Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23537 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

CONFIRMED: Events of Endgame "100% Real In Every Way"

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gracetrack

The man, Scott Snyder himself, confirmed it in his recent interview. Everything that has happened in Endgame is "100% real in every way." It is not a dream or hallucination.

This means Batman (and Joker through his virus) truly defeated the Justice League.

I might be asking for trouble here, but... thoughts?

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Just roll my eyes and say yep, looks like Snyder was watching horror movies again.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

I'm conflicted about this. Between this and the Hellbat, what's the point of having the Justice League around if Batman can just build mech-suits to duplicate or exceed the abilities of other Leaguers? It really puts the League in a bad light and makes them seem like chumps in comparison.

The path forward is clear: Batman must fire the Justice League and hold new tryouts to recruit heroes who can get on his level.

Joe_Chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

The path forward is clear: Batman must fire the Justice League and hold new tryouts to recruit heroes who can get on his level.

This would seriously be the best thing ever

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kiba

Snyder also said that the league wasn't fighting at their best because of the Joker toxin, so Bats didn't really beat them straight up. Now that he's shown them what he's got in store for them an intelligent league would put up a much better fight. I don't think they made batman op. All though his fight with superman was pretty dumb.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@saren said:

You could easily get three Justice League issues out of a story like that. Batman keeps Superman and Flash, throws out Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Cyborg for being redundant and useless, and hires Firestorm, Zatanna and Martian Manhunter in their stead. Bam. The League is at least five times better now.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gracetrack

@kiba said:

Snyder also said that the league wasn't fighting at their best because of the Joker toxin, so Bats didn't really beat them straight up. Now that he's shown them what he's got in store for them an intelligent league would put up a much better fight. I don't think they made batman op. All though his fight with superman was pretty dumb.

The League was morals off and they were not pulling their punches, just "a bit slower." For all intents and purposes, yes - he beat them. A League in their right minds (in character, morals on) would have been holding back far more I should think.

Avatar image for marcus_halberstram
    Marcus_Halberstram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@joe_chill said:
    @saren said:

You could easily get three Justice League issues out of a story like that. Batman keeps Superman and Flash, throws out Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Cyborg for being redundant and useless, and hires Firestorm, Zatanna and Martian Manhunter in their stead. Bam. The League is at least five times better now.

This would be so awesome.

Avatar image for marcus_halberstram
    Marcus_Halberstram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba said:

Weakened or not, he still beat five members of the League who weren't holding back.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

This would be so awesome.

I would be on board with this. :)

Tikbaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@joe_chill said:
    @saren said:

I'd keep Wonder Woman around, but yeah, that would be a pretty good read.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course it is all happening.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
    deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@joe_chill said:
    @saren said:

If Zatanna and Martian Manhunter are put in the JLA, count me in. As of now, I couldn't give two sh*ts about the series.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

It is proven once again that the Justice League is redundant when you have Batman. Batman can make his own team from mecha-suits that kick everyone's ass, he doesn't need no Superman or Wonder Woman or Flash.

Avatar image for harlequinofhearts
    HarlequinOfHearts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@joe_chill said:
    @saren said:

I'm on board with this. Heck! It might make me pick up the Justice League comics again.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.