Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Comic Bratwurst: Is the Batman Animated Series... overrated?

• 58 results
    Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#51  Edited By Strafe Prower

If I had a banhammer here, you would feel it's wrath! :P

Avatar image for thekingofwisdom
    TheKingofWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By TheKingofWisdom

I do find Batman: The Animated Series overrated, all though I'm not sure if it's because it hasn't aged well. If it's corny now, surely it was just as corny back then, no? Perhaps you didn't notice how corny it was because you were a kid, and everything is better when you're a kid (i.e. you have lower standards as a child). There is something about Kevin Conroy's performance that I don't like. His voice never seems to go up in pitch, even when Wayne/Batman is kidding around. In general, though, Batman is just a boring character. He's a brooding grump who goes around beating people up. Batman is only as good as his villains, and some episodes are pretty entertaining. As a whole, though, I find the show to be rather hit or miss. Robin adds a lot of charm, he does a good job of lightening the mood. Without Robin, the show would be rather joyless.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This blasphemy has just now come to my attention.

If you find BTAS to be "Overrated" I suggest you take up a different hobby like knitting because you have no love and you are objectively an awful person.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73a0365070
    deactivated-57e73a0365070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thekingofwisdom
    TheKingofWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekillerklok: Does it bother you that people have different opinions than you?

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@thekingofwisdom: I disagree with you. Kevin Conroy is by far the best Batman voice there has been. The Joker was greatly voices by Mark Hamill and his laugh was thrilling. The looks of the Batman was perfect, with a long blue cap. The serie has the best Batmobile out of any other medium. There was detective work and good fights. The vilains were well depicted. And the serie introduces/created the infamous Harley Queen. It has a greatest Freeze story. And got birth to two of the best Batman animated movies. All of the episod have a Noir feeling in them that you loose in every other Batman animated things. But sure, you look at anything (movie, cartoon, tv serie) from the early 90's or before, you will find them a bit ridiculus now. But back then it was a revolution in cartoons, and a cartoon that adults could enjoy too. It is not overrated, before judging you have to put it back in its context. I believe there are no other super-hero cartoon that impacted as much an entire generation (and more). Everyone remembers Alfred's voice.

It is not becouse the show is "joyless" as you say, that it is not enjoyable. You and many watched it, why then ? Well because it was enjoyed (and a lot). Yes Robin added to the serie and it was good. Event if I didn't like him being a bit arrogant sometimes.

Then, I agreed you have your personnal opinion and feelings about the serie, but saying it is a hit or miss, you must be really difficult to please.

But also I would like to add about "overrated". Why people think this serie is overrated ??? Lot's a people say that "The New Batman Adventures" was better. Sur it was on many points. Especially the animation was better.

Batman TAS sucks!!!

You suck too ! Tell us why you think so.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.