Christian Bale: The Dark Knight fourth film?

#1 Edited by TheTimShow (78 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't it be cool if it was possible after the closing of the series with The Dark Knight Rises to make a fourth movie about 15 years from now? Christian Bale could get back into the cape and cowl for a movie title "The Dark Knight Returns" and it could feature a plot BASED on the happenings of Frank Miller's story minus Two Face and Robin. I think it would be interesting to have a 55 year old Batman in the movie, choosing to once again fight crime and come out of retirement when Gotham is in dire need. Harrison Ford came back for a fourth Indiana Jones film, why could Christian Bale? I'll leave it at that.

#2 Edited by _Zombie_ (10462 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolan himself said he's done. So no, it wouldn't be.

#3 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolan is laughing right now. Wouldn't Batman be like 60? I could just imagine him with a walker.

#4 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#5 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4786 posts) - - Show Bio

Christian Bale's smoker voice at fifty? God no.

#6 Posted by ProfessorMario (21 posts) - - Show Bio

No, like all of the above. Besides, if there's going to be a future Batman story on screen, it should be Batman Beyond, hands down.

#7 Posted by TheAntiReVamp (389 posts) - - Show Bio

There already making an animated movie based off it.

#8 Posted by Tyler Starke (4410 posts) - - Show Bio

I THINK it would be cool

#9 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12083 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolan said he wouldnt make the third one and made it.

Also he said if there is a story he likes he will direct the movie, but to be honest, at this point it would be in the future like in 15 years or something like that.

At this point he is pretty much done.

Also, as much as people loves The Dark Knight Returns i dont think it would make an awesome movie, people forget his weak points and the fact that if has Bale as Batman it would need Heath as the Joker, since there is no way to bring back dead people, there is no way to make the movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.