Can Batman really dodge Omega Beams

#1 Posted by Nightflash (713 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw it in the Justice League cartoon but that's a cartoon. Did he ever do it in a comic.

#2 Posted by comicace3 (6363 posts) - - Show Bio

If he did I would very much like to shake his hand.

#3 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna say no. Not currently, anyway, especially since the beams change direction. He might have done it once, but continuity hasn't always been held up as strictly as it is now.

#4 Posted by Wolfrazer (7437 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Flash barely dodge them? If so, then I don't see how Batman can...he shouldn't. But ya thats the cartoon, and heroes/villains are usually depowered(for whatever reason).

#5 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman can easily get out from his utility belt his foldable transparent bat shield (radion treated) to block omega beams.

#6 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell Nah.

#7 Posted by dondave (38789 posts) - - Show Bio

Did they kill him in Final Crisis

#8 Posted by nickzambuto (14392 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells said:

Batman can easily get out from his utility belt his foldable transparent bat shield (radion treated) to block omega beams.

The beams outraced Superman. Batman will be dead before he knows anything happened.

#9 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

No. The beams caught Superman and were barely dodged by Flash, Batman has no chance.

#10 Edited by Alexander505 (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightflash said:

I saw it in the Justice League cartoon but that's a cartoon. Did he ever do it in a comic.

Well, not really, is impossible dodge omega beams, but, Batman is fast enough to try it

#11 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

No, he can't dodge them.  
 
No one can, only Wally West (and Barry Allen, with assistance from Wally).

#12 Posted by Alexander505 (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman can dodge bullets, laser, arrows, etc, but no one can dodge omega beams.

#13 Posted by Squalleon (4698 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

No, he can't dodge them. No one can, only Wally West (and Barry Allen, with assistance from Wally).

Actually barry doesn't need help!He has already dodge them once!

#14 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Squalleon said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

No, he can't dodge them. No one can, only Wally West (and Barry Allen, with assistance from Wally).

Actually barry doesn't need help!He has already dodge them once!

Yes, by leeching Speed Force from Wally. 
#15 Posted by Squalleon (4698 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Squalleon said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

No, he can't dodge them. No one can, only Wally West (and Barry Allen, with assistance from Wally).

Actually barry doesn't need help!He has already dodge them once!

Yes, by leeching Speed Force from Wally.

Not that time!In the New 52 in JL

#16 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15120 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really, but If it's any consolation he can still beat Darkseid in other ways.

#17 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

An omega beam is what?

#18 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Squalleon said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Squalleon said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

No, he can't dodge them. No one can, only Wally West (and Barry Allen, with assistance from Wally).

Actually barry doesn't need help!He has already dodge them once!

Yes, by leeching Speed Force from Wally.

Not that time!In the New 52 in JL

Non-canon to real Darkseid.
#19 Posted by SmashBrawler (5978 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

it says at the end - "As Darkseid comments in the Justice League Unlimited tv series, Batman is the first & only human to dodge his Omega Beams (see the final season)."

awesome :P

#21 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12023 posts) - - Show Bio

Take the fact Liam Neeson train him, that would mean Batman has Jedi reflex, so he has a chance, also he will find you and kill you.

Online
#22 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1683 posts) - - Show Bio

No. What happens in the cartoon has no bearing on the comics, though that was an epic moment indeed, and then lead us to the now famous world of cardboard speech.

#23 Posted by BatWatch (2881 posts) - - Show Bio

How much prep time does he have?

Has he done it in comics? I have no idea. Should he be able to do it? Aboslutely not.

#24 Posted by batshrine (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

In the comics it is totally unacceptable, in Timmverse DCAU, Batgod rules supreme! (and being honest, I wouldn't have it any other way)

#25 Posted by BlackWind (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

Darkseid is as superior to Batman as a human is to a rock.

#26 Posted by Herokiller12344 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

No, he really can't. That was just another example of how much Batman was favored in the DCAU. The worst part has to be the fact that they made Darkseid say "No One has ever avoided my Omega Beam..." Nevermind that Superman did it in Twilight.

#27 Posted by _Gaff_ (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Did they kill him in Final Crisis

Yep

#28 Edited by Zijuun (854 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah right.

Darkseid = God.

Batman = "Human".

PIS & BS. Superman has trouble dodging them for God's sake.

#29 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

lolno

#30 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1683 posts) - - Show Bio

SMH no. That's just a good example of how favored Batman is. Plot Induced Stupidity indeed.

#31 Posted by HushoftheWind (1110 posts) - - Show Bio

He didnt really dodge the beams, he just averted them to a parademon.

#32 Posted by PapiNacho (3147 posts) - - Show Bio

He didn't really dodge the the beams, the beams dodged him for fear of coming into contact with his Batness.

#34 Edited by RustyRoy (13542 posts) - - Show Bio

He escaped the Omega Sanction so in a way he did.

@_gaff_ said:

@dondave said:

Did they kill him in Final Crisis

Yep

No

#35 Posted by _Gaff_ (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

He escaped the Omega Sanction so in a way he did.

@_gaff_ said:

@dondave said:

Did they kill him in Final Crisis

Yep

No

Are you talking about how he became a cave man? I didn't read any of Morrison's stuff past Final Crises, So i might have been wrong in saying he died.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.