Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Beware the Batman

batshrine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By batshrine

This

No Caption Provided
    SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SmashBrawler

You know, this would be funny if it weren't so outdated.

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By StrangeMan

Reminds me of when people said that Spectacular Spider-Man was gonna suck, when The Brave and The Bold was gonna suck, when Green Lantern: TAS was gonna suck, when Ultimate Spider-Man was gonna... wait...

You want a Batman cartoon that you know it's gonna suck just by looking at it? Take a look at this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9ZNekwBUgpk/UKsNdU4iNeI/AAAAAAAAK6c/LqDWXtFR-m8/s1600/GothamHighclassphoto_final.jpg

For now, the only thing that we can do is the same thing we should always do, prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@StrangeMan said:

Reminds me of when people said that Spectacular Spider-Man was gonna suck, when The Brave and The Bold was gonna suck, when Green Lantern: TAS was gonna suck, when Ultimate Spider-Man was gonna... wait...

You want a Batman cartoon that you know it's gonna suck just by looking at it? Take a look at this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9ZNekwBUgpk/UKsNdU4iNeI/AAAAAAAAK6c/LqDWXtFR-m8/s1600/GothamHighclassphoto_final.jpg

For now, the only thing that we can do is the same thing we should always do, prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

That looks awesome!

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@DarkKnightDetective said:

@StrangeMan said:

That looks awesome!

I thought that was just a mock-up someone made.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@StrangeMan said:

That looks awesome!

I thought that was just a mock-up someone made.

O.K. I looked it up. Someone made the picture, DC contacted them about possibly making a series, and then it just didn't happen for some reason.

The pictures are kinda fun, but I'm not sure if it would've worked as a series.

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: This wouldn't have worked out?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: Who didn't want to see Joker's prom night prank?

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: This wouldn't have worked out?

I suppose some people might have watched it, but do we need a show like this? I feel like it might be a little silly.

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: It is silly, but not stupid. So I don't see anything wrong with that.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: It is silly, but not stupid. So I don't see anything wrong with that.

Maybe it's just not my kind of thing.

It's possible I could have watched it and loved it though. Hard to tell really. :P

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MuyJingo

Green Lantern TAS pretty much does suck. It's super cartoony and the CGI is horrible. Why they didn't use cell animation and make it just a tad more serious like Young Justice, I don't know. While I don't like the CGI in this new batman, I am interested since it is meant to focus on detective aspects of the character.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By reignmaker

I gave "The Batman" a chance, and it was ok for a kids show.

I gave "Brave & the Bold" a chance, and I REALLY liked it. It's a very tongue in cheek kind of show and absolutely nailed what it was trying to do.

Probably won't give "Beware" a chance just because I'm sick of seeing Bats on TV. That and TMNT already fulfills my Saturday morning cravings.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#14  Edited By TheCannon

I can't say the show will suck based off of what little has been said. I do say that the animation sucks, but you really can't judge a show based on the CGI. GL has horrible animation, and it's a good show.

However, I probably won't watch the show. I'm just sick of a new Batman show coming out immediately after one is cancelled.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By Samimista

@DarkKnightDetective: Lol! I'd loved to of seen that. xD To be honest I wouldn't of mind seeing Gotham High as I bet it would of been a fun show.

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By StrangeMan

I don't think that people here have a clear idea of what "animation" is, the CGI choice isn't one of animation, it's one of art direction. Let's face it, hand drawn animation, while not going exctinct or anything exaggerated like that, is just not as attractive as it used to, now CGI is more popular, you rarely see any hand drawn animated films in theaters anymore, and while i don't support studios leaning towards CGI to the point of saturating the industry (mainly because hand drawn animation is actually less expensive to produce than CGI), i do understand why they're doing it. In the early 2000s anime started to gain global popularity, so western animation tried to emulate the art style, in the 80s animated cartoons tried to emulate how a comic book usually looks like, and now the same thing is happening with CGI.

At least be grateful that we aren't in the late 90s, where we got shows like ReBoot, that while it was a great show with outstanding animation for it's time, there's no denying it was still incredibly akward to look at, now CGI works great, shows like Green Lantern, Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Transformers: Prime all have amazing, fluid and dynamic animation. Just because you don't like something it doesn't mean it's bad.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#17  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Personally I think the show will do better than many claim, people were saying Green Lantern was going to suck and lately I've seen nothing but praise for the series. I believe the same will happen with this show as well. As for the CGI, it really doesn't bother me honestly.

Really, if the show has the same vibe of the teaser they released a while back I'll be looking forward to it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.