Beware the Batman sounds Schumacher level awful

#1 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

None of his most well known enemies are going to be in the show, no Joker, no Riddler, no Bane. Other than a very young Barbra Gordon (not as Batgirl) none of his well known sidekicks are going to be in it, the show runners have described it as more of a procedural detective show than a super hero show cause god knows there aren't enough there aren't enough procedural detective shows. The animation looks awful, so far there is not one positive thing I can say about this aside from "Hey new Batman show".

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how doing a show with Batman detective style is Schumacher level awful.

#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

NO! Not that Green Lantern animation crap....

#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Probably should have included that in the OP, lol. *goes to read*

#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123: I was in rant mode

#7 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: After reading... I still don't see the problem. If you hate the design that's fine, but the ideas they have seem interesting. It's not like Batman's gonna stop fighting entirely, it's just gonna be more focused on the detective side of the story.

#8 Posted by SoA (4776 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked the GL series , according to article they want to show the obscure villains which i have no problem with they can save joker, two-face, and riddler for like season 3-4 , ill give it a shot.

#9 Posted by TDK_1997 (14683 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew it!

#10 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm, Okaaaaaay.

#11 Posted by KingofMadCows (345 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what else sounds awful? A Batman show set 50 years in the future where Bruce Wayne has retired, all of his old villains are gone, and a teenager in high school becomes the new Batman.

#12 Posted by LuigiBat (225 posts) - - Show Bio

@KingofMadCows:

Hardly awful. A very dystopian view of the future, yes, but I'd disagree with your calling it awful.

#13 Posted by KingofMadCows (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@LuigiBat: I was being sarcastic. Batman Beyond's premise about a teenage Batman in high school didn't sound very good either but look at how that turned out.

#14 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see the show first...Just because their not using certain villains doesn't mean anything. I wanna see how they portray Professor Pyg...Will he have PCP?

#15 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

NO! Not that Green Lantern animation crap....

Iwas actually interested in GLA but after watching the first episode and that... terrible animation, I stopped. Just because it worked good with Clone Wars, doesn't mean it's great with everything Cartoon Network!

#16 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

The CGI it's the only thing that sound incredibly AWFUL but the rest sounds....... interesting indeed. Till drinking food sounds horrible too :P

#17 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10218 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey Joel had good ideas, but the WB was scared that he wanted to make darker Batman movies.

So he got into the crazy 60s type Batman movies.

Also i am sure this cartoon will be so awful it will redefine awfullnesss.

#18 Posted by BlackPookie (640 posts) - - Show Bio

a friend told me the same!

but i havent seen it... dont know for sure!

#19 Posted by LuigiBat (225 posts) - - Show Bio

@KingofMadCows said:

@LuigiBat: I was being sarcastic. Batman Beyond's premise about a teenage Batman in high school didn't sound very good either but look at how that turned out.

My bad, sarcasm doesn't always come across that clearly when read on a computer screen.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the show is like, sounds awful thus far but who knows what the future holds?

#20 Posted by TenEyedMen (212 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know...I'm actually kind of excited to see where this goes!

#21 Posted by FinnVarra (226 posts) - - Show Bio

m'eh the only thing that sounds awful is the animation, which isn't that big of a deal honestly.

#22 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh

#23 Posted by Onemoreposter (4021 posts) - - Show Bio

It's so lame they're using Katana when there's a perfectly good Cassandra Cain they could use. I dig Katana and I appreciate that she has an extensive past with B-Man reaching back to the original outsiders.

They still should've used Cassandra.

#24 Posted by nickzambuto (13384 posts) - - Show Bio

@KingofMadCows said:

You know what else sounds awful? A Batman show set 50 years in the future where Bruce Wayne has retired, all of his old villains are gone, and a teenager in high school becomes the new Batman.

Hardly. That is an awesome set-up. I'm sure most people agree.

This show on the other hand...

#25 Posted by ratman19 (525 posts) - - Show Bio

why do they have to make up a new sidekick. do they dislike robin that much.

#26 Posted by KingofMadCows (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@KingofMadCows said:

You know what else sounds awful? A Batman show set 50 years in the future where Bruce Wayne has retired, all of his old villains are gone, and a teenager in high school becomes the new Batman.

Hardly. That is an awesome set-up. I'm sure most people agree.

This show on the other hand...

You really think that people thought that a high school teenager being Batman was a good idea before Batman Beyond?

#27 Posted by nickzambuto (13384 posts) - - Show Bio

@KingofMadCows said:

@nickzambuto said:

@KingofMadCows said:

You know what else sounds awful? A Batman show set 50 years in the future where Bruce Wayne has retired, all of his old villains are gone, and a teenager in high school becomes the new Batman.

Hardly. That is an awesome set-up. I'm sure most people agree.

This show on the other hand...

You really think that people thought that a high school teenager being Batman was a good idea before Batman Beyond?

A distopian future where Bruce Wayne is old and retired, and a new Batman is forced to prowl the streets of New Gotham as it's new protector with Wayne as his mentor?

Yeah, that sounds pretty sweet.

#28 Edited by KingofMadCows (345 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@KingofMadCows said:

@nickzambuto said:

@KingofMadCows said:

You know what else sounds awful? A Batman show set 50 years in the future where Bruce Wayne has retired, all of his old villains are gone, and a teenager in high school becomes the new Batman.

Hardly. That is an awesome set-up. I'm sure most people agree.

This show on the other hand...

You really think that people thought that a high school teenager being Batman was a good idea before Batman Beyond?

A distopian future where Bruce Wayne is old and retired, and a new Batman is forced to prowl the streets of New Gotham as it's new protector with Wayne as his mentor?

Yeah, that sounds pretty sweet.

Except it wasn't a dystopian future, and you left out the part about Batman being a teenager in high school.

A selective reading of premise makes Beware the Batman sound cool too if you focus on the part about the show being more about Batman being a detect, you know, like Sherlock Holmes, and a greater emphasis on Alfred's past as an agent of the British Secret Service.

#29 Posted by nickzambuto (13384 posts) - - Show Bio

@KingofMadCows said:

@nickzambuto said:

@KingofMadCows said:

@nickzambuto said:

@KingofMadCows said:

You know what else sounds awful? A Batman show set 50 years in the future where Bruce Wayne has retired, all of his old villains are gone, and a teenager in high school becomes the new Batman.

Hardly. That is an awesome set-up. I'm sure most people agree.

This show on the other hand...

You really think that people thought that a high school teenager being Batman was a good idea before Batman Beyond?

A distopian future where Bruce Wayne is old and retired, and a new Batman is forced to prowl the streets of New Gotham as it's new protector with Wayne as his mentor?

Yeah, that sounds pretty sweet.

Except it wasn't a dystopian future, and you left out the part about Batman being a teenager in high school.

A selective reading of premise makes Beware the Batman sound cool too if you focus on the part about the show being more about Batman being a detect, you know, like Sherlock Holmes, and a greater emphasis on Alfred's past as an agent of the British Secret Service.

I don't know, I liked the idea. :p

#30 Posted by Mycroftian (109 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's pretty cool that they're doing something different, personally. New spins on old characters are always welcome, providing they're well-written. Time will tell on that last bit

#31 Edited by Styleshift (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@KingofMadCows:

I couldn't agree with you more. I absolutely hated Batman Beyond when they were showing previews. (So of course I watched the movie pilot when it originally aired.)

I loved it....The show respected the source material and was even darker than the original animated series. I can't tell you how happy I was when Terry finally entered the original canon.

Having said that yes this show does sound awful. But Earth one Batman has a gun toting Alfred and it turned out to be really awesome.

Glen Murakami is an executive producer on this show so it shouldn't be that bad. (He also worked on Batman TAS and Batman Beyond)

All things Batman have been pretty good since Batman Begins. The Video games, The comics (Scott Snyder FTW), The movies. I doubt they are going to mess up now...

And Batman is such an important franchise to WB that I think they are going to be VERY careful with the next moves they make. Brave and The Bold was a great show as well. (Though you have to be well versed in the silver age Batman to understand why its awesome.) That show also had James Tucker who worked on past DCU shows. Now we did have "The Batman" but even that got better towards the end when Alan Burnett and Andrea Romano came in to work on the series.

Hey all things considered, it CAN NOT be worst than Ultimate Spider-man....ugh.

#32 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be fine with the show if it weren't for the animation. I'm not sure if it's this show, but Batman's head makes him look like a bug! (As in, his head is short and wide and his bat ears are long enough to be antennae).

#33 Edited by ShowMeYouTeeth (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I think, it was better when The Batman, or Beyond, or 70th cartoons

#34 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShowMeYouTeeth said:

I think, it was better when The Batman, or Beyond, or 70th cartoons

The Batman got good in the second season.

Beyond was amazing.

Wasn't alive in the 70's can't comment.

#35 Posted by batshrine (994 posts) - - Show Bio

I have faith that its going to do be very good. Obviously its focused more on children, but it sounds like it is going to be very entertaining.

#36 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

It has promise.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.