Best Joker Story?

#1 Posted by xxBryce10xx (12 posts) - - Show Bio

I have just finished reading The man who laughs and a killing joke as well as the 12 new 52's that are out. What comics start a good joker arc? Or atleast an arc with a lot of action like the dark victory and long halloween. I was thinking a death in the family? However no comic places have those issues. Any newer ones?

#2 Posted by mcgregorp (45 posts) - - Show Bio

try no man's land they're a good read but their is alot of them though

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

The Killing Joke. Duh.

#4 Posted by xxBryce10xx (12 posts) - - Show Bio

I read the killing joke already. I was thinking no mans land but its hard to find where they start since it went back and forth weekly if someone had like a check list or something to help me id love to read them

#5 Posted by Joygirl (18781 posts) - - Show Bio

I am interested in this as well. I too have read Man Who Laughs and Killing Joke (along with some other stray appearances) and want moar.

#6 Posted by hoole100 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

batman lovers and madmen is a really cool take on the Joker origin. def. worth the read.

Arkham Asylum if you havent read that yet.

#7 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Killing Joke is pretty much considered the quintessential Joker story.

"Joker" by Brian Azarello is pretty good, but if you're looking for action, it probably isn't for you. Batman doesn't even appear until the last couple of pages.

I have a feeling that the upcoming Joker arc by Scott Snyder is going to wind up topping the list, but we don't know yet.

#8 Posted by YMCMB (160 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're looking for something older, The Laughing Fish is a good Joker story from the 70s I believe.

#9 Posted by britsera (204 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really a Joker story, but I liked the issue where he kidnapped Tim in the car on Christmas. Don't know why...

#10 Posted by BlackPookie (624 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the Batman: The Man Who Laughs

#11 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

The Killing Joke so far has been one of the best Joker stories.

#12 Posted by PortlandsBatman (208 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed the joker story in the Knightquest storyline with movie making Joker vs Azreal. It isn't the best but all people are saying is Killing Joke and we all know that one, so here is something new.

#13 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

The Killing Joke. Duh.

ha

#14 Posted by timelord786 (164 posts) - - Show Bio

must say killing joke

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.