Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Could Marion Cotillard Be Catwoman or Talia?

• 88 results
    No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here
             I'm sure the WB wouldn't mind another Oscar winner in the cast.
          I'm sure the WB wouldn't mind another Oscar winner in the cast.

Broadway World’s collected a number of rumors that’ve been floating around lately regarding the prospect of Marion Cotillard acting in BATMAN 3. They’re saying she could be playing Catwoman or Ra’s al Ghul’s daughter, Talia. If this were true, it’d follow Nolan’s tendency to continue casting actors he’s liked working with (a tendency that’s fueled those persisting rumors about Joseph Gordon-Levitt playing the Riddler.) If you saw INCEPTION (and, given the grosses, you probably did,) you’ll remember that Cotillard just played Leo Dicaprio’s vengeful, reality-doubting wife there.

Anyway, the notion of Catwoman showing up in the next Bat-movie has been around for a while. Babs even did a Brutally Honest about it a few weeks back. With Rachel Dawes out of the picture (two year old spoilers alert!) we all know Batman’s going to need some new love interest in this movie (I know Gambler would absolutely die for it to be Lady Shiva.) Me, I’d personally rather not have it be Catwoman, simply because we’ve already seen her in the movies before. Plus, I still have too-fond memories of Michelle Pfeiffer’s psychosexual, latex dominatrix take.  == TEASER ==

Continuity-minded fans might also be miffed about seeing and hearing a French Selina Kyle, as well. The accent could easily fit Talia, though. Her inclusion would also make a bit more sense given that her immortal daddy’s already shown up in this new series. Then again, Goyer and the Nolan Bros. might just make up an entirely new character to be Batman's girl, as has happened for half of these modern Batman movies. 

What do you Comic Vine maniacs think of this? Would you want Cotillard playing Catwoman or Talia? Would you even want her in the movie at all? And, most importantly, who should the big strong Batman be getting all mushy about in movie #3?

Tom Pinchuk’s the writer of HYBRID BASTARDS! & UNIMAGINABLE. Order them on Amazon here & here.

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By johnny_spam

I'll take it as a rumor but after seeing this woman in Inception I think she is a great actress and it would not be bad casting her. Still I think just because Inception came out the rumor sites have just been running stuff based on seeing the movie. 

EDIT: After seeing the source was comicbookmovie.com I am now sure this is a rumor.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Magian

I would like to see her as Talia.

lvv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By lvv

I don't imagine her as catwoman. She's great when she plays a seductive, chic woman (that is to say in all her movies), but catwoman.. no I really do not imagine it.

batmanboy11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#4  Edited By batmanboy11

Talia should not be in the film, and Cotillard should not be in it as a villian-ess/ love intrest.
    HaHaManHV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By HaHaManHV

Talia would be fantastic. I want to see new characters brought into the loop, it makes them all stand out more. Plus, Talia fits the world of the new Batman movies more than Catwoman

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By sora_thekey

I want to see Talia in the film... then again a Nolan version of Catwoman would be well received... by me!
    I want both!

Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Green Skin

As long as she's not playing Catwoman, cool.  The gallery of Batman characters is way too large to keep going back to the same character time and time again.  Talia wouldn't be my first choice, but it definitely fits.

TheAntiVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheAntiVillain

Talia please

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By difficlus
    @johnny spam said:
    " I'll take it as a rumor but after seeing this woman in Inception I think she is a great actress and it would not be bad casting her. Still I think just because Inception came out the rumor sites have just been running stuff based on seeing the movie.  EDIT: After seeing the source was comicbookmovie.com I am now sure this is a rumor. "
    lol
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By goldenkey

WOW, it sure likes the people are calling for Talia. I'd like to see that as well.  I don't really like her, but I can see her as Talia.

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Doctor!!!!!
    @batmanboy11 said:

"Talia should not be in the film, and Cotillard should not be in it as a villian-ess/ love intrest. "

@ComicMan24 said:

"I would like to see her as Talia. "

That would be awsome. 
    Either as Catwoman, which would be super steamy. 
    or Talia, coming to exact revenge against the Bat after killing Rauls Al Gul, her father. 
    That would be even better. 
     PS. Batmanboy11, I know that username.......your always on twitter to AOTS, 
    They love you over there.
    Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jordanstine

I usually dread the movie "TRILOGY curse"... but I actually have hope that Batman 3 would be good, based solely on who is helming the director chair. 

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By doordoor123

Id like to see Catwoman and Talia fight for bruce's love. And then the return of Ra's al Ghul. It would follow the three movie, three villain deal. But ive noticed Nolan doesnt care. He puts two villians in every movie.

roxamilli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By roxamilli

She would make an amazing Talia, but like other people have said, they'd have to bring back Ra's al Ghul (lazarus pit!!! ), or have Talia seeking revenge. Neither option sounds exciting enough for the 3rd movie though.
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By DH69

im sorry but her accent annoyed the hell out of me in inception (couldnt figure out where she was from)

rogue_kiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By rogue_kiss

I would prefer to see her as Talia - it would be lovely to have her try to avenge her father's "death" on Batman, only to have him make a miraculous return thanks to the Lazarus Pit... FUN!

Aria_belle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Aria_belle

Please no love trianlge. I am a believer that simple is better. So liets hope they only choose one and don't overload it with villains. 2 had a good balance even with 2 villains, lets not try for 3 or more haha.
    Mumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mumbles

hope its talia

KNIGHT SAVIOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 42

#19  Edited By KNIGHT SAVIOR

Talia , it should be Talia
    EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EnSabahNurX

She looks more talia-esque and im really hoping that's the case

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Moomin123

Although I'd rather want Emily Blunt, I think Nolan will go with Cotillard because she's been in one of his films.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#22  Edited By jakob187

It should be illegal to be as drop dead gorgeous as Marion Cotillard.

elayem98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By elayem98
    @lvv said:
    " I don't imagine her as catwoman. She's great when she plays a seductive, chic woman (that is to say in all her movies), but catwoman.. no I really do not imagine it. "
    Chic? Seductive!? That is catwoman! i dont know what catwoman u know that isnt seductive.
    Avatar image for orionstarlancer
    OrionStarlancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By OrionStarlancer

Talia, ultimately, would be a more interesting character and more probable in Nolan's universe.  Catwoman would seem too much like a strange deviation away from the "realistic" approach to a world with a batman that Nolan has maintained pretty damn well thus far.  Since he's decided to avoid the issue of the ever awkward sidekick, Robin, why not just leave out semi-sidekick slash villains like Catwoman as well . . . unless Halle Berry wants to reprise the role with a spectacular nude scene--I would completely absolve Nolan of all other infractions for that. 

lvv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lvv
    @elayem98:  I mean catwoman must be sexy, hot. Cotillard isn't. Cotillard is chic in her long dress near Brad Pitt, I don't think she is in a catwoman costume.
    grifter78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 159

#26  Edited By grifter78

I'd love for there to be a Catwoman in Batman 3 but if 
    Marion Cotillard's in it, I'd rather she play Talia.

Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sydpart2

If there must be a love interest then I'm gonna say Talia, and I'm sure she'd be a good actress for the part...she did the crazy lady in love well in Inception and I'm sure Talia would have to be played in some similar way, obviously in love but still crazy to a certain extent...

ComiCCloseup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ComiCCloseup

ummm who?
    Avatar image for chipsnopotatoes
    chipsnopotatoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By chipsnopotatoes

She'd be absolutely great as Catwoman, THE femme fatale. I'm still baffled why people would think Catwoman would not fit in Nolan's world. Forget the affinity to cats; instead, think cat-burglar. A smart heist movie ala Inception would be a great way to get her into the film.

Britt601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Britt601

I love me some catwoman, for she has been one of my favorites, but the girl should play Talia
    shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By shawn87

i really hope they go with Talia over Catwoman

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32  Edited By Cherry Bomb

Marion Cotillard is such a good actress and very beautiful aswell. I think she'd be just about perfect as Talia Al Ghul !   

maimran91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By maimran91

I really have no idea.

Avatar image for daredevilwithoutfear
    Daredevilwithoutfear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would rather have Catwoman over Talia but if they do bring Talia then Ra's needs to return..

I think Marion Cotillard would be a awesome Catwoman or Talia but If it is Talia Ra's needs to come back

XFan616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By XFan616

Yeah I think it'd be better to have Talia. Also it would make sense. Vengeful daughter and all that. I'm also a fan of Joseph-Gordon Levitt as the Riddler. Although I don't know if I could pick between him and Robin Williams...

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By chalkshark

I've been waiting for this shoe to drop ever since Cotillard was cast in Inception. I knew the inevitable rumors would begin about her being cast in the next Batman film. Since I've yet to hear her  speak with a convincing American accent, & the roles I've seen her in have tended toward cool sophistication, I'd say her European aura & exotic beauty would best be suited to Talia Al Ghul.  Catwoman seems too low trade of a character, what with her hooker-turned-fetishistic burglar origin, for Cotillard. Of course, like everything else swimming around the next Batman film, this information is probably completely baseless.

Sir Duke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37  Edited By Sir Duke

I'd much, much, much rather see Catwoman over Talia, but Cotillard would be much better as Talia.

elayem98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By elayem98
    @lvv said:
    " @elayem98:  I mean catwoman must be sexy, hot. Cotillard isn't. Cotillard is chic in her long dress near Brad Pitt, I don't think she is in a catwoman costume. "
    thats true i agree wit u
    Wolverine0628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#39  Edited By Wolverine0628

Personally, I'm really hoping for Talia here.  She's a great character, and that way, they could tie Ra's al Ghul in again.

Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd

Talia comesback Bruce has already met  her during his stay at the League of Assasins Ashram.. had a "thing" then she pops up with a surprise..one we dont learn till the enda the film... Bruce suspects she wants revenge and is responsible for the crimewave ANY selina kyle appearance should be a NON super heroine/leather clad one..ala Year One

Bun all that riddler nonsense... enter Tommy Elliot (Sam Worthington) to totally shake up Bats life, twoface is revealed alive Gotham spirals back into chaos and despair..Bats reaches breakin point physically and mentally before completly breakin down (RIP) hes comforted by Talia who begins to reveals the secret while he simultaneously realises Ras isnt dead Tommys been manipulatin his self destruction &Talias been waitin for him to fulfill his VAST untapped potential & take over the League

Bruce shakes it all off &comes to the conclusion he doesnt HAVE to be Batman &its not just a burden yad yada etc but what he wants to &was BORN to do, climactic end scene where he kicks everyones ass &locks em up provin said point. Epilogue scene:Paris, a super agile 10/15 yr old (Anton Yelchin) wearin a red green hoody is free running his way thru the city:roll credits
    Avatar image for the_orange_crush
    the_orange_crush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By the_orange_crush

Cotillard would be a GREAT fit as Talia. Seductive, beauty, and dangerous.

ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42  Edited By ComicCrazy

I could see her as either character she was great in Inception so it's all good to me.
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By NightFang3
    @ComicMan24 said:
    " I would like to see her as Talia. "
                  Nough said.  
    Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By Pizawle

She is a great actress. Am sure if she was given a role, whatever it may be, she would do a wonderful job.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#45  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

She's not hot enough to be Selina or Talia, but I don't really care if she plays the character well. Since they're two of my favourite comic book characters, I don't want them screwed up.

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#46  Edited By Mbecks14

I approve!!!

Aheld92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Aheld92

I'd love to see her as either one, She's a great actress and very sexy

Brickabrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Brickabrack

Personal taste here, but I don't find her attractive enough to be either Talia or Catwoman.
    KBs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By KBs

Catwoman needs to be in Batman 3!
    Avatar image for emerald_dragonfly_deleteme
    Emerald Dragonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that by watching Inception I watched Batman 3.    

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.