Beware the Batman - 'Broken' Clips and Images

Posted by G-Man (18920 posts) - - Show Bio

There's another all-new episode of Beware the Batman coming this Saturday, August 10, at 10:00 a.m. ET/PT on Cartoon Network. Find out what happens when Humpty Dumpty makes an appearance in "Broken."

Strange, life-size metal toy army men have started to appear all over Gotham…armed with real weapons. When Batman investigates, however, he discovers they are more than toys, but actual living people trapped inside an explosive shell. The clues all lead back to a former mob accountant named Humpty Dumpty (MATT JONES), who went insane when the Mob tried to silence him before he could testify. Now, he wants revenge, and one of the people he’s targeted is Lieutenant James Gordon!

In this first clip, Batman talks to Tobias Whale's met...with his fists.

In the second clip, Batman visits Gordon to offer a warning about...Humpty Dumpty.

Here's some [dark as always] images courtesy of Warner Bros. Entertainment.

#1 Edited by Trevel8182 (754 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotham City home of laser guns, loser villains and empty streets.

#2 Posted by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay, more Gordon!

#3 Edited by Evilmime13 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Yet another D-list Bat enemy, changed into a new character.

RIP

Professor Pyg

Mr. Toad

Catwoman wanna-be

Now Humpty Dumpty

#4 Posted by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by MrMazz (1068 posts) - - Show Bio

Humpty Dumpty looks cray cray. Be interesting if they bring up some of the identity themes found in Secretes (ep2) gotta love Batman as a conduit for identity disscussion

Also it would ber eally nice if Kurtwood Smith just yelled dumbass randomly in the episode because long live That 70's Show.

#6 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6515 posts) - - Show Bio

Ggorebhgwvkzxf

#7 Posted by elayem98 (458 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmazz said:

Also it would ber eally nice if Kurtwood Smith just yelled dumbass randomly in the episode because long live That 70's Show.

Hahahaha. I can't take this Gordon seriously because I only hear Red from that 70s show

#8 Posted by MrMazz (1068 posts) - - Show Bio

@elayem98: It's even better if you think of him as Clarence Boddicker from RoboCop, now that will stick with you.

#9 Posted by The Stegman (26098 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn he took those fodder thugs down easily.

#10 Posted by KRYPTON (1868 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn he took those fodder thugs down easily.

Because He's Batman!

#11 Edited by jointron33 (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

Humpty Dumpty looks dumb as hell, but Whale was "whale" done. Lol see what I did there.

#12 Posted by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: I agree, he looked menacing compared to Humpty Dumpty, who looked kind of silly.

#13 Posted by MasterDetective (859 posts) - - Show Bio

who's next? Dr.Double X? Signalman? The Spook? King Tut?

#14 Edited by TenEyedMen (221 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33: I agree, he looked menacing compared to Humpty Dumpty, who looked kind of silly.

To be fair, we haven't seem Humpty as a villain yet, only as a victim.

#15 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome stuff! This show really has come through to me so far as a watcher.

#16 Posted by ViperKing (422 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope that he will be established as a sincere threat, with incredible capabilities. The other villains in the show, besides the League of Assassins, haven't been established well so far. Professor Pyg, Mr. Toad, Magpie, and Anarky haven't been established. Professor Pyg and Mr. Toad are shown to be small-time eco-terrorists, that kidnapped important people, because they signed a land deal, that hurt the environment, Magpie was portrayed as a lesser Catwoman-like thief, with an identity crisis. Anarky was simply one costumed villain, with access to weapons and technology, that manipulated two failed artists into more vandalism. I dare to say that both Professor Pyg and Anarky, in Beware the Batman, are shown to be lesser than their comic counterparts.

#17 Posted by benblanks86 (26 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmazz said:

@elayem98: It's even better if you think of him as Clarence Boddicker from RoboCop, now that will stick with you.

"Bitches, leave!"

#18 Posted by MasterDetective (859 posts) - - Show Bio

isn't Katana supposed to be a better fighter than Batman? and how old is she anyway?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.