Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23647 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman's technology...

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Methos

ok, i thought i'd bring this issue up as it seems not many people know about it...

Batman has access to healing technology from Kandor, sold to him by Kara Zor-El that is capable of healing him from anything.

it was explained as 'rewriting his dna on the fly', effectively rendering Batman completely immortal in a combat scenario...

now, here's the big question... do we actually could this technology as being 'in use' in a battle scenario?

M

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Methos

dunno... it's there, and it works...

so do we count it or not?

M

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By zero edge

I think we should wait and see if Batman ever uses it.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Final Arrow

Wait it re-writes his DNA , why not just use it to turn his full DNA?

The guy has the smarts to do it!

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Final Arrow

I suppose we have to, I mean if he has it and as you said knows how to use it, then It has to be taken into consideration.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Methos

zero edge says:

"I think we should wait and see if Batman ever uses it."

Green Lantern has never used half of the true capabilities of his ring... we still use them in a battle scenario because he 'could' use them...

bit of a problem isn't it lol

M

Final Arrow says:

"I suppose we have to, I mean if he has it and as you said knows how to use it, then It has to be taken into consideration."

so now for Battles, Batman has a healing factor that puts Wolverine's to shame?

M

Phoenix God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Phoenix God

Methos says:

"zero edge says:
    "I think we should wait and see if Batman ever uses it."
    Green Lantern has never used half of the true capabilities of his ring... we still use them in a battle scenario because he 'could' use them... bit of a problem isn't it lol M Final Arrow says:
    "I suppose we have to, I mean if he has it and as you said knows how to use it, then It has to be taken into consideration."
    so now for Battles, Batman has a healing factor that puts Wolverine's to shame? M"

I say if a character has done it, it should be considered. If a character has never done it, I don't think we should use a 'could do' because then we start stretching what Marvel, DC, or whomever feel is realistic, at this time. The problem with 'could do' is that the character never has done it and we should not assume he or she would. These battles are supposed to reflect some level of accuracy and continuity. I mean, if Fan A has a bigger imagination for Character A than Fan B does, then we start having issues. Or, am I alone in this area of thought?

Dark Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dark Hawk

I Do not think that Batman would use the healing technology for the mere fact that he is too proud to use it. not only that, but he does well enough with his normal technology, and would only use it as a last "life-or-death situation" resort.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By speedlgt

when do all this occur? I find it kinda of odd to think that batman (the one true human superhero with no powers at all who hase never needed powers) now has a superpower! it just seems to go against all batman is. I mean for one thing would could easly say that Bruce could create a power suit on the level of ironman. But he doesnt use one. I agree with Dark Hawk I doubt batman would use this unless its to save a life like ......a Robin or such I wonder if he would use it on himself?

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By the creator

I would not count it in yet until he has been shown to use it more than twice or even repeatidly. Until that point it should not be considered as he has not been shown to use in the normal course of his activities. In effect, it has not become part of his common arsenal.

The same goes for any character who develops a new ability or access to new equipment. Until we can see the scope/extent of the power/equipment, we cannot ascertain it's potential and thus make an informed judgement on it.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#11  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I'm sticking with my opinion that it's basically just additional technology he has access to, but doesn't have on him. That would mean that he wouldn't have it for normal battles, but if there was one that specified prep time, he could use it because it's in his cave. Still though, I don't think it should be used at all really until he actually uses it so we can see exactly how it works.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.