Comic Book Question of the Week Results: What Do You Want Batman to Look Like In 'Batman vs. Superman?'

• 69 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (34939 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman's appearance in DC's new cinematic universe is slowly approaching. We'll finally get to see the Dark Knight and Superman share the big screen in Man of Steel's sequel in 2015, but odds are they'll reveal the character's look well before the film's release (just like they did with Superman). However, seeing as Kevin Smith has teased everyone about the batsuit Ben Affleck will wear, we can't help but speculate over what it'll look like.

This week, we provided you all with ten awesome attires Batman has worn over the years. Surprisingly enough, it wasn't a costume from a comic book that won the poll after two days of voting -- it's one from his latest video game, Batman: Arkham Origins. Take a moment or two to gaze at the glorious costume below.

It's definitely easy to see why a majority of Viners gave this version of the batsuit their vote. Yes, this is a costume Batman wore while he was still new to the scene and Man of Steel II's Batman will be experienced, yet it's still a suit which could apply to any version of the Caped Crusader. It's a practical look, offering just the right amount of armor. It's enough to protect him, yet not so much that it could hinder his movements and render him clunky. Most important of all, it looks downright awesome. Seriously, take a minute to stare at the above image again and try to tell us you honestly don't think that's a good look for Bruce.

Here's the full poll results.

Hey Viners, did Batman's look from his latest video game earn your support, and if so, why do you think it would translate well to the big screen? Or, did another costume earn your vote? Be sure to tell us which did and why. If you feel like going the extra mile, share an image or two to help justify why you think the costume is worthy of serving as inspiration for the upcoming movie.

Check the homepage next Tuesday for an all-new Question of the Week! Do you have a suggestion for a topical or superb question for the feature? Post it below it tell Gregg via Twitter.

#1 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22993 posts) - - Show Bio

to bulky. IMO.

#2 Posted by PunyParker (12603 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!!

Now i realised,Arkham City/Asylum's suit didnt get even a 1%.....

#3 Posted by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally voted for Batman Inc.'s suit.

I've always liked that outfit for some unknown reason. It seemed less dark and gritty I guess. But I could definitely see him in an Arkham Origins style of Batsuit. I wouldn't mind any of the options given though.

I'm just really looking forward to Batman + Superman on a movie. Its gonna be awesome. :)

#4 Posted by Mucklefluga (2602 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know, i don't think Affleck has miniature feet. ;D

#5 Posted by EvilPenguin543 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

That is one cool costume.

#6 Posted by MuyJingo (2182 posts) - - Show Bio

So little love for the Pre New52 Costumes.

I still say the Earth One costume, except with white eyes

#7 Posted by warpedsaint_ofthe_sun (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I like earth one with New symbol tho....

#8 Posted by warpedsaint_ofthe_sun (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess that would be the new Arkham Origins look.... My bad

#9 Posted by PunyParker (12603 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys,the Origins costume is good cause it's the most movie-like one.....and they WONT make ,in a million years, white eyes in a Batman costume,in a movie.....

#10 Posted by Xwraith (21506 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping for a DCAU-style costume (I voted for the Neal Adams costume because it was the closest thing).

#11 Posted by Vitality (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys,the Origins costume is good cause it's the most movie-like one.....and they WONT make ,in a million years, white eyes in a Batman costume,in a movie.....

The Dark Knight.

#12 Posted by MuyJingo (2182 posts) - - Show Bio

We have already had white eyes Batman in a movie...this time he just needs the white eyes for longer

There is no reason he can't have white eyes the entire time he is in the costume and wearing the cowl

#13 Edited by Wolverine08 (45649 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed.

#14 Posted by Sleepbutnodream15 (570 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it's not just cloth. If these movies are supposed to be more grounded, then armor would be ideal. Preferably non-bulky. Oh, and I'm kinda hoping they have a gray bodysuit. I wouldn't have a problem with black though.

#15 Posted by HeckTate (1426 posts) - - Show Bio

@lcazt1996: That was my vote as well. It's like a merger of the old school Batman and the dark and gritty elements that people like about the newer Batman. He's got the dark suit, but still with a bit of color to it with the yellow belt and the Bat-logo that looks almost like the iconic Bat-Signal. It's just a great, simple look for Batman.

#16 Posted by PunyParker (12603 posts) - - Show Bio

@vitality said:

@punyparker said:

The Dark Knight.

@muyjingo said:
@punyparker said:

We have already had white eyes Batman in a movie...this time he just needs the white eyes for longer

There is no reason he can't have white eyes the entire time he is in the costume and wearing the cowl

Yeah,i meant for the whole movie.I remember the scene.

#18 Posted by marvel_dc_heroes_villains (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Noel is such a gorgeous costume, but I can see why people would have reservations about it working on screen.

#19 Edited by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

@hecktate said:

@lcazt1996: That was my vote as well. It's like a merger of the old school Batman and the dark and gritty elements that people like about the newer Batman. He's got the dark suit, but still with a bit of color to it with the yellow belt and the Bat-logo that looks almost like the iconic Bat-Signal. It's just a great, simple look for Batman.

That's probably what I was thinking. It appeals to me in a very 80s + modern look.

#20 Edited by n25philly (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Clearly this should be it

#21 Edited by Captain13 (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

The right costume won!

The problem with hiding Batman's eyes is that you get less emotion from the actor on screen. You can't cgi moving white eyes to convey expression like the white eyes in the cartoon.

I am just happy we are keeping his underwear on the inside and still having him look flexible. The other Arkham costume looks too rubbery to actually allow Batman to move outside a video game.

#22 Posted by BritishMonkey (332 posts) - - Show Bio

Except that it won't look anything like that and the only reason people have chosen that suit is because it's the latest iteration of the suit so it's obvious they would choose that.

Man of Steel got it's suit closer to the New 52 suit (ish) so it seems obvious to me they'll do the same with Batman. They're seemingly going to take more inspiration from the comics in their films.

#23 Posted by RustyRoy (13968 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Wolverine08 (45649 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by RustyRoy (13968 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by TazzMission (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

i just finished runner runner and i can now say im ok with ben affleck as batman. if he can bring what he did to the bruce wayne charachter i think everyone will look at him in a new light

#27 Posted by MuyJingo (2182 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem with hiding Batman's eyes is that you get less emotion from the actor on screen. You can't cgi moving white eyes to convey expression like the white eyes in the cartoon.

Hiding the eyes is no problem. Batman doesn't need to show emotion when being Batman..that's action and intimidation time.

When the mask is off he can show emotion.

#28 Edited by THORSON (2518 posts) - - Show Bio

since batman is a metrosexual and beyond that. i think he should go with his metrosexual look.

#29 Edited by Captain13 (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo said:
@captain13 said:

Hiding the eyes is no problem. Batman doesn't need to show emotion when being Batman..that's action and intimidation time.

No, he does need to show emotion as Batman. For example, if a team mate or love interest suffers he should look emotionally pained--or if he wants to look angry or intimidating he needs to show it with his eyes. If he wants to express a feeling of safety, reassurance, or hope to a child, soft eyes help.

The white eyes have no nuance. And they are the opposite of stealthy, practical (at night), or believable (if they are streaming video constantly--takes me forever to download angry birds alone).

Even if you just gave him white contacts, it would look like he is trying too hard.

#30 Edited by Cyborg6971 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: So black skinny jeans and a cord Blazer.

#31 Edited by kennybaese (1152 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't remember which I voted for. I really like Bermejo's design. It's a good mix of practical and comic book. I think both Earth One and Inc would work well too, but mostly because I miss the yellow oval.

#32 Posted by kid Apollo (721 posts) - - Show Bio

straight up the movie is gonna have armor like the exoframe from Dark Knight Returns. mos people will be disappointed until it hits the screen, then everyones gonna love it

#33 Posted by StMichalofWilson (4112 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Noel is much more fitting

#34 Posted by iaconpoint (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

I know it's become kinda cliche but you can't really go wrong basing anything off the Arkham series. He's armored enough to take a gunshot at close range yet mobile enough to take out 20+ thugs all at once. And gadgets gadgets gadgets! Screw realism, I want a proper Batman onscreen this time!

#35 Posted by xxSadisticSmilexx (62 posts) - - Show Bio

As stated earlier when I voted, I only went with the Arkham Origins costume due to the fact I did not see an Asylum/ City one to vote for. Unless I over looked it. I'm still shocked people prefer Origins look over City. Don't get me wrong, it's a spectacular version of his costume, just the weaker of the two in my opinion.

#36 Posted by TheIronLord (94 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm fine with any Batman costume as long as it's fun and hasn't been done before. The black armor thing is ok, it's probably the way his suit would look like if Batman was real, but I want to feel the 'coolness' Batman has in comic books. The main reason I loved MoS was that its action scenes were just like in comic books; big, fast, powerful. Burton's Batman was dark, yet a little cartoonish, Nolan's dark and realistic. I hope Zack's will be just badass and cool ;) I wouldn't mind some color, like blue/gray mix, or perhaps gray and black. I want his armor to look like a superhero costume, not some extreme sports gear.

Dunno. One thing's certain though, I can't wait for the pics to surface online

#38 Edited by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk how i missed this vote but it looks like the the 2 top ones are great choices. I would be happy with either.

What the difference between the suites in the games?

#39 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

to bulky. IMO.

Completely agree. It's kind of an ugly looking design, I think. I wish the Arkham Asylum/City suit had been on the poll.

#40 Posted by AmazingWebHead (4453 posts) - - Show Bio

Why can I never find out about these things until after the polls close?

Anyway, out of all these choices, I'd go with Batman Inc. Something like what Captain America's been doing. Just as long as it's not black rubber.

#41 Edited by bones360uk (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Would love to see a Kelley jones batman on the silver screen

#42 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the Batman Arkham first one or Origins, and/or Injustice's Earth 2 Costume I liked.

#43 Edited by Mellow_Hype (72 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo: yes it is, taking the "whites" off allows the audience to vividly see the emotion that the actor exhibits in a certain scene as batman.

#44 Posted by Gotham331 (213 posts) - - Show Bio

BADASS!

#45 Posted by mtrakos (563 posts) - - Show Bio

dark knight returns

#46 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3194 posts) - - Show Bio

@muyjingo said:
@captain13 said:

No, he does need to show emotion as Batman. For example, if a team mate or love interest suffers he should look emotionally pained--or if he wants to look angry or intimidating he needs to show it with his eyes. If he wants to express a feeling of safety, reassurance, or hope to a child, soft eyes help.

The white eyes have no nuance. And they are the opposite of stealthy, practical (at night), or believable (if they are streaming video constantly--takes me forever to download angry birds alone).

Even if you just gave him white contacts, it would look like he is trying too hard.

That and if he did have the white eyes they would have to take the mask off all the time like with Spider-Man and Daredevil

#47 Posted by patrat18 (10872 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like how Wb changed the underwear look to make it look like it's part of the suite.

#48 Edited by MuyJingo (2182 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13

@mellow_hype said:

@muyjingo: yes it is, taking the "whites" off allows the audience to vividly see the emotion that the actor exhibits in a certain scene as batman.

Yeah, No.

Batman should be intimidating. This is helped by not showing emotion.

If emotion needs to be showed, it still can be through body language. See V for Vendetta.

Most emotion should be shoed in playboy mode, and brooding alone in the Batcave.

Look at comics...Batman in costume out in the city...not so much emotion...not in a way that is hampered by white eyes.

#50 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2216 posts) - - Show Bio

to bulky. IMO.

It could be slimmed down quite a bit. They should just follow the general design.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.