Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Comic Vine Question of the Week RESULTS: Batman Arkham Knight: What Excites You The Most?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Can you sense that? It's as if a million voices suddenly cried out in joy and are getting ready to make pre-orders. Something great has happened, and that something is a new Batman game by Rocksteady! Set to hit the Xbox One, Playstation 4 and PC sometime this year, Rocksteady says it'll be the finale to their epic Arkham franchise. Titled Arkham Knight, the game will introduce the batmobile, feature an all-new villain, have a massive open world, mark the return of Kevin Conroy, and even make Harley Quinn playable in challenges. So yeah, there's a lot to get excited about, isn't there? However, we wanted to see what has you all the most thrilled about the announcement, and after two days of voting, the simple fact that it's a Rocksteady game absolutely dominated the poll.

No Caption Provided

It's easy to understand the love for Rocksteady. Arkham Asylum and Arkham City aren't just great comic book games -- which are far and few between -- they're also legitimately stellar video games and can hold their own against other popular franchises. They're regularly sporting an absorbing plot and, best of all, you feel like Batman. The sensation of a punch landing against a goon's jaw and running across a rooftop and then gliding over Gotham's crime-infested streets is pure bliss. Unlike other properties which feel like a simple update with a new game, Rocksteady proved they can make their next project feel like a whole new game when they went from Asylum to City. Based on the little we've seen so far, that definitely appears to be the case yet again and there's an understandable amount of hype and excitement behind this announcement. So, who else is now motivated to get an Xbox One, Playstation 4 or a good PC just for this game?

Comic Viner ULTRAstarkiller explains why it's thrilling to have Rocksteady behind the next Batman game.

"Dude its a new Batman game by Rocksteady!!! I'm excited about everything. For one the epic story that we all know Rocksteady will deliver. More epic boss battles like Freeze's. Third THE GOD DAMN BAT..MOBILE. Fourth more Riddler challenges because everyone loves those. Finally its flipping Batman on the Xbox One! I cant wait."

Here's the complete poll results.

• Dude, it's a new Batman game by ROCKSTEADY. 'Nuff said! 45%
    • It's the finale, so bring on the epic story! 22%
    • I can drive the batmobile?! YES! 17%
    • The return of Kevin Conroy! 6%
    • I can't wait to beat up goons as Harley Quinn! 4%
    • I'm anxious to see if there's new combat mechanics/equipment! 4%
    • Test my mind, Rocksteady, and hit me with more detective work! 2%
    No Caption Provided

On a scale of 1 to "GIVE IT TO ME NOW," how thrilled are you for the upcoming game? Don't be shy, join the discussion below.

Do you enjoy voting in a new question every week? Well, feel free to suggest a question for the segment below or send it via twitter. Seriously, it may be used down the road! Be sure to check the homepage next Tuesday for an all-new question!

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
    TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

Super excited!

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ARMIV2

Kinda everything's got me excited, but what I'm really looking forward to is just being able to explore this massive place. 5x larger than Arkham City? Oh, yes!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Shame I won't be able to get it until like a year after it's released

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Too bad there was no "all of the above".

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jonny_anonymous: Haven't upgraded to next-gen? That's a shame. Keeping it exclusive to PS4 and Xbone is really going to insanely help the game, but it's a pretty big detriment to their fan base (and sales). It'll be interesting to note the sales patterns of next-gen consoles after this game's announcement.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Shame I won't be able to get it until like a year after it's released

Yeah, I may be in the same boat. It's very unlikely I'll have a PS4 when the game releases. Oh well!

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

So excited for this game!! I went to gamestop Tuesday and reserved it. I can't wait!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jaken7 said:

@jonny_anonymous: Haven't upgraded to next-gen? That's a shame. Keeping it exclusive to PS4 and Xbone is really going to insanely help the game, but it's a pretty big detriment to their fan base (and sales). It'll be interesting to note the sales patterns of next-gen consoles after this game's announcement.

The only thing that it will help on is graphics really and that's not something I care about that much.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Hay will you be putting up the Sin City 2 trailer when it's released today?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: You're kidding me right? You must not know much about how games are developed. Do you think the maps could be that large? Do you think there could be 5x as many enemies on screen? The frame rate and resolution that large? (which has more to do with how the game runs then graphics). The polygon count for one enemy is more than the entire environment of Arkham Asylum. It's not just "well everything looks a little better."

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Arkham CIty being 5x as big still isn't as big as some games that are on last gen.

SlickyMike88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SlickyMike88

Vroom vroom your Harley........ I mean driving and playing as harley

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Yet they aren't as technically impressive. GTA 5 is an exception because they worked on that for more than half a decade and had a team of over 1,000. Not to mention that nobody knows how they did it. Even industry veterans like Hideo Kojima (who is making an incredibly long, ridiculously large open world Metal Gear) were blown away, and Kojima said he's afraid he couldn't do that if he tried. Besides, Rocksteady said they aren't even going for size, but intricate detail (yet it's still coming out rather large). I know it sucks not having a current-gen console, but to deny their technical improvements over the last-gen is delusional.

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't seem like they have setup an excuse for no civilians so far, so hopefully there will be some non-combatants wandering the streets and getting mugged.

After the finale of Arkham City the Arkham universe is in a interesting place. Bringing back the Scarecrow as the supposed big bad is interesting since he was the best boss fight in Arkham Asylum. You know that based on the shenanigans that went on in the last 30 minutes of Arkham City that he is unlikely to be the one pulling the strings though.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@jonny_anonymous: Yet they aren't as technically impressive. GTA 5 is an exception because they worked on that for more than half a decade and had a team of over 1,000. Not to mention that nobody knows how they did it. Even industry veterans like Hideo Kojima (who is making an incredibly long, ridiculously large open world Metal Gear) were blown away, and Kojima said he's afraid he couldn't do that if he tried. Besides, Rocksteady said they aren't even going for size, but intricate detail (yet it's still coming out rather large). I know it sucks not having a current-gen console, but to deny their technical improvements over the last-gen is delusional.

If this comes out and it's so amazing that it could never have been ported to last gen I will eat my hat. There hasn't been a game that's came out yet that can claim that.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cybexx: Nah they've already said Gotham has been evacuated so it's just cops and badguys left.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: That's just plain incorrect. I could give you tons of examples, but I'll shut it down with one rebuttal. Last-gen can't do 60fps at 1080p, yet that's the case for almost all PS4 games.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@jaken7 said:

@jonny_anonymous: That's just plain incorrect. I could give you tons of examples, but I'll shut it down with one rebuttal. Last-gen can't do 60fps at 1080p, yet that's the case for almost all PS4 games.

But regardless of the quality of graphics and the open world Gotham in Arkham Knight, will it really help the game to be relegated solely to next gen consoles? I'm in the same boat as Jonny in being unable to get a next gen console or a high spec PC to play the game on. So I'm really bummed that the game is only for next gen consoles because I simply cannot afford a next gen console just for one game. And that'll be the case for lots of other people too. It's a slippery road Rocksteady are treading by doing this.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: It'll help the actual game itself (as in content), but hurt it's sales. I've already written how bad I feel for fans who are missing out because of this on 2 separate threads. But I also said, while I'm sad for you guys, I'm happy for those of us that will get to experience a vastly superior product that doesn't have to be reined in (Rocksteady's words) and scaled down to fit onto last-gen consoles.

There has to be a line somewhere, and this happens every generation. I remember how upset people were that Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (sequel to one of the Xbox's best exclusive titles) was only coming out on 360. People were even upset about Halo 3 even though that was 2 years after the 360 was released.

Ultimately, the only way to support hardware is to give it plenty of software. In the end this should help the industry as a whole, and will probably move plenty of units (Sony and Microsoft are so lucky to have Rocksteady make games for their newest consoles).

matanui123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super excited!

Well here goes 400 bucks on a new system plus the game.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jaken7 said:

so... graphics then?

fallbrigade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't even see this poll :( I think the thing that excites me the most is getting to see an Arkham game on next-gen. I absolutely love this series, even Origins and its bugs. So to see what Rocksteady is capable of on a next-gen system is fantastic. Upgraded graphics, a map 5x larger than City, and just all around a plethora of things now possible, it's going to be a real treat to see and experience. I cannot wait. It's going to be so greaaaaaaaat!

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By sentryman555

The game looks awesome! But I feel like they should've waited till at least next year to release it if they're only doing next gen consoles. A lot of people still don't have a ps4 and that could really hurt their sales.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: In that one example I used just to quickly prove your statement false, yes. Lol

You also probably wouldn't be able to put as many enemies on screen as there are zombies onscreen at one time in Dead Rising 3. You also couldn't have such a detailed, photorealistic, dynamic open world like Seattle in Infamous: Second Son (I know, I live in Seattle and the map is stunning to look at and amazing how correct everything is geographically. Not to mention how big it is). I could probably think of more examples but I'll stop there. Impressive considering how little time these consoles have been on shelves, and how little the library is so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for shallbecomeabattoo
    Shallbecomeabattoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the ps4 since release day, but this fall will be the first time it'll really pay off!

I am so hyped already!

Oh and for me one of the biggest draws, next to bigger Gotham, new engine, better graphics, Batmobile, is the mystery...

Who is the Arkham Knight? I have a feeling it could be Thomas Wayne.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks epic.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in the camp of getting a ps4 just for this game (though I'd get one eventually, this just speeds up the process).

greenlucario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By greenlucario

Oh well, would have liked to play this but since it's a next gen exclusive I'll wait.

ptigrusmagus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and Mass Effect 4 will force me to buy an overpriced next gen console

mr_gone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i bet arkham knight is hush

Krypton-115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!

MixMastaMicah5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36  Edited By MixMastaMicah5

Loving that Rocksteady is back at the helm. Stoked

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#37  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

I'm super excited and woot woot a shout out lol

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game looks to be a 100% improvement over the cash-grab that was Arkham Origins. Totally stoked. Might even buy a PS4 to get the game when it comes out.

ferry98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yes

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By vandinejd_1991

Well I have yet to play Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, or Arkham Origins I'd say at least a 5.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
    knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got to say that those screenshots look beautiful.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not excited at all.... Unless they make it available for Xbox 360.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starting to save my cash now for the Xbox One and later Arkham Knight.

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
    TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I've enjoyed every Batman: Arkham game so far. (Arkham Origins was undoubtedly flawed, but still a fun game nonetheless.) The selling point of Arkham Knight is another piece of the continuity coupled with a drivable Batmobile. I am incredibly excited for this game.

The Arkham games have some of the best art design around and movie makers could learn a thing or two from Rocksteady regarding how Batman should look and feel. These games hit the nail on the head in my opinion.

BuNKiTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm saving up for the Collector's Edition for the PS4. Even though I don't have a PS4 yet. That'll have to wait.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
    infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've beaten Arkham Asylum and Arkham City 6 times. Give it to me now! They're my favorite games of last gen. It's only competition is Metal Gear Solid 5, but that probably won't come out next year. Metal Gear Solid was the closest we got to Batman before the Arkham games. Metal Gear Solid 3 is my all time favorite game! Hopefully it beats it!

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad it's not coming out on last gen. I'll be getting it on steam to play it the second it is released. Since it is the end of the series, I hope they will do something else now and not just do another batman series. I would love a co-op Justice League series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.