Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23635 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Ben Affleck And Geoff Johns Working On Batman Movie

• 70 results
    kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jayc1324: he hasn't in ages though. From Throne of Atlantis all the way to Darkseid War he has written every JL member fine.

Dr_Harlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Dr_Harlequin

Hahaha like how Geoff Johns helped with Arkham Knight?

Hahahahahaha.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23: His batman started to improve after Forever Evil, during the time when Power Ring was developing with the league. It has gotten a lot better but he still isn't what I would call a good Batman writer and doesn't write the best dialogue for Batman. There are dozens of writers more qualified to help with a batman movie.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Gracetrack

Here's hoping it isn't two hours of Bat-Magoo. For once I'd like to see Batman portrayed as the genius we all know him to be from the comics, and not some second rate Columbo. I don't have faith that's what we'll get if Johns is co-writing, but I hope I'm wrong.

lamdaddy20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By lamdaddy20

Hopefully Batman doesn't act like a total moron in this movie...

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: good thing he has Affleck alongside with him.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@entropy_aegis: It meant exactly what i said. If Batfans are ok with Zach Snyder heavily taking from one of the worst Batman stories in history in order to mold DCCU Bats, then i don't see why they would mind an accomplished comicbook writer working on the project.

Sure you could feed me all that "Geoff hates Batman" bull, but at least Geoff actually knows about the DC Universe and writes great stories. Besides he's only CO-WRITING. So people are getting rustled over nothing.

Beata

TDKR is one of the worst Batman stories now? yeah ok I guess Daredevil: Born Again is also one of the worst DD stories ever and if we're going by accomplishments then Miller>>>>>>>>> Johns, his work is more influential and is even taught,Johns just writes fairly entertaining,formulaic stories.

Johns only knows about HIS DC universe,there isn't a single character he hasn't written without retconning their history, back story, power set etc to suit his own vision,he shows nothing but utter disdain for other writers,back then it was just his predecessors now he's not even sparing his own peers..

@entropy_aegis said:

And hate to break it to you but Miller's Superman for all his flaws was never a moron.

Of course he was, TDKSA and All Star Batman and Robin, had Superman look like a complete moron. I personally don't have that much of a problem with TDKR but you can't deny a big amount of hatred and prejudice about Supes was born from that book.

@darkdetective27 said:

Who thinks Batfleck should have picked Scott Snyder or Paul Dini instead? Or anyone else?

Being a good comics writer doesn't mean you can do a movie. Just throwing it out there. Johns has studied screenplay. He was an aspiring movie writer before he did comics.

Superman only showed up for a few pages in ASBAR,he did nothing that could be considered moronic, and what was moronic in TDKSA?

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

It could be interesting now that Affleck is involved in that side of the production also, as opposed to just acting.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Writers that should co-write instead:

Scott Snyder

Grant Morrison

Paul Dini

Anyone who didn't have a hand in writing Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssssssss

and me :D

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

And hate to break it to you but Miller's Superman for all his flaws was never a moron.

Of course he was, TDKSA and All Star Batman and Robin, had Superman look like a complete moron. I personally don't have that much of a problem with TDKR but you can't deny a big amount of hatred and prejudice about Supes was born from that book.

@darkdetective27 said:

Who thinks Batfleck should have picked Scott Snyder or Paul Dini instead? Or anyone else?

Being a good comics writer doesn't mean you can do a movie. Just throwing it out there. Johns has studied screenplay. He was an aspiring movie writer before he did comics.

Paul Dini wrote animated episodes and the Arkham games, so I'm sure he'll do a movie wonderfully. and Scott Snyder isn't a novice.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

@squalleon: Back when the Batman franchise was wrecked they had Paul Dini write a Batman Beyond movie. The only reason it didnt work was because the director back out. He also helped work on Mask of Phantasm. Just putting that out there.

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By darkdetective27

@username12345: I dont think anyone wants to see Batman like that, but I have a feeling thats what we're getting. Batman will be really old an weary and probably saying he's too old to be still doing this or something stupid and put a huge emphasis on how he's just a normal human who makes mistakes instead of a hero who comes through in the end and over coming the villain without him looking stupid and Alfred toting around a gun.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By username12345

@darkdetective27 said:

@username12345: I dont think anyone wants to see Batman like that, but I have a feeling thats what we're getting. Batman will be really old an weary and probably saying he's too old to be still doing this or something stupid and put a huge emphasis on how he's just a guy.

Batfflleck is going to whip him into shape I hope. He's going to be throwing down with Superman and Affleck is a big nerd for Batman, which is why he was Dare Devil in fact. The choreographer said Batman was going to be a beast also. Fingers crossed.

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
    deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 hours of Batman being a complete doofus.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hehe I saw it.

Let the rustling begin!

@jonny_anonymous: Geoff Jones? Anyway, Batman fans hates Geoff. I don't think this news excite them.

Affleck is an Oscar winning writer and he IS Batman so nothing to fear. And Johns Batman Earth One V2 was pretty good.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@rustyroy said:

Affleck is an Oscar winning writer and he IS Batman so nothing to fear. And Johns Batman Earth One V2 was pretty good.

I agree, I just know the news won't satisfy some(as seen above). Glad you liked V2.

Tikbaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Tikbaz

Most of Geoff's Batman work isn't all that good, but he has been showing some improvements in writing Bruce. I agree with @rustyroy, his work on Batman Earth One V2 was actually pretty decent, to my surprise. All that being said, it doesn't fill me with confidence seeing his name attached to the new Batman movie.

The chance that he'll have Bruce losing fights to an elderly one legged Alfred, or getting punched out by a Hal Jordan cameo, missing rooftop jumps, telling Superman he hasn't inspired anyone since Doomsday killed him, or just being an all around sourpuss Bat-moron is too high of a risk. Please let Mr. Johns stick to the JSA, Flash, and Aquaman. There are other individuals that I would argue are more qualified to help write Batman. As it is, I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope his influence on the movie is positive.

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tikbaz: you got that right. Every time I see Geoff Johns name attach to anything Batman, I cringe knowing that Batman is going to act extremely stupid for someone who is known as the World's Greatest Detective with a genius intellect. WHY CAN'T HE CO-WRITE AQUAMAN INSTEAD?!?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tikbaz said:

Most of Geoff's Batman work isn't all that good, but he has been showing some improvements in writing Bruce. I agree with @rustyroy, his work on Batman Earth One V2 was actually pretty decent, to my surprise. All that being said, it doesn't fill me with confidence seeing his name attached to the new Batman movie.

The chance that he'll have Bruce losing fights to an elderly one legged Alfred, or getting punched out by a Hal Jordan cameo, missing rooftop jumps, telling Superman he hasn't inspired anyone since Doomsday killed him, or just being an all around sourpuss Bat-moron is too high of a risk. Please let Mr. Johns stick to the JSA, Flash, and Aquaman. There are other individuals that I would argue are more qualified to help write Batman. As it is, I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope his influence on the movie is positive.

Yeah, Morrison or Snyder would've been a better choice, hopefully Affleck will read some Batman books first.

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nybreezy: I know right he would make sense for Aquaman, but for Batman it just leaves me scratching my head wondering what we will get. I just saw the BvS trailer and Batman looks so awesome it hurts.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.