Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23537 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Confused about batman and batman ethernal, need help

JoeMc94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

***Spoiler Warning, I will be talking about Scott Snyder's batman, batman eternal volume 1, batman incorporated/batman and robin and Nightwing/Grayson***

Ok basically my question is when does batman Eternal take place, I dunno if i just confused myself or i read something wrong or I'm just not seeing something, but for some reason i taught batman eternal takes place in between death of the family and endgame, but in batman eternal vol 1 they talk openly about something happening to Nightwing and Damien, this lead me to thinking "ok so nightwing is Grayson now and they think hes dead" and Damien is either still dead or hes been revived and they are just talking about the whole incident, either way I'm not too pushed about Damien but i want to know where this story ties in, they talk about Nightwing as if hes dead but then Dick Grayson shows up in endgame, i cant get my head around this can someone help?

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternal started around the time when in the main series issue #30 was published. So everyting that happened until the issue #30 (like the death of Dick and Damian) happend before eternal.Were eternal ends is not as easy to say. In the Batman series they published Zero Year during the time when Eternal stared and then directly went on with Endgame, which is set after Ethernal.

Dick "died" shortly before Eternal and no one apart from Bruce knows that his death was faked at the moment, this will change in one of the next issues afaik.

Most other series (like Batman and Robin) ignored Eternal sofar (or at least before convergence happend, I havend read the latest issues), and in return no series apart from Batman and Robin acknowledged Damians return afaik (he was for example completely ignored in Endgame even if he should have been already back at this point).

The reason for this is probably that they published to many Batman events at the same time parallel, and didn't want to spoil what happened in the other event.

JoeMc94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz: Thank you so much that was very helpful,

So what I'm thinking now is maybe the bat family find out about Dick somewhere between eternal and endgame and he comes back to Gotham to help fight the joker and then afterward returns back to Spyral. Would this be a safe assumption to make or am I leaving out anything important?

Also I have only read Nightwing so I know why Dick is gone, but I haven't read any of Grayson so I don't know whats going on with him at the moment but for anyone that is reading it is Endgame or the aftermath mentioned at all? I only want a yes or no answer please cause I'm looking forward to reading it

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joemc94 said:

So what I'm thinking now is maybe the bat family find out about Dick somewhere between eternal and endgame and he comes back to Gotham to help fight the joker and then afterward returns back to Spyral. Would this be a safe assumption to make or am I leaving out anything important?

Nobody except Bruce knows that Dick is alive, he appeared in Endgame, but non of the other family members has seen him. They all still belive he is dead. They will learn that he is alive in the near future but these comics are not published yet.

Avatar image for perchance2dream
    Perchance2Dream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@aahz said:
    @joemc94 said:

Nobody except Bruce knows that Dick is alive, he appeared in Endgame, but non of the other family members has seen him. They all still belive he is dead. They will learn that he is alive in the near future but these comics are not published yet.

JoeMc94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz said:

That doesn't sound plausible to me. The fact that Batgirl, Bluebird and Red Hood were fighting along Batman when joker was parading Batman's trophies and the fact that Penny-Two was in contact with Batman and knew he was in the caves and not at the parade?

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Penny-Two (and Alfred?) know it but the others will learn it afaik in Grayson#12 and the next Batgirl Annual.

JoeMc94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz: Perhaps, guess well just wait and see!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.