Comic Book Question of the Week: What Do You Want Batman to Look Like In 'Batman vs. Superman?'

• 50 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (36482 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that Kevin Smith has received a look at Ben Affleck's Batsuit and praised it to infinity and beyond, we're all left wondering what it really looks like. The writer/director claims it's unlike anything we've seen in the movies and now we're racking our brains trying to think of what designs it could be inspired by. This week, we want you to join in on our baseless speculation. We've placed ten awesome Batsuits on the poll and we're curious to see which one you'd like to see serve as inspiration for the next cinematic version of Batman.

Apologies, but no, Zebra and Zur-En-Arrh did not make the cut.

CLICK HERE TO VOTE!!!

The poll will remain open until Thursday morning (ET). Once it's locked, a new article will go live with the results and more. If you want to go the extra mile, go ahead and get your elaboration on. Why'd you vote for a certain costume and what exactly makes it so fantastically awesome to you? Check the homepage Thursday to see the results and more!

Staff
#1 Posted by G-Man (30702 posts) - - Show Bio

Staff
#2 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

this one all they would have to do really is make the symbol similar to dkr or brave and the bold

#3 Posted by Chronicjihad (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Something like the normal costume from Arkham Origins would be great. He simply looks badass. (More badass than usual, anyway.)

#4 Posted by Sveppi (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want it to be grey. I like the look of Noel and Arkham Origins, so any elaboration on either of those would be cool with me.

#5 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@sveppi said:

I just want it to be grey. I like the look of Noel and Arkham Origins, so any elaboration on either of those would be cool with me.

with snyders way of directing i think the one i pitched would be better suited honestly. i get why you want what you want but we already have had multiple black suit batmen. id love to see the blue/gray suit

#6 Posted by noj (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

I would want the Noel costume with elements of the New 52 costume.

#7 Posted by hamlet33 (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Noel and Origins would be awesome. Batman incorporated would also be great.

#8 Edited by kurtz433 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

#9 Edited by PunyParker (9036 posts) - - Show Bio

We discussed this many times on the other topic,but anyway.....again....

#10 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20373 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Smallville Batman's SupermanBuster

2. Superman Unchained Batman's Supermanbuster

3. Earth 2 Batman's suit

4. The Batman's Batbot.

#11 Posted by thetomorrowknight2013 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

This. I saw this on Deviantart a few days ago and thought "This is the suit. Batman Noel is perfect for live action."

#12 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

i do hope supermans costume is updated

something like god fall with blue

#13 Posted by BumBurger (53 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping of something along the lines of New 52 but as long as it's grey and black and not just straight black i'm fine lol

#14 Posted by fallbrigade (103 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely not something all black like the last movies. We need to see something new. I'd love some dark grays and dark blues used as the primary colors for the suit.

#15 Edited by Captain13 (3284 posts) - - Show Bio
Purple Gloves!

Keep the black so he is distinct from Superman, color wise.

#16 Posted by mcbean (292 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by blastaar (102 posts) - - Show Bio

The suit from Batman:Hush would be great. More dark greys and dark blues rather than all black.

#18 Edited by hal_sutton (1 posts) - - Show Bio

He should grab up all the wreckage left over from the kryptonian space ships and Clark's own rocket ship and cobble together a monster techno-battle suit as big as a transformer and just punch superman into a coma. Bat-symbols everywhere. Now that's something I've never seen before!!

#19 Edited by mcbean (292 posts) - - Show Bio

#20 Edited by batsymyplaything (279 posts) - - Show Bio

Gray overall, and Black bat logo, but the cowl should be black when there's no light reflecting upon it, but has a hue of dark blue shine, when a light is reflecting off the cowl. Also, the bat's belt should be beige or similar to that color of yellow.

How about that?!

#21 Edited by Phantim555 (229 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Smallville Batman's SupermanBuster

2. The Batman's Batbot.

Smallville Batsuit all day! Then Batbot in the final battle with Superman!

#22 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20373 posts) - - Show Bio

@phantim555: do you read smallville? it has the best Superman vs Batman fight ever in my opinion.

#23 Posted by thenexusrebound (241 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 or Arkham series would be awesome style wise. Origins wouldn't make sense since it is bulky due to being his early years. This suit should be sleek like something that has been finalized over time.

#24 Edited by RustyRoy (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

#26 Posted by _Marc_74 (162 posts) - - Show Bio

yes to this

#28 Posted by laabitres (354 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (676 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care much what the suit looks like, I just want the mask to obscure the eyes. It's always so strange seeing the human eyes sticking out of the big black rubber mask. The Arkham games did this too. Batman just looks too human when you can look him in the eyes. Seems like lenses would work better. Not contacts really, just something built into the mask to make him look less human and more fearsome.

#31 Posted by kyler416 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

How "any suit so long as Ben Affleck isn't wearing it.

#32 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6163 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkham Origins.

#33 Edited by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyler416 said:

so long as Ben Affleck isn't wearing it.

#34 Posted by Knightfall225 (1825 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want a suit that is easy to move around in

#35 Posted by TheMantisShrimp (215 posts) - - Show Bio

What about the Earth One batsuit?

#36 Posted by deathmedal (88 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by patrat18 (9065 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkham origins suit.

#38 Posted by Bloxxeh (191 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like it if it were the New 52 Suit.

#39 Edited by KryptonSabbath (73 posts) - - Show Bio

#40 Posted by BATMAN9797 (99 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 suit or Flashpoint batman suit

#41 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9622 posts) - - Show Bio

#42 Edited by slade_wilson (442 posts) - - Show Bio

NOEL!

#43 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue/gray!

#45 Edited by GravitySqueeze (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Adam West suit. Eyebrows and all.

#48 Posted by sasquatch888 (303 posts) - - Show Bio

#49 Edited by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

I retract my earlier comment,I want to see Batmankoff a.k.a Earth-30 Batman a.k.a Red Son Batman.

#50 Posted by ThomasElliot (360 posts) - - Show Bio

What about the Earth One batsuit?

I second this. Earth One is actually a pretty good amalgam of Bat-suits, and it doesn't look like spandex/latex and nor does it look impossibly bulky.

The Earth One is also somewhat similar to New 52... the more I think about it, the more I think Kevin Smith's hyperbole is probably in regards to color, which probably means the suit is mostly grey. Since MoS is pretty much teh New 52 Superman costume, it would be safe to assume that Batman is going to be a mostly grey New 52/Earth One/Batman Inc style.

I pity any fool who wants that Jean Paul Valley Knight-mare of a design.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.