Could Alfred get away with killing Batman?

#1 Posted by acer51 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean no one would suspect Alfred if Batman was murdered, Bruce trusted his Butler more then anyone.

#2 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like the police would immediately look to the Butler who is the only other person living in a highly fortified manor and stands to inherit the Wayne family fortune. Nothing screams motive like billions of dollars

#3 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you mean if Batman was murdered no one would suspect Alfred? The essential part of being a good detective is to never assume anything; surely Batman would have taught that to Dick, Barbara, and Tim. Clearly the police are incompetent and the Bat family would be investigating.

#4 Posted by BlueArrow (256 posts) - - Show Bio

He's already wasted 20 years of his life caring for the kid, why would he kill him

#5 Posted by btmt (222 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueArrow said:

He's already wasted 20 years of his life caring for the kid, why would he kill him

#6 Posted by PaperDemon (599 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlueArrow said:

#7 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6013 posts) - - Show Bio

Alfred Killin' Batman-- the thought of it gives me daymares

#8 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

@MadeinBangladesh said:

Alfred Killin' Batman-- the thought of it gives me daymares

it would be a hell of a elseworld story if written right.

#9 Posted by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Not likely, The bat family would have investigated and gone after him.

#10 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio

Surely it would be far too cliche... plus if they actually did do something like that, they would probably M.Night Shyamalan the hell out of it

#11 Posted by nickzambuto (12903 posts) - - Show Bio

...Maybe.

#12 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17574 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they would suspect him because Alfred is the only person Batman entirely trusts,he trusts Alfred with certain things such as maintaining his Bat suit and what not.

So that's exactly it he trusted Alfred more than anyone so he would be suspected first.

I agree it would make a great else worlds story if written well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.