Best Interpretation of Batman in Contemporary Media

Posted by batshrine (969 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Best Interpretation of Batman in Contemporary Media (64 votes)

Timmverse DCAU (TBAS, JLU, BB) 47%
Burtonverse 2%
Schumacher's Nipples 0%
Nolanverse 16%
Arkhamverse 39%
Legoverse 5%
The Batman 2%
The Brave and the Bold 5%
Young Justice 6%
DCUAOM (Year One, Under the Red Hood, Justice League: Doom, etc.) 30%

So these seem to be the most iconic representations of Batman in other forms of media. Which ones are your favorites? And why does it set itself apart?

#1 Edited by TDK_1997 (14395 posts) - - Show Bio

Timmverse.Some amazing shows,great portrayal of each character.

#2 Posted by ccraft (5014 posts) - - Show Bio

The movies have been better than the cartoons, but I'm pretty sure Bruce Timm helped in some Batman movies, but can't think of any.

#3 Edited by sinestro_GL (3030 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted the Timmverse...but to be fair, the Burtonverse deserved this one.

No Burtonverse means no Bat-Mania in the 1990s, and therefore 2000s or 2010s

#4 Posted by consolemaster001 (4893 posts) - - Show Bio

Close call between timmverse and arkhamverse. I decided to go with arkhamverse

#5 Edited by batshrine (969 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

The movies have been better than the cartoons, but I'm pretty sure Bruce Timm helped in some Batman movies, but can't think of any.

So Bruce Timm produces the DCUAOM, but they don't fall under the same world as DCAU. And since most of the stories are based off of canon comics, I decided to just put them all in one universe (its not like they contradict themselves).

#6 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

timmverse followed by arkham verse, and BATB was ridiculously overpowered.

#7 Posted by batshrine (969 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by batshrine (969 posts) - - Show Bio

@batshrine said:

@rolldestroyer: overpowered?

yeah didn't you watch it?

oh do you mean Batman himself? And I think that was totally part of its charm. I mean there was an episode about how Batman could do anything, and literally another one where all the heros were hardcore Bat fans. I think it was poking fun of Bat Fans, and people that believe Batman can do anything, but at the same time honoring him.

#10 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer said:

@batshrine said:

@rolldestroyer: overpowered?

yeah didn't you watch it?

oh do you mean Batman himself? And I think that was totally part of its charm. I mean there was an episode about how Batman could do anything, and literally another one where all the heros were hardcore Bat fans. I think it was poking fun of Bat Fans, and people that believe Batman can do anything, but at the same time honoring him.

yeah, he also takes superhumans easily in that show, apprarently had a meditation technique to leave his body, he beat emperor joker, equinox, was doing well against darkseid in mere h2h, and several others insane feats. dont get me wrong i loved the show and it was really funny but i think batman was overpowered there. also speaking of preparing for everything you should watch the brave and the bold video game trailer.

#11 Edited by spidermonkey2099 (614 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say the Timmverse. The people behind those cartoons really understood Batman's character and really showcased all facets of that character very well in those various shows. The Arkhamverse and the DCUAOM would be a close second and third for me. I love the Nolanverse. Nolan's Batman movies are (along with the Avengers) the best superhero movies ever made, but at the same time, they aren't really able to showcase all the aspects of the Batman universe that we all know and love.

#12 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkhamverse..

#13 Edited by Jack Donaghy (876 posts) - - Show Bio

DCAU Batman.

#14 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

DCAU batman is the best representation and the closest to the comics

#15 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

Timmverse closely followed by Arkhamverse and DCUAOMverse.

#16 Posted by batback (5 posts) - - Show Bio

arkhamverse because its a combination of both timm, the comics, and nolan, with a little burton in there too.

#17 Edited by MuyJingo (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

I chose the DCAU movies. I love the Batman animated series, it was so true to the comics and the characters....but I liked the movies in a different way, yet perhaps a little bit more. Perhaps because they were more adult or more epic, such as with Under the Red Hood.

Butron, Nolan and Schumacher got the character completely unforgivably wrong. He kills in all of these movies. I don't know why Tony isn't upset about that....sounds like a good question for the podcast!

#18 Edited by StrangeMan (407 posts) - - Show Bio

Timmverse by far, but TBATB is probably the best adaptation of Silver Age Bats (that's why he was "overpowered"), alongside Adam West of course.

#19 Posted by batshrine (969 posts) - - Show Bio

is it weird that i am shocked that arkhamverse is that close to timmverse

#20 Posted by SupBatz (1671 posts) - - Show Bio

This was a tough choice but I went with the Arkham verse. It touched upon so many different aspects of Batman's character and his universe all in such a short time and without deviating too far from the games' actual plots.

#21 Posted by consolemaster001 (4893 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

This was a tough choice but I went with the Arkham verse. It touched upon so many different aspects of Batman's character and his universe all in such a short time and without deviating too far from the games' actual plots.

I agree

#22 Posted by WarBlade539 (4444 posts) - - Show Bio

Timmverse closely followed by Arkhamverse

#23 Posted by MasterDetective (793 posts) - - Show Bio

who voted Legoverse?

#24 Posted by Mucklefluga (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkham. Nolan isn't batman-y.

#25 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5741 posts) - - Show Bio

I said Arkhamverse because you were literally playing as comic book Batman.

#26 Posted by ectoborge (205 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Arkhamverse did a nice balance between the fantastical nature of the animated series and the dark reinterpretation of the Nolanverse

#27 Posted by ssbm (92 posts) - - Show Bio

i think the DCAU had the best interpretation as they had the most time i mean how many episodes could he have been n all together not forgetting the times he was with static or any other team ups but the others had good showings of bruce to i loved "the batman" some people slate it but i thought it showed how bruce's growth something we didn't get to see in some of the other interpretations but i love the scene in young justice when dick talks about that "thing" that keeps bruce going how he doesn't think he has it and its that "thing" you see alot in the animated movies like doom crises on two earths and superman and batman doomsday.

#28 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

is it weird that i am shocked that arkhamverse is that close to timmverse

Tbh Arkhamverse is pretty awesome.

#29 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

I cant belive people thinks the arkhamverse a good interpretation, are good games, but is pretty much Burton version on roids.

DCUAOM

Timmverse DCAU

Young Justice

Nolanverse

Legoverse

#30 Posted by batshrine (969 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad The Batman got some recognition. I think it was actually a solid interpretation of Batman, just not so much a good one of the Joker...Oh and its animation was beautiful.

Shame still no one thinks Schumacher was top dog lol

#31 Posted by Black_Arrow (2400 posts) - - Show Bio

timmverse dcau closely followed by arkhamverse. Timmverse shows how batman works alone, how he works with the JL and in the arkhamverse they only show as how he works alone

#32 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2213 posts) - - Show Bio

so Adam West doesn't get an option, but shumacher's nipples do?

#33 Posted by batshrine (969 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I love the Arkham verse Batman. He overcomes absolutely everything in his path to finish the job.

#35 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

so Adam West doesn't get an option, but shumacher's nipples do?

People here hates Adam West show for some reason, i want to punch them in the face and then dance.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.