Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Court of Owls vs Black Glove (Not a battle)

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By daak1212

Out of these two clandestine organizations, which is your favorite?

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Phaedrusgr

Court of Owls is more batmanish for me, makes more sense, sounds more intriguing etc etc (you get the point). As a matter of fact, I never liked the whole Black Glove thing, don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, that's just me.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Saren

Haven't seen much from the Court yet, though Talon is cooler than Hurt. However, as an organization I'm going with the Black Glove. I don't believe anyone has ever struck at Bruce with the precision and cruelty of the Black Glove, and that would include Ra's al Ghul as well as Bane's Knightfall scheme.

germandinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By germandinner

I like both groups, and for the time being, I like the Black Glove more. But it seems like the Court is just getting started, so my opinion may change by the end of this story arch in Batman.

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By shawn87

Right now I'd go with Court Of Owls. I'm intrigued with everything about them and the anticipation of waiting each month to find out a little bit more is killing me

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Black Glove, easily. Court of Owls is just a rip off, and a vastly inferior one. 
    RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By RainEffect

I think the whole Owl metaphor is an ingenious work of writing. There was that line in Batman #3 where Bruce is narrating and he says "owls don't build nests, they inhabit other nests". Correlate that with the Wayne Foundations and the Thirteenth Floor idea and you've got an brilliant plot device.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Billy Batson

Court of Owls and I haven't even read the new Batman.
    BB

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By entropy_aegis

@CitizenBane said:

Haven't seen much from the Court yet, though Talon is cooler than Hurt. However, as an organization I'm going with the Black Glove. I don't believe anyone has ever struck at Bruce with the precision and cruelty of the Black Glove, and that would include Ra's al Ghul as well as Bane's Knightfall scheme.

Yup,however I don't like the direction which Snyder has hinted for Talon.It seems everyone and their mother will be stomping a Talon later(he's apparantely just one of many so it diminishes his accomplishments).

@Phaedrusgr said:

Court of Owls is more batmanish for me, makes more sense, sounds more intriguing etc etc (you get the point). As a matter of fact, I never liked the whole Black Glove thing, don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, that's just me.

You know,these guys have been "ruling" Gotham and yet we still don't know where they were in NML?Contagion? or during all the power grabs between the various mob bosses?

They've been so secret that they eventually became irreleavnt.

Overall The Black Gloves modus operandi made a lot more sense than the Court.The COO is a fantastic concept for a Batman in his early years but a Batman who's been through all that crap from Year:One to Leviathan? Nope.However I like how Snyder has improved upon the Owlman concept.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By the_tree

The Black Glove by far.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@entropy_aegis: That's what I like with their story. The fact that they work all these years in such a secret way, that even the Great Batman had no clue. It reminds me a lot of Moriarty's appearance in Sherlock's stories. I don't want to argue over this, but I didn't enjoy the Black Glove stories. Completely personal, no offense to your likings. Now, I'll agree with you that we know nothing about them, so the story could become stupid, nonsense or simply lame, but I trust Snyder. Anyway, court of Owls for me.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Phaedrusgr said:

@entropy_aegis: That's what I like with their story. The fact that they work all these years in such a secret way, that even the Great Batman had no clue. It reminds me a lot of Moriarty's appearance in Sherlock's stories. I don't want to argue over this, but I didn't enjoy the Black Glove stories. Completely personal, no offense to your likings. Now, I'll agree with you that we know nothing about them, so the story could become stupid, nonsense or simply lame, but I trust Snyder. Anyway, court of Owls for me.

No prob,but I just find it hard to believe that they've been operating for soo long without detection.Contagion and NML could've easily exposed them.It simply makes Bruce look like a fool IMO.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Superguy0009e

Court of Owls, way more dark and mysterious

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By entropy_aegis

@Superguy0009e said:

Court of Owls, way more dark and mysterious

That's only because the Black Glove story is complete,I remember how everyone was dying to know Dr Hurt's true ID.I have'nt seen anywhere near that level of curiosity for Talon(granted Hurt had a longer buildup).The Island of Mister Mayhew was much darker IMO.

KidRobin1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phaedrusgr: I agree though Zurr En Arhh was a cool revived concept the r presence of Owls and their connections to Dick Grayson always sparks my fascination. Now if Grant Morrison and Scott Snyder worked together on a World's Fiest team up of Superman with is House of El and the Bat Family, that'll be an epic for our times

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Black Glove.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I forgot who the black glove were so I'm going with Court of owls

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Glove easily

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By deathstroke52
    Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Glove is more powerful but I like the Court better.

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I like the Court

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.