Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Blogging away the day

Darklexeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Darklexeus

This will be the first time I have ever made a post on this website and I hope that I won't be soon regretting it. I for one am a bit of an avid comic book fan who has recently to some degree gotten back into comics. I haven't been too deeply invested in them as of late and am unsure as to where a comic shop may be located in my current location.

So therefor I cannot buy any recent comics that I would really like to read into, like the recent Spider-Man ones or those that take place in the Ultimate Universe. But I was for a time able to read comic collections at a library that I would normally go to, one of my favorites happening to be the No Man's Land arc of Batman. Which to this day I still find amazing, though one of the books in it did turn me off with such scratchy artwork that I couldn't help but find terrible.

I will say that the characterizations done in the series were rather spectacular and did give us the Batgirl known as Cassandra Cain, though the costume was originally worn by the Huntress since Batman wasn't exactly showing himself too much at the time.

I could give the example of how it had Bane literally breaking into Gotham and Penguin having a rather strong hold over the place since most of the citizens were rather lost in the series and did require a strong form of leadership to guide them.

What was done in this series showed what could be considered villains that were developed very well and were 3-dimensional, without a need for a tragic backstory to be shown or characters from other books crossing over. Though Superman did appear for an issue and it was shown why he couldn't just come into Gotham and try to help all of it's citizens.

Now I believe I've been going on a bit too long, so I'll talk about another series for another day or perhaps something else that may peak my interest instead.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.