Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Can you buy the new Batman still being a urban myth?

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, it looks like Affleck's Batman in Batman v Superman is still a urban myth. The problem is I can't buy that, this Batman was active for 20 years (he even said so in the trailer). I have a hard time seeing him working for two decades fighting supervillains while remaining a urban legend. What do you think?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By dernman

I have no problem with it. There are many easy ways you could work it out that he was never exposed.

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I don't know. I mean of the villain he fought was the Joker, a villain known for his love of making a spectacle and being in the public eye.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@william300: Not a problem. Something can always be worked out. It's not a big deal if he gets seen by a few people especially when everyone is confused in a situation the Joker is likely to create. They wouldn't even be sure what they were seeing.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

Yes I could buy the urban myth route their going for.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

No, to be honest.

Taking that his villains look to be very public people and the Suicide Squad movie will show him over a car and pretty much everybody watching him.

I dont buy that is the first time something like that happened.

Worst since The Dark Knight Trilogy and the Burton/Schumacher Franchise show that Batman villains have a love for spectacle and take things out of proportion.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was he fighting "super villains" or freaks and people that should be locked up in Arkham? Some of these guys are just people, like Victor Zsasz or Mad Hatter. Now, granted, some people probably think he's real. Some probably don't.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

Was he fighting "super villains" or freaks and people that should be locked up in Arkham? Some of these guys are just people, like Victor Zsasz or Mad Hatter. Now, granted, some people probably think he's real. Some probably don't.

Bingo. Depends on how large a scale his villains up until now have been operating. There also hasn't been a Justice League he's been fighting beside in broad daylight for many years either.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.