Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Beware the Batman is back ---- at a ridiculous timeslot

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Source

After being put on an extended hiatus last fall, Beware the Batman is returning to Cartoon Network. Beginning on Saturday May 10th, Beware the Batman will air on Adult Swim’s Toonami block at 3am on Cartoon Network. It’s a disappointing time slot, but in the age of the DVR it may not be a big deal for too many fans.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

For some reason none of my threads appear on the forum unless there's at least one comment.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I heard about this already. Hoping it gets moved back to its original time slot eventually. But I will settle for this I guess.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

at 3am? i never really liked the show but what are they thinking

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I wasn't a fan of the show but its good those who were will see new episodes. Don't know how long it'll stick around at that time though.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

3 AM?????? I actually liked the show, but I'm not sure I'll stay up that late for it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

Well, I suppose that's what DVR is for in my case...but come on, you know kids aren't gonna be watching this. And I'm willing to bet they won't set DVRs for it either.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ARMIV2

3am on Toonami? Wooooooooooooooooooow, Cartoon Network. What's even the point of having the DC Nation?

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it just got darker "."

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously...?

CN can't make a right decision without making a retarded one right behind.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Or get up that early.

Wtf? DC has absolutely NO faith or loyalty to their shows.

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

Who's going to watch Beware the Bats at three o' clock in the morning? Wouldn't they be watching a movie or be in bed instead? Well, not unless those people are just getting back home from their local bars after a long day at work. But I don't see many people doing that, especially for a cartoon for 8 year olds and up. It's like they don't want it there to begin. It would make since if they have it either in the morning or afternoon. If they're willing to put it on Toonami (as though their ashamed of having it be on CN) they can at least have it at 12am for an hour.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

The summary is right about the DVR. Recorded.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wolverine008

@jaken7: Yeah, this is pretty bad to me because I was growing to like the show. It's not going to any way in he'll catch its target audience with this time slot. Probably will end up canceled.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

That's some ridiculous timeslot indeed.It seems like CN are doing everything they can so they can cancel the show because they just don't want it to be successful.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

So.. they want it cancelled?

TenEyedMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By TenEyedMen

It's already cancelled, but Toonami is basically airing the episodes CN refused to air, from 12 to 26, making them "new".

Also, for those in the UK or those who have access to UK television, Amazon UK's Instant Video/Lovefilm service has ALL of the episodes on stream. They even have a 30-day free trial if you haven't subscribed to them before.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

That's some ridiculous timeslot indeed.It seems like CN are doing everything they can so they can cancel the show because they just don't want it to be successful.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is good news.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So? Who watches live tv anymore? Just dvr it or wait for Netflix.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I may give the show another chance. I remember when I first saw YJ i wasn't that excited about but now I'm in love with it. So I'll give it a chance again.

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad they didn't can it all together. It got a lot better by episode 9 or 10. Cartoon Network only cares about merchandising which is why shows like Teen Titans Go! are still on and Young Justice got canceled right after they introduced Darkseid (sighs)

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Aw man ain't nobody got time for that! I actually really liked that show. Well I guess I can always watch it on the internet...but it's not the same

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I'm glad that it's back, but I'm not even sure if I even care now. The show was alright and I was starting to get into the Ra's al Ghul storyline...but since then I've just lost interest in the show.

Also, the new time slot is just bull crap. CN knows some people (not everyone has a DVR) won't be able to stay up that late, so ratings for the show won't be that great. That might be CN's plan, giving us the show back only to set it up to fail, then using that as an excuse to cancel it for good.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27  Edited By SupBatz

That's...odd. The series is returning with new episodes? Or are reruns just going to air at this odd time slot?

*cough* cartoonnetworkshouldbringbackyoungjusticewhilethey'reatit *cough*

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

how about cancel both Beware the Bat and Teen Titans... and add two quality shows

ToastedSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well now I have a reason to use my DVR-since its collecting dust in the corner of my room (nothing beats netflix) :)

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Atleast it's back.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Tohoma

@rustyroy said:

@tdk_1997 said:

Exactly this. Same thing happened with Young Justice and Green Lantern. They put the show on hiatus for several months unexpectedly and then decided re-air new episodes with no notifications or advertisement. Then they act all supervised when TV ratings are low. They are probably trying to get rid of the dc animation block and replace it with mind numbing shows which will probably be as successful as their recent CN real stunt.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bleh.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

#34  Edited By CrazyScarecrow

It would be awesome is Soul Eater was still on Toonami. Batman being on right after Death the Kid & Maka's 30 Minutes of Badassery? That would be awesome!

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never watched it before, is it worth the look?

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really is an amazing show and especially as the plot progresses it gets better and better.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke is showing up the next few episodes,hmm DC is really pushing the character hard but through Batman it might be a bit counter productive as SOB showed,Deathstroke should not be a Batman villain.

Synopsis for the next few episodes

“#12 Attraction”

After Batman shows her some kindness in prison, Magpie breaks free and captures Katana – burying her alive – in a jealous rage.

“#13 Fall”

With the might of the League of Assassins behind him, Ra’s Al Ghul comes to Gotham and steals the Ion Cortex for his own use. And even Batman is powerless to stop him.

“#14 Darkness”

With Batman a prisoner – and the League of Assassins now in control of Gotham – it’s up to a small band of heroes to save the city.

“#15 Reckoning”

Ra’s unleashes some of Batman’s greatest enemies from Blackgate to keep him occupied, while Ra’s turns his attentions on Katana and Alfred.

“#16. Nexus”

Six months after the attack, Gotham’s new mayor has hired District Attorney Harvey Dent, who hates Batman and wants to bring him to justice.

“#17. Monsters”

There’s a new hero in Old Gotham. Metamorpho’s back and he’s using his powers to protect the citizens of Gotham from high tech criminals.

“#18. Games”

Humpty Dumpty captures Batman, Katana, Gordon, Mayor Grange and Tobias Whale and makes them play his Murder Mystery Game.

“#19. Animal”

In order to track a thief who’s stolen a dangerous piece of code-breaking software, Batman has himself arrested and thrown into Blackgate prison.

“#20. Doppelganger”

Batman and Katana encounter a strange Man Bat creature, who is the experimental result of Pyg and Toad’s animal army of mutated humans.

“#21. Unique”

An old friend of Bruce Wayne’s comes to him for help, when her father has been cloned by a mysterious organization to create an army of super soldier manhunters.

“#22. Hero”

Desperate to rid the city of Batman, Harvey Dent allies with Anarky, who recruits a new hero to take Batman’s place… the hired killer Deathstroke.

“#23. Choices”

When Batman and Katana are ambushed in the Gotham subway by Killer Croc, it’s up to Barbara Gordon to save them. Only one problem: Barbara’s on a date.

“#24. Epitaph”

When Bruce Wayne is “assassinated” by Batman, he lets the world think he’s dead and goes in search of the imposter – the Bad Batman.

“#25. Twist”

Batman continues to work in secret to find answers, while Harvey Dent recovers in Gotham Hospital. Blaming Batman for everything, he enacts martial law in Gotham.

“#26. Alone”

When Alfred is taken hostage by Deathstroke in the Batcave, Batman must face him alone. Harvey Dent reveals his true nature as Two Face.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone else feel that Deathstroke screams Bane in many ways these days,not just SOB but even Arrow to a large extent channels Nolan's Bane though their Slade,same goes for the description of these new Beware the Batman episodes.

And it doesn't just stop at Slade/Bane,we have Anarky/Joker too,even Magpie/Catwoman.

TenEyedMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone else feel that Deathstroke screams Bane in many ways these days,not just SOB but even Arrow to a large extent channels Nolan's Bane though their Slade,same goes for the description of these new Beware the Batman episodes.

And it doesn't just stop at Slade/Bane,we have Anarky/Joker too,even Magpie/Catwoman.

Only Nolan's versions, though. If they were imitating traditional Bane, then yes. But Nolan's Bane is already a bit removed, so drawing from that dilutes the inspiration. Though, yeah Deathstroke is being pushed way too much. I hope his appearance in this show is more respectful than SoB's.

Anarky is not similar to Joker. Faux-anarchism and stereotypes existed long before Nolan's Joker, and that's what the show's Anarky embraces. Also, Magpie is way too unstable, stalker-ish, and murder happy to be similar to Catwoman. Batman doesn't even return her affections.

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MasterDetective

3 a.m? Well, this wouldn't be the first time CN treats cartoons eveybody loves like crap

Anyway, I'm looking forward for the "games" episode

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By animehunter

More on the Catch

It’s time for a little good news/bad news for Beware the Batman fans.

First the good news: You will get to see the final 15 (yes, there are fifteen unaired episodes) episodes of the one season of Beware the Batman that haven’t been shown on Cartoon Network, and you’ll be able to watch them for free on the channel.

The bad news, however, is that the episodes will air at 3am on Sunday mornings, starting on July 27, 2014. That’s right, fifteen of the twenty-six episodes of the series, which features a butt-kicking Alfred, Katana as Batman’s first sidekick, and a younger, more brutal Batman himself are being - there’s no other way to describe it - burned off at essentially the worst possible timeslot. The new timeslot for the series, the final hour of the “Toonami” block, will begin May 11 at 3am Eastern/Pacific, and run through the first, already aired episodes of the series before beginning the new ones at the end of July. The new schedule has been confirmed by Cartoon Network.

Beware the Batman was the latest DC Comics based animated series to see erratic (to put it mildly) programming from Cartoon Network, which is also part of the extended Time Warner family that owns the comic book publisher. Beware the Batman was pulled from the schedule in October 2013 with no official statement and repeated “no comments” from representatives of either division. The previous two series, Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series, saw a confusing and repeatedly broken release schedule. Young Justice had no less than five hiatuses for a mere two seasons, with as little as two episodes at a time and as many as nine with breaks of six months, four months, three months, and four months again in between spurts of episodes. GL:TAS aired two episode, took a four month break before episode three, went through to 13, took a few months off, aired two, took four months off, then aired the rest.

The bad news for Beware the Batman was punctuated in March when Cartoon Network revealed their 2014-2015 schedule, which did not have the series on the list. There are also no newly-debuting DC series for 2014-2015, though the comedic Teen Titans Go! did receive a new season.

From CBR

DC Comics-based animated series "Beware the Batman" has a Cartoon Network return date, but at a much later time slot than most would expect. According to a report last week by Toon Zone, "Beware the Batman" will join the Adult Swim "Toonami" block Saturday, May 10 at 3 a.m. -- surprising scheduling given its previous, kid-friendly Saturday morning spot.

In a subsequent report published by IGN on Monday, the site reported that the Toonami airings of "Beware the Batman" will start with the show's first 11 installments, before the show's 15 previously unaired episodes debut in that time slot starting on July 27. It's a fairly clear instance of a network burning off produced episodes of a show that has otherwise been scrapped.

"Beware the Batman," a CGI-animated Batman series featuring a more hands-on role for Alfred and Katana as a major part of the supporting cast, debuted on July 13, 2013 as part of Cartoon Network's DC Nation block. The show was unexpectedly pulled from Cartoon Network's schedule on October 23, 2013, after 11 episodes had aired. A twenty-six episode first season has been produced.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
    deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stay up till 4 on weekends anyway. Might just have to take 30 minutes from reading Wheel of Time to watch it.

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MasterDetective

and this is why streaming websites have been created

I3IO_HAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good thing I didn't give a single crap about the show

Have not seen a superhero animated tv show up to the quality of bruce timm's dcau shows (batman tas, batman beyond, superman, justice league/unlimited), they just don't make em like they used to...

Avatar image for timelordscience
    TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gor724: Wheel of Time is quality stuff

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.