Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Characters I want to see in Gotham TV show

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By Knightfall225

I assume that the Gotham TV show will use a mix of well known characters and lesser known so this list will follow that structure. The television show is set in a Pre-Batman Gotham so villains like the Joker most likely won't be around just yet.

No Caption Provided

The first character I want to see is pretty obvious. Jim Gordon is said to be the main character in the TV show so of course he has to be in it. Jim will start off as a cop working for the GCPD. Jim is one of the only honest cops in the GCPD and even once took down one of his cop allies for breaking the law.

No Caption Provided

Another character I want is the district attorney turned villain , Harvey Dent AKA Two-Face. Harvey was the youngest district attorney ever to serve Gotham City. He forged an alliance with Jim Gordon and the GCPD in order to get rid of the the Falcone crime family. The TV show could lead to Harvey becoming disfigured and becoming the Villain Two-Face and Jim having to deal with one of his best friends turning against him.

No Caption Provided

Penguin should definitely be in the Gotham TV show. having him in the show wold also include his famous IceBerg Lounge in Gotham City.Penguin has been involved in several criminal enterprises, from being an illegal boxing promoter, and a prominent criminal on the Gotham black market. In the TV show I hope Penguin starts off by selling weapons and providing other such services to Gotham's underworld rather than dealing with things hands on.

No Caption Provided

Another Big Time character who needs to be apart of the show is The Spectre. In 1940, Jim Corrigan , a New York City cop was attacked by mobsters. Jim was shoved into a barrel filled with cement where he was then thrown into the river, where he later choked on liquid cement and died. God decided to have Corrigan merge with the Spectre entity and become the newest incarnation of the Spirit of Vengeance. In the TV show maybe Jim Corrigan can join the GCPD as a detective who secretly kills the people who get away with murder (watch the Spectre short video on YouTube if you haven't seen it yet).

No Caption Provided

A gang of Gotham criminals who rotate men under the guise of their leader in order to help protect the identity of the gang's true leaders if a job goes wrong. The Joker was said to be the leader of the Red Hood Gang in the comics so it would be great to see him before he was Joker on Television.

No Caption Provided

The next couple of villains I want to see in the TV show will add a more sinister tone. Victor Zsasz would make a perfect serial killer in the show. He would give the GCPD a good case. As if his secret random phone calls aren't enough to scare people, his scars all over his body will. Victor was once the head of his own international company and had amassed a large personal fortune in addition to his family's wealth. His parents died in a boating accident, sending him into a deep depression. He then turned to gambling. One night, he ended up in Iceberg Lounge, where he gambled everything he owned and ended up losing it all to the Penguin. His origin would make a good connection to Penguin and the Iceberg Lounge. He would definitely be a fan favorite.

No Caption Provided

Arnold Wesker, the ventriloquist, is an especially interesting villain because many do not actually see him as one, but a victim of his dummy, Scarface. Wesker is simply a regular man who suffers from a realistic disorder and uses a dummy to personify it. He himself truly believes that Scarface is alive as his multiple personalities make it impossible for him to distinguish what is truly happening. Wesker believes that Scarface is telling him what to do and is the brains behind his killings. The Ventriloquist would make an interesting villain for the GCPD to investigate and scare the sh-t out of viewers.

No Caption Provided

The Question should also have a part in the TV show. He shouldn't be apart of the GCPD but instead wok by himself. He would leave clues for the GCPD to help them on some of their cases. DC may even go all out and make the Question Renee Montoya so she could be apart of the GCPD but secretly be the Question. Anything is possible.

No Caption Provided

I really really want to see the Riddler in this show!! I don't care if he is the man pulling the strings or the main villain. I just want him to drive the GCPD crazy. Hopefully if they use him in the TV series he can still be used in the solo Batman movies. I want to see the Riddler finally done right for once. I want a dark and crazy sadistic Riddler. So far only the Arkham games have done him right.

Well these are the characters I want to be in the new TV show. I may make a blog about the people I want to play them but that's only if someone actually wants to read it lol. Comment your thoughts or my list of characters and your list of characters below if you want to.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

The Falcone Family

Calendar Man

Mad Hatter

Oswald Cobblepot

Lock-Up

Victor Zsasz

Dr. Simon Hurt

Crime Doctor

Sal Maroni

Firefly

Grendel

The Calculator

The Ventriloquist

Anarky

Deadshot

Killer Croc

Rupert Thorne

Killer Moth

Roland Daggett

Tommy Monaghan

Professor Pyg

Electrocutioner

Onomatopoeia

The Condiment King

Crazy Steve

No Joker please, he is great, he is the biggest enemy of Batman so Joker without Batman, is a pointless idea, also if one villain could lack an origin is The Joker.

Beside Batman has more villains that The Joker, i love the guy too, but i get bored that he gets all the spolight, to be honest i dont want to see him anymore in at least 6 to 8 years.

The show should try to give the spotlight to other villains and made them bigger.

Also The Riddler should be out of screen, you know se is so smart they cant see him and then use him in the movies

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I would add Calendar man to your list also maybe Professor Pyg but otherwise great list :)

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

I'd love it if Anarky was in the show, since he is the type of character who is strongly opposed to the corrupt GCPD and will resort to less than sane efforts to combat them.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RDClip

I'd keep the more fantasical characters out of the show, it would work better if it was very down to earth. Other than the standard GCPD characters, the Question would work as a mysterious detective who feeds the cops tips. Harvey Dent would be a nice addition. Have him start not as the DA, but someone lower on the ladder just as Gordon is not yet the Commish. They should never pull the trigger on the Two-Face transformation, but hint at a darker nature under the surface like they did in B: TAS.

As for villains, they should avoid any of the very well-known Batvillain. Since Bats probably won't be on the show, if the cops can take down the Riddler or Penguin, they would look weaker if they face Batman in a movie. They should stick to mob guys or non-costumed serial killers like Zsasz. Maybe have Scarecrow before he got the mask.

A member of Wayne Enterprises would be interesting as well. Maybe Lucius Fox or some other executive would be a good ambassador to the GCPD.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love everyones ideas so far i would add... Stick to Year One just minus the Batman. Year One is THE jim gordon story. it needs Flass as season one antagonist, Harvey Bullock and Renee Montoya (not as The Question) let her become The Question in the second or third season. Like the pengiun iceburg lounge stuff. Like Riddler too but keep him more like a kinda sorta villian not full blown. The Five Crime Familes and Gotham Founding Familes ala "Gates of Gotham" would be good. other villians that should be included: Hugo Strange, Black Mask, Firefly Deathstroke... Selena Kyle(Catwoman in season 2) Harleen Quinziel (Harley Quinn Season 3) Victor Fries.

Season 1 finale should hint in very quick flash shot at The Batman

Season 2 finale should hint in very quick flash shot at The Joker

Season 3 not bout finale moment here maybe harley quinn dont know if thats enough juice somebody help me out there maybe introduce the substance of venom

Season 4 Do The Long Halloween for most of the season

Season 5 and beyond... evolving robins and nightwing, jason todd red hood, Knightfall, League of Shadows/Assassins, No man's land

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cuddlebear: well it all depends on how many viewers the first season gets

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By acer51

Bruce waynes dad.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acer51: joe chill too for that matter

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Zsasz for me.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By russellmania77

i wanna see dick

Syndikate333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wrath!

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this show will suck so hard

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterdetective: the show will only suck if the villains are only mobsters but if they mix in serial killers like mr. Pyg or Zsasz it may be interesting.... Keep in mind cop shows are doing great on TV ratings and views right now

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conradoaccorsi: well i hope they atleast include penguin with the mobsters

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.