Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Can you still buy all issues of the new 52?

ScottiePippen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ScottiePippen

What the title says. I want to start reading new 52 Batman, Batgirl, and possibly Catwoman and Batman and Robin. Is there anywhere online I can buy these? Since my local comic book shop closed down I don't have one within a 45 minute drive . So I'm trying to pick up the new 52 Batman issues 1-13. If their anyway to do this online or at a store even or do the issues sell out and then that's it you can only get the ones floating around in the world... If so what's a reasonable price to pay for the whole series so far (1-13, #0) off somebody. If you can help thanks!

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Cap10nate

@ScottiePippen: If you want hard copies,then I think eBay would be your best bet.Just make sure you purchase from sellers who have high satisfaction ratings. There can be any number of people selling the books that you want at any time so it is just finding the ones you want for the right price.

If you aren't opposed to it, you could purchase digitally through Comixology and read them on your computer or smart phone/tablet. This is what I prefer to do. The only books I really try to purchase in gard copy are the ones that hace intricate panel set up like Swamp Thing or Winter Soldier. Plus they always have sales going on for Marvel DC Image etc. Right now a bunch of DC #1s are on sale for $0.99 and all of the Walking Dead TPBs are half off. I really like it since I can take it all with me everywhere and don't have books piling up all over the place.

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Duke_Nasty

I'd order the trades off amazon.

ScottiePippen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ScottiePippen

I don't want digital comics. I was think about buying the trade and then just starting to collect the issues starting with #13 but if I were to find someone selling 1-13 #0 and #0 Talon what would you say would be a reasonable price for that?

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
    G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By G_Money_Christmas

ebay or

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com

My local comic shop has a few of the Batmans for sale. I've seen Batman # 1 go for $20 to $50, depending on the condition, but they sell most of the others for lke $4.50

JoeEddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JoeEddie

@ScottiePippen:

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Vol-The-Court-Owls/dp/1401235417

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Vol-City-Owls-New/dp/1401237770/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1350254154&sr=1-1&keywords=court+of+owls+vol.+2

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Stormbox

Yea you can buy the first tpbs and get the other issues in your local comic book shop

RLJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RLJoker

You may have the most success off of EBAY if you do not want the trade volume's.

On EBAY Batman 1-12 with all variant covers went for $140 which could be a good deal of you are looking to collect.

If you are just looking to read then grab the trade and fill in with issues.

This site seems to have everything past the trade for cover value

http://www.mycomicshop.com/

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By reignmaker

@Cap10nate said:

@ScottiePippen: If you want hard copies,then I think eBay would be your best bet.Just make sure you purchase from sellers who have high satisfaction ratings. There can be any number of people selling the books that you want at any time so it is just finding the ones you want for the right price.

If you aren't opposed to it, you could purchase digitally through Comixology and read them on your computer or smart phone/tablet. This is what I prefer to do. The only books I really try to purchase in gard copy are the ones that hace intricate panel set up like Swamp Thing or Winter Soldier. Plus they always have sales going on for Marvel DC Image etc. Right now a bunch of DC #1s are on sale for $0.99 and all of the Walking Dead TPBs are half off. I really like it since I can take it all with me everywhere and don't have books piling up all over the place.

Comixology is the only reason I'm still reading comics. If you're one of those people who can regularly visit the comic shop though, I can see why you still would.

mpierce2690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mpierce2690

If you can't get your books off Midtown Comics (they're by far the best value online), I'd check out eBay. But make sure you compare prices because a lot of the times you can get them on Midtown for cheaper, but they don't have the very first issues. At least not for most of the books. If you go to eBay, make sure they're bagging and boarding them and calling them Near Mint though.

ScottiePippen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ScottiePippen

thanks ya'll. ended up snagging 0-12 an extra #2 varriant and nightwing #8&9 and birds of prey 9 in a lot for $70. I've seen lots go for up to $140 so I'm very pleased with what i paid haha. was watching a lot of lots and bidded around til I could get the best deal and I did. This series is so good!!! I really liked the nightwing tie-ins also. the birds of prey tie in was awful I didn't enjoy anything about it and the tim burton line was just god awful.

ScottiePippen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ScottiePippen

I also got batgirl and swamp thing in lots for decent prices and Animal Man 0-13 first prints for only $4.25!!! I seen that going on ebay for 65 so the auction I won slipped throught the cracks. Got it cheaper than the cost of two issues!

JairamGanpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By JairamGanpat

@ScottiePippen said:

I also got batgirl and swamp thing in lots for decent prices and Animal Man 0-13 first prints for only $4.25!!! I seen that going on ebay for 65 so the auction I won slipped throught the cracks. Got it cheaper than the cost of two issues!

That is just beautiful :')

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.