Dark Knight Rises Teaser Unmasks on Facebook

• 91 results
Posted by MattDemers (362 posts) - - Show Bio

For all of you looking for the first glimpses of The Dark Knight Rises, look no further than the film's Facebook page. A short, minute-and-change trailer has been posted, showcasing Bruce, Commissioner Gordon and a brief (and I mean brief) shot of Tom Hardy's Bane.

I can say, though, that this underwhelmed me a bit; we don't really get a feel for what the film will be about, except for some thematic dialog. Yes, we know that the Batman needs to exist, and that he needs to come back to right the wrongs of Gotham - that's just standard "third act" stuff. Perhaps that's what the director wanted us to see with this teaser: instead of making it seem like a giant action movie, the film's focus should be the closing out of the story, and the decisions Bruce Wayne is about to face.

== TEASER ==

We also find out that Bane's mask isn't the full-faced version we're used to, which perhaps allows for a bit more expressiveness by the actor.

Hopefully we'll get a better look at San Diego Comic Con, but we're left with some questions as a result of this trailer: why is Gordon is a hospital bed? Is Batman being set up for a loss against Bane (he looks quite winded in the sequence we see him in)? Is Bruce Wayne being set up for a crisis of conscience?

What do you guys think of the trailer?

---

Like what I have to say and want to read more? Want to yell at me about comics, the Internet and whatever else? Follow me on my Twitter or my personal Tumblr!

#1 Posted by xkoenig (393 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, at this stage this was more than enough for me! I don't think they've finished shooting the movie yet, have they? Can't wait to see the Catwoman outfit though.

#2 Posted by johnny_spam (2035 posts) - - Show Bio

Compared to the last trailer which was all audio it probably gives off more about the plot. Really dark and ominous. I still do not understand why people get upset that a teaser does not feature a bunch of new footage.

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Decent teaser. I would've been fine with just audio this time around. 

#4 Posted by Icon (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

It's an OK teaser. I love the crumbling buildings/bat symbol in the sky part. I can't stand that ugly predator-like mask they gave Bane though. His comics mask was iconic. Why couldn't they just go with that?

#5 Posted by yo_yo_fun (643 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw the trailer this weekend when I watched Harry Potter (yay!:) 
And I think it was a great teaser trailer, u don't know what is about to come & that's what a teaser trailer is suppose to do. 
It gave u the sense of the movie, like a little taste & let me tell u, I liked it! lol

#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icon: I agree. The luchadore mask was badass.  

Judging by the chant, at least we know that Bane has a connection to the Spanish.
#7 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11317 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icon said:

It's an OK teaser. I love the crumbling buildings/bat symbol in the sky part. I can't stand that ugly predator-like mask they gave Bane though. His comics mask was iconic. Why couldn't they just go with that?

I totally agree with you on the Bane mask, it could be better
#8 Posted by Wattup (648 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm scared.

#9 Posted by keith71_98 (387 posts) - - Show Bio

FREAKING CHILLS!!!!!!!
#10 Posted by Blizaga101 (923 posts) - - Show Bio

Im so exited for this, especially if the earthquake does happen.
#11 Posted by matrix10st (34 posts) - - Show Bio

avengers was after thi and they both look awesome as hell .This looks awesome as hell next of course is probably spiderman then GHOSTRIDER, and really what we have ultimatley is supermans teaser. Im just hoping he doesnt have that old chris reeve suit on. Other than that we probably will have loneranger but thats bout it. 2012 Year of the Comic Movies. YOU SHALL NOT PASS.. Tom cruise
#12 Posted by The Lobster (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it.

It's only a teaser after all. It's better than the Dark Knight Teaser with just the crumbling Bat symbol and a few bits of audio clips. At least we get some new footage. 

I'm sure the actual trailer will be better.

#13 Posted by Ice Zero (41 posts) - - Show Bio

This Is Arkham! Arkham!  This Is Arkham! Arkham! The way that they chant it is very creepy and scary! I really will have to watch this movie!

#14 Posted by BlackPookie (640 posts) - - Show Bio

my fave actor is finally getting the attention he deserves... in here and in tinker, tailor, soldier, spy 

oh yes...  
the teaser... its great... and i get to see that bruce is facing some hard choices...  
and thats what i like in comics... so cant wait to see it! 
=)

#15 Posted by The Lobster (1505 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ice Zero said:
This Is Arkham! Arkham!  This Is Arkham! Arkham! The way that they chant it is very creepy and scary! I really will have to watch this movie!
Actually they're chanting "Matalo Matalo Bane Bane Matalo Matalo"

Matalo is Spanish for "kill it"
#16 Posted by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw this in theaters Batman DOES NOT look prepared to fight in that last frame.

#17 Posted by sj_esposito (457 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that this a great teaser, but it's only a teaser. I cannot wait to see a trailer. I think Bane's mask fits in very well with Nolan's universe, and I think Tom Hardy looks pretty terrifying playing him. Did anyone notice just how much bigger he is than Batman in the last shot?  

I hope this movie will live up to my expectations!

#18 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8994 posts) - - Show Bio

so glad to see this in such great quality 

#19 Posted by fitchy101 (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps the Bat shall be broken? Only time shall tell...

#20 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

I got goosebumps from watching this.

#21 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7710 posts) - - Show Bio

meh. Bane looks horrible.
Another movie where thousands of annoying fanboys will worship.
Im sure it will be pretty good, tho.

#22 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2239 posts) - - Show Bio

WOO HOO!  I cannot wait.  I just hope it doesn't end with him not being Batman, but rather him finally being Batman or something, like letting us know he will always be Batman.

#23 Posted by pulseangel666 (329 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait it looks so awsome! 
#24 Posted by PATTX (64 posts) - - Show Bio

I know may of you may criticize me but I think Batman will die or he'll be almost killed by Bane then he retires whit a broken back and visits Gordon and the rest of the injured GCPD so he goes back and I think Ra' al Ghul will appear when discovering The Pit. In the comics the Venom (used by Bane) The Pit liquid (used by al Ghul) and the Fear Toxin (used by ScareCrow) are 3 different things but i the film i think they will be the same. JUST THINK LIKE NOLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

#25 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane's mask looks like crap. If they didn't want to give him a wrestling mask they could have given him a painted gas mask. If they didn't want to cover his face then they should have passed on the mask entirely.

#26 Posted by NightFang (9967 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm buying my ticket now.

#27 Posted by Alfiebo (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he will get broken thats where the training montage & the speech comes from.

#28 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I like the Bane in Batman and Robin better...........................

#29 Posted by The Lobster (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

ITSJUSTSOMERANDOMGUY does it again.
#30 Posted by rkstud632 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

gives me an ideay better  on what this might be about .I am such a Batman fan I will be seeing this . Will be as good as Dark Knight no but hopefully better than Batman Begins
#31 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the current trailer being shown in the theaters.

#32 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad they released the higher quality version. When i saw it in theaters it felt like it went by so quick. 

I wonder where Batman and Bane are fighting at in that final scene. If you pause and look in the background there's a sniper pointed presumably at Batman. 

#33 Posted by Tempest55 (77 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about you guys but I'm looking forward to the Adam West cameo in this film...and that's pretty much my main highlight haha.

#34 Posted by shackle (215 posts) - - Show Bio

Hear that?  That's the sound of millions of fanboys going "SQUEEEEEE" in unison. 

Really, I never, EVER want to hear a Batman/Nolan fan bashing Twihards for their silly, slavish devotion.  EVER.

#35 Posted by KDP2 (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are you underwhelmed by this?  This WAY more info than what we got for The Dark Knight.  We got a bat symbol for that and we knew that the Joker was more than what Batman bargained for...  That's stuff we already knew.  This teaser actually shows clips of a movie, which isn't even close to being done yet, and you're underwhelmed?!?  Ah well, guess you can't please everyone.  For me this was more than enough for a teaser and the symbol of us RISING towards the Bat Symbol was quite epic.  And Batman trying to avoid Bane...  Definitely a big threat which actually makes me fear that his back might break in the movie.

#36 Posted by MonarchOfMountebanks (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Baleman looks like he's about to shiss his pants from the approaching Bane. lol

#37 Posted by Sekele (276 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icon:  
because it would remind people of "Batman & Robin" ?
#38 Posted by Zuckuss_02 (43 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not digging Bane's mask at all. Why can't they just give him his iconic mask from the comics.

#39 Posted by darkcloakx (788 posts) - - Show Bio

looks interesting ! can't wait for the full trailer.   

#40 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Freaking awesome, best batman movie

#41 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Bane mask at first I thought they were gonna go with the revamped Batman animated series Bane mask where it was more s&m. But I'm totally happy with this choice. I like how it might be where he inhales the venom/ possibly mixed with the lazurus pit.

#42 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@fitchy101 said:
Perhaps the Bat shall be broken? Only time shall tell...
He will be, might see it after I see Avengers the 10th time.
#43 Posted by quiksilver70777 (69 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Knight Rises movie will blow the Avengers  movie out of the water. Marvel has nothing on the Batman Films. Hopefully they can turn the Green Lantern films around and make the Superman movie epic. Not too crazy about the cast in the Superman movie. I fear that DC can only make good Batman films. 

#44 Posted by thatlad (594 posts) - - Show Bio
Less of a teaser and more of a dissapointment. Banes mask looks ridiculous, not Batman & Robin bad but up there
#45 Edited by J1ml33 (527 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Lobster said:

ITSJUSTSOMERANDOMGUY does it again. 

and if you think that is something watch this ...

this one just makes me laugh :D

and also this fan made one too ( good too) :D

#46 Posted by Samimista (20647 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks nice in high quality really can't wait for this

#47 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

underwhelming

#48 Posted by RavenVice01 (246 posts) - - Show Bio

Christopher Nolan is a narrow minded twit who may have made some valid points about the batman mythos but all in all he butchered it. I mean first of all: It looks like Jim Gordon is dying from cancer or something which blows it for me because Jim Gordon is crucial to the Batman lore. Bane's mask looks like a half ass version of Darth Vader and he is albino. From it sounds like: Bane is going to be a combination between Ubu and Dusan al Ghul. Nolan completely destroyed Bane's origin where he came from Santa Prisca which is the DC version of Cuba and if King Snake is even mentioned in the film, he will probably be the same british naval officer that he was in the comics except he will be stationed in India during Britain's imperialism over India. Bane's new origin according to the film will probably be King Snake ravages a young Indian woman or maybe he kidnaps Ra's al Ghul's wife and has his way with her. Ra's raises the boy but he feels disgusted by the boy's existence and treats him as a weapon rather than an adopted son kinda how Ra's views his own son Dusan. Eventually Ra's will get his revenge on King Snake with Bane's help like he mentioned in Batman Begins. As for Catwoman, I rolled my eyes when I heard Anne Hathaway was playing Catwoman, its like hearing Amy Adams (the chick from Enchanted) playing Lois Lane or Topher Grace playing Venom (bad casting). Couldn't Nolan get Kate Beckinsale to play Selina but anyway I can see where this Catwoman is going. Selina will play Catwoman for Bruce Wayne and Batman but she will actually be Talia al Ghul in disguise. Nolan is trying to connect the whole "cat thing" being sacred in the middle east like Egypt and of course, Ra's al Ghul's name is arabic. I don't know. I mean when I heard Batman Begins put a pending Batman Beyond film on hold, I will admit I was pissed off but I gave Batman Begins a thumbs up because at first I liked the direction that this film was going but now I am glad that this will be Nolan's last take on Batman. Someone else needs to step up to "bat" and make a saga of Batman that no one can match. And yes that pun was intended.          
#49 Posted by spider-man 2996 (660 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is standing behind Batman at 1.24?
#50 Posted by Dark Cell (447 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like he is going to break the bat.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.