Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23630 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Christian Bale was the worst possible choice for Batman

• 123 results
    The_Arsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anyone here agree? I like everyone have been blown away by the few clips and trailers we've seen of Batfleck. The most pleasing thing is how EVERYONE is pretty much on board, espcially when you look at the comments in the recent YouTube clip of Ben Affleck. Even though TDK trilogy was a success, no one cared for Bale himself. The recent images and clips of Ben Affleck make me wish he had been cast for Nolan's trilogy and not Christian Bale. Imagine if Affleck shared scenes with Heath Ledger (RIP), it would've been far better than Bale and Ledger. Bale brought nothing of value to the table at all.

Oh and the amount of weight Affleck put on puts Bale to shame. Bale was pretty big in Batman Begins but he became horribly lazy for the sequels. Bale was just poor.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disagree. He is the best live action Batman imo

The_Arsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linsanel_doctor: Nope, that honor had already belonged to Michael Keaton. The votes that Bale got was because of his involvment with Nolan's trilogy, not because people liked Bale. Heck purist Batman fans like myself have more respect for Adam West than whatever the hell Bale tried to do.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are definitely in the minority here. Bale was awesome. He put his all into that role, gaining like 100 pounds of weight in only a few months right after becoming emaciated for his role in the Machinist. He nailed the gritty fight scenes, worked wonderfully with all of his cast members, even Katie Holmes who is generally seen as bad, and played an amazing, believable Bruce Wayne. "Purist" batman fans, whatever that is, do not all agree with you.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Oh look "purist" fans. Ben needs to stop wearing a padded out potato sack for me to be fully on board with him.

Avatar image for symbiotepsychopath
    SymbiotePsychopath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting.I think Bale is a great actor and that he did an overall great job with Batman.The only nagging problem I had with those movies is his voice as Batman;It was just too over the top imo.

While I don't really like the idea of Affleck playing Bats,I like the new look and the voice of Bats heard in the previews for the movie are more natural.I'm also in the crowd that grew up with Keaton Batman so I like the new "old school" costume design/voice shown by Affleck.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#7  Edited By The Impersonator

What are you talking about? Bale is an awesome actor, and played well as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Someone needs to bail you out.

panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keaton is my favorite , but Ben Affleck looks like he will best the best Batman.

The_Arsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

You are definitely in the minority here. Bale was awesome. He put his all into that role, gaining like 100 pounds of weight in only a few months right after becoming emaciated for his role in the Machinist. He nailed the gritty fight scenes, worked wonderfully with all of his cast members, even Katie Holmes who is generally seen as bad, and played an amazing, believable Bruce Wayne. "Purist" batman fans, whatever that is, do not all agree with you.

He may have put in the effort in the first movie (though even here he was eclipsed by Keaton) but he was terrible in the sequels. Everyone mocked him for years for his god awful voice.

Oh look "purist" fans. Ben needs to stop wearing a padded out potato sack for me to be fully on board with him.

Ben Affleck even without the suit looks a million times bigger than Bale ever did, even when he was at his biggest during Batman Begins. That's just a fact. And Affleck's suit is far more comic accurate than Bale's armoured suit.

What are you talking about? Bale is an awesome actor, and played well as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Someone needs to bail you out.

I don't care if he's a good actor or not, I don't care if he's an Oscar winner. He was a terrible Batman, period.

Keaton is my favorite , but Ben Affleck looks like he will best the best Batman.

For sure.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thearsenal: Whatever,Nolan movies are a thing of the past so what's the point of this thread again? you can keep the size and the supposedly accurate suit,I'll go with the one that wasn't the result of Zack Snyder's vision.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bale was a good Bruce and again is a dedicated and very serious actor. His Batman needed work, but you figure there's a lot of talent in the other cast that overshadows him. I personally prefer Gordon over Bats, and of course with TDK Heath stole the show. I guess it depends

The_Arsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thearsenal: Whatever,Nolan movies are a thing of the past so what's the point of this thread again? you can keep the size and the supposedly accurate suit,I'll go with the one that wasn't the result of Zack Snyder's vision.

I'm no Snyder fanboy but at least he's giving us the Batman that true Batman fans have been craving for. Bale was terribe casting. Nolan should gone for Jake Gyllenhaal was also rumored at the time.

Bale was a good Bruce and again is a dedicated and very serious actor. His Batman needed work, but you figure there's a lot of talent in the other cast that overshadows him. I personally prefer Gordon over Bats, and of course with TDK Heath stole the show. I guess it depends

Loading Video...

His Batman was a joke. Of course everyone stole the show from him. I bet Nolan himself regrets casting him. By the way Ben Affleck displays much better acting in this one clip than Bale ever did in his entire run as 'Batman' in Nolan's trilogy:

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thearsenal: Nolan regrets casting him? I doubt it. You seem to seriously have a hatred for Bale and a wank for Affleck. You forget Bale has been in hours worth of footage, Affleck has less than 1 minute of dialogue shown. Bale had good scenes as Batman, some were subpar, but to say he was terrible? No, I don't think even Nolan would say that.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

THere was no good Batman before Bale. Keaton sucked and so did the rest.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@dernman: Keaton didn't suck =P.

He was the best.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dernman

@lxlgiftedlxl said:

He was the best.

He was one of the worst. Tee director is the one who made the movie good and not make it the laughing stock for having such a terrible week geriatric Batman. LOL

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

@dernman said:
    @lxlgiftedlxl said:

He was the best.

He was one of the worst. Tee director is the one who made the movie good and not make it the laughing stock for having such a terrible week geriatric Batman. LOL

Well to each his own.

I don't think he was terrible. He did capture a good Batman.

What did Bale do right that you liked?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
    @lxlgiftedlxl said:

He was the best.

Well to each his own.

What didn't he do right? Only shortcomings was mostly directorial. The voice wasn't nearly as bad as people say but even then it was the directors decision to go that way. He's a great actor, good look, good vibe. Which is more than Keaton.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
    @lxlgiftedlxl said:
    @dernman said:
    @lxlgiftedlxl said:

He was the best.

Well to each his own.

What didn't he do right? Only shortcomings was mostly directorial. The voice wasn't nearly as bad as people say but even then it was the directors decision to go that way. He's a great actor, good look, good vibe. Which is more than Keaton.

Cool thanks for sharing your thoughts, you make some great points.

Although I still like Keaton.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

So far I disagree. But I haven't actually seen Batfleck outside of a few clips... bat-voice is equally silly though.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
    IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Bale did great as Bruce/Bats. The biggest complaints that one could legitimately make are the voice and the fight choreography (which he couldn't affect anyway).
    2. While I admit the trailers have made me a believer in Affleck, to just dismiss Bale and say Ben is "the Batman that true Batman fans have been craving for" is a real stretch right now. Personally, the Batman I've been "craving" is a Batman that can fight like the comic counterpart, which as of now I don't think I'm gonna get with Ben.
    3. Part of the reason Affleck looks bigger than Bale is because he's 4 inches taller. Apart from that, the suit itself is already padded whereas the Nolan suit was going for a more streamlined appearance. Seriously, the new suit has its own musculature:
    Him with the suit on...
    Him with the suit on...
    And the Batsuit by itself.

Avatar image for thecapeddetective
    TheCapedDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

He's a brilliant actor and did his part nicely. Problem was with the character. He wasn't that badass. Nolan wanted his Batman to be realistic but skipped off Batman's most realistic feature, his detective skills.

The_Arsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Bale did great as Bruce/Bats. The biggest complaints that one could legitimately make are the voice and the fight choreography (which he couldn't affect anyway).
    2. While I admit the trailers have made me a believer in Affleck, to just dismiss Bale and say Ben is "the Batman that true Batman fans have been craving for" is a real stretch right now. Personally, the Batman I've been "craving" is a Batman that can fight like the comic counterpart, which as of now I don't think I'm gonna get with Ben.
    3. Part of the reason Affleck looks bigger than Bale is because he's 4 inches taller. Apart from that, the suit itself is already padded whereas the Nolan suit was going for a more streamlined appearance. Seriously, the new suit has its own musculature:
    Him with the suit on...
    Him with the suit on...

This was Ben Affleck without the Batsuit or any costuming when filming:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This top pic was measly ass Christian Bale without the suit in The Dark Knight. OK so that's not the best pic (I can't find a better one. Maybe Bale was embarrassed not to show how weak he looked for the cameras, hence why we saw so few shots of his physique in the latter two movies lol!). But you can see in this bottom pic how skinny Bale is especially with this ridiculously slim Batsuit from Dark Knight. Affleck chews up Bale and spat him back out. Bale doesn't look threatening, not one bit.

He's a brilliant actor and did his part nicely. Problem was with the character. He wasn't that badass. Nolan wanted his Batman to be realistic but skipped off Batman's most realistic feature, his detective skills.

But that should be the actors job to demand that whatever character he's playing is allowed the correct characterization. He should've said to Nolan to tell his writers that there needs to be more detective work. But he didn't. It's more on Bale than the director to sort the characterization out. Even Michael Keaton had more detective work than Bale. Bale can talk all he wants about a supposedly 'realistic' Batman but his Batman was a skinny, often whiny bitch.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

I disagree. I think Bale was a great choice for Nolan's Batman films.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By entropy_aegis

@thearsenal: You have a serious Bale hate boner. I guess you're not aware of Bale's transformation from his Machinist physique to Begins physique.

Still I've liked Affleck as Bruce Wayne a lot,his Batman however suffers from Snyderissms.For one none of his promotional pictures have been good,compared to Supes and Diana he...just looks crap tbh.

Secondly the voice modulator is silly and takes away an important aspect of Batman. That's a point against Snyder and Affleck,they just removed an essential Batman trait and effectively gave the actor one less thing to work with.

Finally those fake muscles may well end up becoming the new fake nipples of Schumacher fame. Snyder may have noble intentions but so did Schumacher. Joel intended for Batman to look like an imposing Titan,a Greek God and we all know how that turned out. Those fake abs HAVE TO GO,it just looks silly. Seriously it has a BELLY BUTTON for Gods sake, typical Zack and then his fans wonder why people dont take him seriously.

Your pictures prove nothing,Affleck's physique has not been made out to be a selling point for his performance. For Cavill,Bale,Jackman,Hemsworth and Evans, the material made a big deal out of it. I'm 90% certain Affleck's physique will be serviceable and nothing to write about.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thearsenal: All you're basically saying is that his voice sucked and he is smaller than Ben. That's odd of you to do considering Bale is bigger than all of the other batman's besides Ben, so why don't you hate them too? And Ben uses a voice changer too, so why don't you hate him too? You really don't have any good arguments.

Also, Bale got bigger than he was seen in the movies but Nolan told him to lose weight because he was too muscular, so if anything blame Nolan but like I said before you make no sense because all of the previous Batman were much less muscular than Bale.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: He was 240 lbs when Nolan told him to cut it down.

The_Arsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thearsenal: You have a serious Bale hate boner. I guess you're not aware of Bale's transformation from his Machinist physique to Begins physique.

Still I've liked Affleck as Bruce Wayne a lot,his Batman however suffers from Snyderissms.For one none of his promotional pictures have been good,compared to Supes and Diana he...just looks crap tbh.

Secondly the voice modulator is silly and takes away an important aspect of Batman. That's a point against Snyder and Affleck,they just removed an essential Batman trait and effectively gave the actor one less thing to work with.

Finally those fake muscles may well end up becoming the new fake nipples of Schumacher fame. Snyder may have noble intentions but so did Schumacher. Joel intended for Batman to look like an imposing Titan,a Greek God and we all know how that turned out. Those fake abs HAVE TO GO,it just looks silly. Seriously it has a BELLY BUTTON for Gods sake, typical Zack and then his fans wonder why people dont take him seriously.

Your pictures prove nothing,Affleck's physique has not been made out to be a selling point for his performance. For Cavill,Bale,Jackman,Hemsworth and Evans, the material made a big deal out of it. I'm 90% certain Affleck's physique will be serviceable and nothing to write about.

Nothing to write home about? LOL, OK then. Is that why he looks even bigger than Henry Cavill. Stop deluding yourself from that fact. Batfleck's physique is EVERYTHING. Have you not seen the recent trailers and TV Spots, especially of a clip of a huge shirtless Affleck that looks like he's eaten up Bale lol! And by the way Batfleck has been by FAR the most praised aspect of all the promotional stuff from Batman v Superman so far. No one really cared for Bale, partly because he became lazy for the sequels and downright terrible.

@jayc1324 said:

@thearsenal: All you're basically saying is that his voice sucked and he is smaller than Ben. That's odd of you to do considering Bale is bigger than all of the other batman's besides Ben, so why don't you hate them too? And Ben uses a voice changer too, so why don't you hate him too? You really don't have any good arguments.

Also, Bale got bigger than he was seen in the movies but Nolan told him to lose weight because he was too muscular, so if anything blame Nolan but like I said before you make no sense because all of the previous Batman were much less muscular than Bale.

Bale didn't use a voice changer actually. He thought it was a good idea to sound like a bloody retard with his throat cancer infested voice lol! Affleck has learned from Bale's terrible mistake and has a voice modulator. He sounds a million times better than Bale ever did. Nolan only told him to slim down for the first movie. However he ridiculously slimmed down to a pathetic level for the sequels and there's no evidence to suggest that Nolan asked him to look so gaunt and weak.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thearsenal: They did indeed change bales voice after he spoke. That wasn't his decision as far as I know. And like I said Ben's voice is modified as well, the only difference is you don't like Bale's which isn't a good reason to say he's a bad batman.

I wouldn't call Bale's size pathetic at all. He had a realistic amount of muscle and he was much bigger than any other previous batmans so why don't you hate them too? You still haven't answered that. You just want to hate Bale for his voice and size when Ben uses a modified voice as well and Bale was bigger than all other previous batmans in terms of muscles

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No he was brilliant in Batman Begins. Went over the top with the voice in the second and by the way, no way in hell Ben Affleck could ever act in any role better than Bale. Bale is just a superior talent, he just went overboard with the voice in TDK And TDKR.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

Nothing to write home about? LOL, OK then. Is that why he looks even bigger than Henry Cavill. Stop deluding yourself from that fact. Batfleck's physique is EVERYTHING. Have you not seen the recent trailers and TV Spots, especially of a clip of a huge shirtless Affleck that looks like he's eaten up Bale lol! And by the way Batfleck has been by FAR the most praised aspect of all the promotional stuff from Batman v Superman so far. No one really cared for Bale, partly because he became lazy for the sequels and downright terrible.

@jayc1324 said:

Bale didn't use a voice changer actually. He thought it was a good idea to sound like a bloody retard with his throat cancer infested voice lol! Affleck has learned from Bale's terrible mistake and has a voice modulator. He sounds a million times better than Bale ever did. Nolan only told him to slim down for the first movie. However he ridiculously slimmed down to a pathetic level for the sequels and there's no evidence to suggest that Nolan asked him to look so gaunt and weak.

Nolan's the director. If he had a problem with the way Bale looked he would've told him to bulk up again and had him go on a diet regimine specifically for that purpose, just like he did for the first film. This is pretty much common sense and happens in films all the time. This isn't even the first film that Bale's done it for a film. So blaming Bale for being skinny when the director told him to slim down makes pretty much zero sense. Same with the voice. Nolan has then gone on record stating that the change that Bale made to his voice for the film is part of what chose him to pick Bale for the role. So while you might not like the voice, Nolan disagrees with you and it's what he wanted for the film. Acting as if these are all choices Bale made with no input from anyone else is silly and just constantly comes off as you hating on Bale. Furthermore, there's something called post-production tinkering which was further used to alter Bale's voice after the fact, which also had Nolan as a direct part of it.

Your logic doesn't even make sense and again just borders on hate for Bale. "The votes that Bale got was because of his involvment with Nolan's trilogy, not because people liked Bale". And you know this of course because you've talked to every single person that watched the movie and know what they like or don't like about the film? LOL amazing.

"Heck purist Batman fans like myself have more respect for Adam West than whatever the hell Bale tried to do."

Ah the typical arrogance. "purist" Batman fans are those that dislike Bale and of course since that includes you you're one of said fans lol make a better argument in the future.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dernman

Him with the suit on...
    Him with the suit on...

OMG how could I not notice that. LOL

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
    deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll never understand how all these people can say Affleck is the best Batman we've ever had.....based off a couple of screenshots and trailers.

Also, Bale was the best live-action Batman ever. Period.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
    deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thearsenal said:

@linsanel_doctor: Nope, that honor had already belonged to Michael Keaton. The votes that Bale got was because of his involvment with Nolan's trilogy, not because people liked Bale. Heck purist Batman fans like myself have more respect for Adam West than whatever the hell Bale tried to do.

Keaton had nothing to work with, and it shows because his Bruce Wayne/Batman was a nothing character. Just because you share a different opinion, you can't just put words into other people's mouths. People liked Bale as Batman, even "purist Batman fans like yourself".

But that should be the actors job to demand that whatever character he's playing is allowed the correct characterization. He should've said to Nolan to tell his writers that there needs to be more detective work. But he didn't. It's more on Bale than the director to sort the characterization out. Even Michael Keaton had more detective work than Bale. Bale can talk all he wants about a supposedly 'realistic' Batman but his Batman was a skinny, often whiny bitch.

Lol. No. Sit down and take a breather. You're out of your mind. You really think Bale's obligated to do any of what some rabid fan wants him to do? You think Keaton's Batman did detective work? Watching television is detective work? You have not watched those awful Burton movies recently, have you?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thearsenal: Bale not using a voice changer makes his performance better. The second voice is an essential Batman trait,anyone can use a modulator. So Affleck's Batman now has one less unique thing about him as a character and as an actor has one less thing to worry about.

Bat flecks physique is serviceable,he's big because he was born big,nothing to do with his muscles. Bale is known for physical transformations, Affleck is NOT. If his body was a selling point Snyder would have marketed the shit out of it.

The promo material shows a good Bruce Wayne,his Batman is still being met with scepticism or are you now ignoring the "fatman" meme.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
    IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Lol. I know. I literally didn't notice it until a day ago. I won't take away from Affleck getting in better shape for the role, but the suit does a lot of the work for him.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cavill chews either or Batmen and spits them out....with his pecks.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bale fit the bill as the perfect Bruce Wayne and these were comic book movies, there wasn't much scope for him to show his acting...I really liked his suit and even his voice(Judging how in other comic book movies, everyone found out their secret identities) which was way more scarier than a normal human voice(Which was used to scar the thugs in the movie and not the audience watching it) Ben doesn't look anything like Bruce or Bats(His suit has too much muscle and makes him look like a mindless punk on steroids..)

So, currently Bale> Ben

After movie releases, we will decide if it sticks or not..

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ganon15

Ben doesn't look anything like Bruce or Bats(His suit has too much muscle and makes him look like a mindless punk on steroids..)

So, currently Bale> Ben

No Caption Provided

Are you crazy, mate?? Ben's suit looks like it was taken straight out of the comics compared to Bale's!

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Slayz

Er... No. Bale was phenomenal as both Bruce and Batman. Affleck looks to be great too.

I think they both have their pros and cons, which in the end will make them equal for me.

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15 said:
    @abdullahzubair said:

Ben doesn't look anything like Bruce or Bats(His suit has too much muscle and makes him look like a mindless punk on steroids..)

So, currently Bale> Ben

No Caption Provided

Are you crazy, mate?? Ben's suit looks like it was taken straight out of the comics compared to Bale's!

He looks more like a foam filled stuff toy than a superhero..He is supposed to be agile and stealthy and this suit doesn't provide that...And Ben doesn't have that much muscle so it is kind of like an armor...Like I said, we will decide after the "movie"...

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Affleck will deliver what us fans have always wanted but as an actor I dont think he'll do anything that has Bale look and say"oh damn I should've done that"

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the only problem I had with bale is his voice and the fact he looks nothing like a bruce wayne , great acting but the voice made me cring a lot

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Affleck's suit and the build in general looks like Dark Knight Returns Bruce, which is what they're going for near as I can tell so you know

No Caption Provided

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By zaied

Christian Bale was a great Batman, and is by far the best live-action Batman right now. The Nolan Batman as a whole is one of the better and more compelling versions of the character IMO.

Affleck may be better for sure, but it won't diminish Bale's performance in any way.

The_Arsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nolan's the director. If he had a problem with the way Bale looked he would've told him to bulk up again and had him go on a diet regimine specifically for that purpose, just like he did for the first film. This is pretty much common sense and happens in films all the time. This isn't even the first film that Bale's done it for a film. So blaming Bale for being skinny when the director told him to slim down makes pretty much zero sense. Same with the voice. Nolan has then gone on record stating that the change that Bale made to his voice for the film is part of what chose him to pick Bale for the role. So while you might not like the voice, Nolan disagrees with you and it's what he wanted for the film. Acting as if these are all choices Bale made with no input from anyone else is silly and just constantly comes off as you hating on Bale. Furthermore, there's something called post-production tinkering which was further used to alter Bale's voice after the fact, which also had Nolan as a direct part of it.

Your logic doesn't even make sense and again just borders on hate for Bale. "The votes that Bale got was because of his involvment with Nolan's trilogy, not because people liked Bale". And you know this of course because you've talked to every single person that watched the movie and know what they like or don't like about the film? LOL amazing.

"Heck purist Batman fans like myself have more respect for Adam West than whatever the hell Bale tried to do."

Ah the typical arrogance. "purist" Batman fans are those that dislike Bale and of course since that includes you you're one of said fans lol make a better argument in the future.

I've talked to many, many people over the years including fans of TDK trilogy. I myself am a fan of what Nolan did overall. Bale didn't do the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman justice at all. He was terrible in a great trilogy. The fact that Bale had to audition for the role says it all unlike Ben Affleck who was the ONLY actor Warner Bros approaced for Batman v Superman.

I'll never understand how all these people can say Affleck is the best Batman we've ever had.....based off a couple of screenshots and trailers.

Also, Bale was the best live-action Batman ever. Period.

Nope, that honour goes to Keaton by far at the moment. Bale was a retarded imitation of Keaton. Bale is joint worst with Clooney as worst Batman ever. Bale gets to hide behind a great trilogy but he himself was rubbish. Affleck will be much better than Bale. Anyone who's a long time fan of the comics can testify to this.

Keaton had nothing to work with, and it shows because his Bruce Wayne/Batman was a nothing character. Just because you share a different opinion, you can't just put words into other people's mouths. People liked Bale as Batman, even "purist Batman fans like yourself".

Lol. No. Sit down and take a breather. You're out of your mind. You really think Bale's obligated to do any of what some rabid fan wants him to do? You think Keaton's Batman did detective work? Watching television is detective work? You have not watched those awful Burton movies recently, have you?

Keaton didn't have anywhere near as much as Bale to work with and he STILL BEAT BALE. Your point that Bale had more material says it all. The fact that he had more material doesn't mean that he did the material justice. I'm not a massive lover of the Tim Burton movies but Michael Keaton is by far and away the best thing about them. It's the polar opposite for Bale. And yes, he did more work in his two movies than Bale did in an entire trilogy. All Bale did was shout and get angry then proper detective work.

@thearsenal: Bale not using a voice changer makes his performance better. The second voice is an essential Batman trait,anyone can use a modulator. So Affleck's Batman now has one less unique thing about him as a character and as an actor has one less thing to worry about.

Bat flecks physique is serviceable,he's big because he was born big,nothing to do with his muscles. Bale is known for physical transformations, Affleck is NOT. If his body was a selling point Snyder would have marketed the shit out of it.

The promo material shows a good Bruce Wayne,his Batman is still being met with scepticism or are you now ignoring the "fatman" meme.

Affleck's body speaks for itself, he fills out that Batsuit which is a lot thinner than Bale's armour. As for this Fatman meme, if that existed, well it's disappeared. Look at 99% of the comments in that video of Affleck I linked above. They're nothing but EXTREMELY POSITIVE about Affleck's casting. The best thing is that the initial haters who moaned about his casting are APOLOGIZING and saying he'll be the best Batman ever. Says it all really that even though we've seen just a few clips and trailers for Affleck, people already regard him as better than throat cancer Bale.

Cavill chews either or Batmen and spits them out....with his pecks.

Batfleck is just as big as Cavill. Oh and Cavill sucks as an actor. Everyone is rooting for Batfleck rather than Superman.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
    deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thearsenal: My point wasn't that Bale had more material. You don't read. My point was Keaton was never given enough material to do anything with the character. Keaton's Batman was barely a character. No defining character traits, no real motivation, and oddly inconsistent. There was nothing to like or dislike about Keaton's performance. Well, the "let's get nuts" scene is awful.

Bale brought a lot to his role as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Whether you like what Bale did with the role or not, is up to you.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He wasn't a good Batma IMO. The Nolan movies aren't great Batman films. But I mean he only has to go up against the Keaton movies so from a live action standpoint, he hardly has any competition. Nerds will always whine on either side though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.