Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman's yellow utility belt

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's been gradually bugging me recently, but why would Batman make his utility belt yellow?

The chest target being yellow had a good reason behind it...to draw fire to the most armored part of the suit.

Why would his belt be yellow? The groin/stomach in a dangerous area to draw fire to, and it's not like he needs it to be bright to find it with technology....

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

It's not really that bright... at least not enough to draw gunfire like the old chest symbol.... And Batman's utility belt has been yellow for 75 years, I think it's a little too late to be annoyed by it now....

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

For design.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, that's always bugged me too. I liked how in Batman: Arkham Origins they made it grey to blend in with the rest of the costume.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, that's always bugged me too. I liked how in Batman: Arkham Origins they made it grey to blend in with the rest of the costume.

Yeah, a grey or black belt makes a lot more sense, but it doesn't look as nice.

@anjales Typically the yellow on his belt is the same as on h is chest. Pretty bright.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OrangeBat

@muyjingo said:

@orangebat said:

Yeah, a grey or black belt makes a lot more sense, but it doesn't look as nice.

@anjales Typically the yellow on his belt is the same as on h is chest. Pretty bright.

That's probably the reason why his belt is yellow. Aesthetics trumps practicality when it comes to superhero costumes.

Except for Jim Lee's Superman costume. That thing is neither practical, nor aesthetically pleasing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't really draw attention from shooters. Not only is it not that bright, but people don't aim at that area anyway. Whereas for the yellow background to the bat symbol on his chest, people already aim near there so it draws their attention.

Also, style.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know the answer. Cause it looks awesome.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe he wants you to look at that part of his anatomy.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get people saying it isn't that bright. It's the exact same yellow as his chest symbol.

Except for Jim Lee's Superman costume. That thing is neither practical, nor aesthetically pleasing.

I still like it more than the MoS costume.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bigcimmerian

@muyjingo said:

It's been gradually bugging me recently, but why would Batman make his utility belt yellow?

The chest target being yellow had a good reason behind it...to draw fire to the most armored part of the suit.

Why would his belt be yellow? The groin/stomach in a dangerous area to draw fire to, and it's not like he needs it to be bright to find it with technology....

Batman is now completely bulletproof.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo said:

Since when?

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Boynerdgeek

Oh complaint about Belt colour. Well Batman have different belt colour in comics..it just Bruce Wayne like yellow belt. No big deal. Don't complicate such small things. Chill it is comicbook world where "a world that a man makes deal with the devil so that everyone forget about his identity and a world that we find out that a man is not dead but rather go back in time" :). This is not realistic world

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

except for his face

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jmarshmallow
    bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bigcimmerian

@muyjingo said:

@bigcimmerian said:

@muyjingo said:

Since when?

No Caption Provided

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@muyjingo: Oh complaint about Belt colour. Well Batman have different belt colour in comics..it just Bruce Wayne like yellow belt. No big deal. Don't complicate such small things. Chill it is comicbook world where "a world that a man makes deal with the devil so that everyone forget about his identity and a world that we find out that a man is not dead but rather go back in time" :). This is not realistic world

KDub_inc_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo: seeing the individual pockets well in the dark? Lol

Maybe cuz the artist thought it looked good.let's not over think it maybe.

Batking200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cause he's balling. The belt is solid gold.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.