Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23647 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Beware of the Batman intro

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Breadspread

Beware of the Batman intro.

http://youtu.be/VibXLrIMVSQ

Thoughts?

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Breadspread

I really like how stylized the intro is, I hope that kind of colour and lighting treatment finds it way into the show.

I'm still not crazy about the art direction they took with the character design, but I do think this intro is the best it has looked so far. (At least out of the clips I have seen)

Who are the other characters in the intro?

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Loading Video...

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Meh...doesn't look the best.Especially with the CGI,although it does look a bit dark.And I like that.

It's just a theme song,though. The show may be good.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

It will probably be decent, but I'm really not liking this move to CGI. Might fail to watch it for that reason alone. Probably nothing we can do to stop the change, since it's faster and cheaper to do.

I also think they should give Batman a rest for a time. If they retired him even just 5 years, it would allow WB to explore other DC characters. You know how much I want to see a Nightwing show? After some time on the shelf, bring Batman back in a beautiful re-imagining of the original Animated Series. Synch it up with the movie reboot, and we're good to go.

DarkKnight1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DarkKnight1939

Though I have my doubts about the series, I did enjoy the style and use of red lighting. I also like the movement of the shadows when Bruce Wayne's face becomes Batman's, sort of like Two Face. The music was very poor though, and completely pointless, lacking the unique, bold and instantly recognisable tune of Danny Elfman's Batman theme, or the humour of Batman 1966 series tune. The character design is awful, particularly for Batman. It's easy to see parallels between this intro and the Batman: The Animated Series intro, the use of dark silhouttes and the reveal of the Batmobile.

I believe the characters of the intro to be the main characters of the Beware the Batman series, Bruce Wayne/Batman, his butler Alfred and his sidekick Katana.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Breadspread

@reignmaker: I thought that's what the Brave and the Bold was doing well, putting a spotlight on other DC characters. I agree, I'd love to see an animated series based on other DC characters.

When CGI is done well it looks great, I wasn't crazy about how this one looked in the trailer, the backgrounds looked bland and plain, character designs were too basic and "stretched and pulled" in the wrong places.... But the animation, the way the fight sequences move looks pretty good. If they focus on action this show might be good.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Could be worse.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkknight1939: you're right the music is awful.

I wasn't following news on this series, Katana a sidekick? Cooool.... and I love that it looks like Alfred is going to be in on the action.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the_stegman  Moderator

It looks like they took the mysteriousness of "The Batman's" intro and added the unique visuals of "Batman Beyond's" intro.

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Doesn't look good.

Jpgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The style is cool but the designs are still crap and I'm not a fan of the music either

Not looking too good but it's just an intro.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I actually kind of liked it except for the music. Also I MAY be giving the creators too much credit but does anyone else think all the red and black in the intro could be a tiny nod to Morrison's Batman run? Since theyre adding Professor Pyg to the show we know they had to at least be aware of it and red and black was a huge recurring element of his run.

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this crap intro doesn't suit a batman show at all.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Meh

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.