Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Can Batman The Dark Knight give us something good?

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RedOwl_1

First: Everybody know that comic SUCKS (why is other stuff) but checking arrond I found the cover of issue 9

No Caption Provided

Written by JUDD WINICK; Art and cover by DAVID FINCH and RICHARD FRIEND; 1:25 Variant cover by DAVID FINCH and RICHARD FRIEND

• "NIGHT OF THE OWLS" continues here!
    • Guest-writer JUDD WINICK joins artist DAVID FINCH for the return of RED ROBIN!
    • Red Robin is back in Gotham City just in time to face off against TALON and THE COURT OF OWLS!

On Sale May 23, 2012

What do you think? (aside that Tim's neck is TOO large :D and looks weirdly funny)

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Saren

Don't hold your breath.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By the_tree

This'll be where the title starts to rise in quality. Especially considering Gregg Hurwitz takes over after this issue.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Gambit1024

Nightwing's neck is long.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#5  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Gambit1024 said:

Nightwing's neck is long.

Red Robin, and I agree. I know people like Finch's art but I've never liked it that much.

Honestly I don't see the point in having ANOTHER Batman series devoted to Batman when he's already got his own series, plus he's in Batman and Robin, not to mention soon  Batman, Inc. Be nice to see them give other characters like Commissioner Gordon and the rest of the GCPD a series, maybe let them take over Detective Comics. Originally, if I'm not mistaken, this series was suppose to be Batman dealing with more mystical stuff and dark magic or whatever, but since the New 52 it simply became another Batman title that as far as I've seen, no one has cared for or liked.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gambit1024

Oops. My bad, that is Red Robin. ...Why are they all wearing red now?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kidchipotle

@Gambit1024: Makes them seem like a family

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gambit1024

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Was that the intent?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kidchipotle

@Gambit1024: No clue, my comment was slightly serious sarcasm, however. I think the male bat-members are wearing red to look more like a family but I could be wrong. It makes sense though.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gambit1024

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Gotcha.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Well I still think the book is...useless, every other bat title has a distinct and specific role while this one is just...there, but anything with Tim Drake in it has me interested.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Onemoreposter

Just noticed. Have the striking aesthetic similarities between Talon and Supreme Power's Nighthawk been pointed out yet?

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By jrock85

The problem with this title is that it seems like the plot changes up from issue to issue. Hopefully, it'll improve once Hurwitz takes over.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I have a theory about Jenkins' Dark Knight; it's a brilliant satire of the DCnU. Jenkins is a very, very talented writer (his Inhumans #1 is probably the best single issue Marvel has ever published), but more than that, he's a clever one.

The DCnU is largely just vapid and shallow story-telling where style is given far more attention than substance, and so in The Dark Knight we have this taken to its most ridiculous extreme. Villains are just overtanked and parodied versions of themselves. Two-Face has become "One-Face", the Joker is on Venom, Bane is so bulked up he shouldn't be able to move. It's all just a joke, where these new designs and ideas of "modernizing" old villains is shown through a mirror of satire.

Jenkins (I hope), is saying to the fans that if this is the kind of shallow crap you want, then I'm going to give it to you, and I hope you realise how wrong you are.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By TDK_1997

Even with Judd Winick on this book I don't think he can do actually any good with a book that with it's 3rd issue deserved to be canceled.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By InnerVenom123

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

I have a theory about Jenkins' Dark Knight; it's a brilliant satire of the DCnU. Jenkins is a very, very talented writer (his Inhumans #1 is probably the best single issue Marvel has ever published), but more than that, he's a clever one.

The DCnU is largely just vapid and shallow story-telling where style is given far more attention than substance, and so in The Dark Knight we have this taken to its most ridiculous extreme. Villains are just overtanked and parodied versions of themselves. Two-Face has become "One-Face", the Joker is on Venom, Bane is so bulked up he shouldn't be able to move. It's all just a joke, where these new designs and ideas of "modernizing" old villains is shown through a mirror of satire.

Jenkins (I hope), is saying to the fans that if this is the kind of shallow crap you want, then I'm going to give it to you, and I hope you realise how wrong you are.

That's genius.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

@InnerVenom123: Heh, thanks. I just hope it's true :P

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By InnerVenom123

@FadeToBlackBolt: Of course, you realize, I'm gonna have to screencap that post and post it everywhere, right? =P It's the highest honor.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @InnerVenom123: I expected nothing less =P 
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By InnerVenom123

@FadeToBlackBolt:

(Dalek voice)

It begins.

IT.

BEGINS.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@RedOwl_1 said:

First: Everybody know that comic SUCKS (why is other stuff) but checking arrond I found the cover of issue 9

No Caption Provided

Written by JUDD WINICK; Art and cover by DAVID FINCH and RICHARD FRIEND; 1:25 Variant cover by DAVID FINCH and RICHARD FRIEND

• "NIGHT OF THE OWLS" continues here!
    • Guest-writer JUDD WINICK joins artist DAVID FINCH for the return of RED ROBIN!
    • Red Robin is back in Gotham City just in time to face off against TALON and THE COURT OF OWLS!

On Sale May 23, 2012

What do you think? (aside that Tim's neck is TOO large :D and looks weirdly funny)

Wait whi of those is Harvey Birdman?

Could the real Harvey Birdman please stand up?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.