little-to-no Robin.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@roboadmiral: Hah! That's so incredibly incorrect. You can name them though if that makes you feel better. Batman barely existed for a year before Robin was introduced. Batman always has, and always will need a Robin. That's the entire reason Tim Drake was able to convince Bruce to let him be Robin after Jason's death.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@tdk_1997: um the writer is Tomasi Gleason is an artist

Oh god,how the hell did I get it wrong.Might've been distracted when I was writting the post.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

I like the Damian character. If the story is good I'll gladly welcome him back. But we know most resurrection stories are iffy.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

What will this mean for Bluebird? I thought it was implied in Batman #28 that Harper Row would become Batman's new partner in the future?

Azrael_Online

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not going to surprise anyone if this ends up being clone or Damien was put into a Lazerous pit. With Stephanie and Carrie both having appearances in the New 52 though either one would be really cool. As much as I dug Carrie as Robin it would be nice to see Stephanie back at it again as well.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By JulieDC

As much as I hate Damian, I'd rather have him than a new Robin, 4 Robins is already getting excessive and DC doesn't seem to know what do with them once they move on from being Robin....use what ya already got and stop reinventing the wheel. Anyways, unless it was Tim (or Jason or Dick just to throw it out there) returning to the role of Robin, I don't think I will be reading this.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian, now that's good news!

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only problem I'd have with this is: Would Batman really let Damian be Robin again?

After all the mourning, after all the reflection on how he wished he could spend more time with his son, and he's just going to let him suit-up again?

I hope that when Damian comes back, and I have no doubt he will, that he does not become Robin again, at least not right away.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#71  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@sentryman555 said:

I like the idea of Damian coming back. It would be like when Jason Todd came back only this time we could see how different the results would be if Batman had actually been there for his resurrection. If it's not damian, please let it be someone new. I don't like Carrie Kelly and harper row just doesn't seem to fit. And I've never been a stephanie brown fan. Maybe give us Cassandra?

That would be top!...but we all know that that's not going to happen... :( DC management hates her, and they would much rather prefer to create a whole new character, than to re-introduce her...we have good exemples of that in the New 52, Strix, Batgirl Beyond, etc for instances, Scott Snyder admitted that he wantted to use Cassandra Cain on Batman Eternal, but DC said no, and that's why Harper Row is here, in the first place...DC even went as far, as de-aging Lady Shiva, so she couldn't be her mother anymore...and they gave Nightwing some type of Move-Reading, i guess that thei're trying to make Cass less unique, or something.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

What will this mean for Bluebird? I thought it was implied in Batman #28 that Harper Row would become Batman's new partner in the future?

Good point!...everyone (including me) are thinking that Harper Row won't be Robin, because she will be Blue Bird...but and if Blue Bird becomes the new Robin?...maybe a Robin won't return per se...maybe it's going to be someone that will do what Robin did...with another name.

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By sentryman555

@sentryman555 said:

I like the idea of Damian coming back. It would be like when Jason Todd came back only this time we could see how different the results would be if Batman had actually been there for his resurrection. If it's not damian, please let it be someone new. I don't like Carrie Kelly and harper row just doesn't seem to fit. And I've never been a stephanie brown fan. Maybe give us Cassandra?

That would be top!...but we all know that that's not going to happen... :( DC management hates her, and they would much rather prefer to create a whole new character, than to re-introduce her...we have good exemples of that in the New 52, Strix, Batgirl Beyond, etc for instances, Scott Snyder admitted that he wantted to use Cassandra Cain on Batman Eternal, but DC said no, and that's why Harper Row is here, in the first place...DC even went as far, as de-aging Lady Shiva, so she couldn't be her mother anymore...and they gave Nightwing some type of Move-Reading, i guess that thei're trying to make Cass less unique, or something.

I didn't know all that was going on concerning Cass's character. That's a HUGE disappointment! Especially considering cassandra is asian/american and a member of the bat family. So you have diversity and related to batman. The two things DC seems to want above everything. I've actually felt a dislike for harper row because I had that thought of "We could be getting cassandra instead."

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Darkseid is involved in the robin rises plot. How can you go to Apokolips and not see Darkseid? Perhaps he will find out batman snuck in and get angry and then come to earth to retaliate. I don't know though, I just want to see more of him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.