'Beware the Batman' being toned down due to Colorado shootings

#3 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn.

#4 Posted by Dernman (14731 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya I read that awhile ago. Like I needed another reason not to watch that show. Still it's a dumb thing to do.

#5 Posted by CrimsonCake (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

More censorship :(

#6 Posted by batshrine (969 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a kids show, I don't see why everyone is being riled up. Does seeing cartoon guns get you off? Relax! I think it's going to be awesome show (especially for the target audience!) And just being they will be shooting lasers instead of bullets, I don't think it's going to ruin the show.

#7 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

Ya I read that awhile ago. Like I needed another reason not to watch that show. Still it's a dumb thing to do.

#8 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate how reality meddles into the affairs of fiction, so inconsiderate

#9 Posted by BatWatch (2364 posts) - - Show Bio

@batshrine said:

It's a kids show, I don't see why everyone is being riled up. Does seeing cartoon guns get you off? Relax! I think it's going to be awesome show (especially for the target audience!) And just being they will be shooting lasers instead of bullets, I don't think it's going to ruin the show.

It's stupid to act as if guns would traumatize children. The problem is not guns, the problem is wackos killing people.

#10 Posted by batshrine (969 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not talking whether it makes sense to you or not. I am just saying, why does it matter. The show isn't going to get any better if the guns looked like guns or lasers. And I think the goal of WB is first to not have people attack Batman, and second to avoid subliminal messaging about how guns are cool. OVerall it won't affect the quality of the show, and if it isn't real enough for you, then I will recommend for you to stop watching kid shows

#11 Posted by Twentyfive (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

It is unfortunate when real life gets in the way of artistic expression.......

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.