Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23621 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Could James Gordon become a GL?

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
    Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Soothing_Sounds

I started to realize that James actually has some intense will-power, he's a good man, and he's a great leader. So could Gordon become a GL, and if he could, what type of GL? Would he achieve Hal Jordan or Sinestro status? What would his constructs look like?

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By CrimsonCake

His construct would be a big hand gun.

Avatar image for goldenboy_prime
    Goldenboy_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Goldenboy_Prime

You mean, James "I cheated on my wife" Gordon yeah his will power is the stuff GL rings are made of. On a more serious note, he has decent will power but I don't think he's quite GL level

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By r3d_rob1n

I liked the idea of a GL better when there was just one human Lantern. Now it seems that humans, who previously never became lanterns, have the most will-power of any alien race.

To the point of the question though, I don't think that Gordon has enough will to control the ring. Like @Goldenboy_Prime: said, he did succumb to cheating with Sarah. Besides, if a ring is that close to Gotham I'm sure it would fly straight to the Batcave and latch onto Bruce.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By gotwillpower

@Goldenboy_Prime said:

You mean, James "I cheated on my wife" Gordon yeah his will power is the stuff GL rings are made of. On a more serious note, he has decent will power but I don't think he's quite GL level

Lol, yeah, I don't think Gordon would make for a good Green Lantern. He still smokes too.

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FatihBATMAN

Gordon is staying in the police force :D!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.