Batman's greatest villain?

• 96 results
#1 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

this isn't a popularity contest, or who you like more.

this is to know who is indeed the foe that can be considered Batman's true rival

#2 Posted by The Speedster (421 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know that much about the second guy sorry. But whenever I hear Batman's greatest villain the name Joker appears in my head.

#3 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Himself.

#4 Posted by Oceana (241 posts) - - Show Bio

Ra's is a good one, but Joker is also really good. They both are two totally different characters and I can't chose who is greater.

#5 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

but out of them, its hard. But it comes down to Joker for me.

#6 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

my vote is for Ra's, I think they are equal in almost every area

#7 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"Joker would be the more iconic one imo.But to me Ra's seems to know him better, or how he works. I think he is more of a threat."

yup, Ra's is saved for only "the greatest shames"

#8 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker would be the more iconic one imo.

But to me Ra's seems to know him better, or how he works. I think he is more of a threat.

#9 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't decide.

#10 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker, because the other guy got killed by his daughter.

#11 Posted by MotorSteel (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker FTW

#12 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Resonate says:
" Joker, because the other guy got killed by his daughter."
and your point is?"

The other guy kind of would have a hard time being a good worst enemy if he was dead

#13 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Resonate says:

and your point is?

#14 Posted by vadia (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Resonate says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Resonate says:
and your point is?"
The other guy kind of would have a hard time being a good worst enemy if he was dead"

Ra's always seems to come back. Furthermore, both Ra's and Batman are thinkers. Joker is more an intuiter, you play along and he'll do something unexpected see the comic [I forget which one] that he "rescues" Robin from some thugs: He's driving towards a santa and kids with intent to kill. Joker asks if Robin will say something to save them. Robin replies, "There is no Sanity Claus" quoting a favorite comedy. Joker Veers off.

Ra's, the cold intellect would never have done that.

Furthermore, every now and again, Ra's seems to "win" or come out even, wheras Joker is always defeated in the end of a comic.

#15 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

vadia says:

"Resonate says:
"Nighthunter says:
"Resonate says:
and your point is?"
The other guy kind of would have a hard time being a good worst enemy if he was dead"

Ra's always seems to come back. Furthermore, both Ra's and Batman are thinkers. Joker is more an intuiter, you play along and he'll do something unexpected see the comic [I forget which one] that he "rescues" Robin from some thugs: He's driving towards a santa and kids with intent to kill. Joker asks if Robin will say something to save them. Robin replies, "There is no Sanity Claus" quoting a favorite comedy. Joker Veers off.

Ra's, the cold intellect would never have done that.

Furthermore, every now and again, Ra's seems to "win" or come out even, wheras Joker is always defeated in the end of a comic."

welcome to the vine

good post

#16 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll say Ra's...

i can actually see Ra's defeating, and killing Batman... something i can't see Joker doing no matter how hard he tries

M

#17 Posted by Crocbait (101 posts) - - Show Bio

its got to be the joker. from what i have read (which is simply just the intertwined comics of the ressurection of ra series) ra is simply open to discussion and debate. when it comes right down to it, though joker may not be able to match fighting skills with batman like ra if he could, he would kill him instantly without a doubt. he killed jason todd right? so if it comes right down to who is the greatest villain, joker has my vote. ra is really smart, but he only has the lazarus pits going for him. technically also, batman has killed ra, but cant seem to kill the joker. Joker gets my vote

#18 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"I'll say Ra's...i can actually see Ra's defeating, and killing Batman... something i can't see Joker doing no matter how hard he triesM"

I agree there

#19 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Crocbait says:

"its got to be the joker. from what i have read (which is simply just the intertwined comics of the ressurection of ra series) ra is simply open to discussion and debate. when it comes right down to it, though joker may not be able to match fighting skills with batman like ra if he could, he would kill him instantly without a doubt. he killed jason todd right? so if it comes right down to who is the greatest villain, joker has my vote. ra is really smart, but he only has the lazarus pits going for him. technically also, batman has killed ra, but cant seem to kill the joker. Joker gets my vote "

Welcome to the vine

Like Joker said to kill someone you don't need skill just to be willing to do it.

Batman and Ra's have always been equals in a lot of things, intellect, resources, tactics, etc.

Oh and Batman never killed Ra's it was his Daughter (not talia, another one)

#20 Posted by Batman666 (82 posts) - - Show Bio

threat level : Joker < Ra's Al Ghul

Insanity and Unpredictability : Joker > Ra's Al Ghul

it depends what do you mean by greatest.

I got goosebumps when I read or watch (cartoon) the story about joker

And I didn't get the same excitement with Ra's even I often fall asleep when the story's about ra's two face, bane and any other villains.

Joker's story is more entertaining for me to read so I'll vote for Joker.

#21 Posted by mantoid (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman's greatest villians are Joker and Bane.

#22 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

mantoid says:

"Batman's greatest villians are Joker and Bane."

i wouldn't put Bane in his greatest villains catagory...

especially after the meeting they had in NoMans Land, he's definitely an adversary, but he isn't a villain in the traditional sense. He's more of a mercenary and has even worked alongside Batman several times, not something a 'greatest villain' would do...

M

#23 Posted by Clantern (666 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it is 'Iconic' to have Joker as Batmans greatest enemy, also i think Joker isn't trying to destroy Batman, meerly torcher him and harm his friends (The killing joke suddenly comes to mind.)

Ras is a good villian but could be predictable if batman thought long and hard enough.

Joker on the other hand is unpredictable.

#24 Posted by BlackPanther (511 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#25 Posted by BlackPanther (511 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally think the joker is batmans greatest enemy. Simply because ras is batmans equal in many ways. However the joker is different. Spontaneous therefore unable to read when he goes through a lil personality change. He may not be able to stalemate batman but he always tests him to his limits and he always thinks of new ways with different motives. Also because he is batmans iconic villain. When batman knocks him down he always comes back.

#26 Posted by MrsJ (305 posts) - - Show Bio

The Joker is definitely the Batman arch nemesis, but Ra's would be the second choice because he is very similar to the Bat. The Joker has every thing he needs, brains, skills and damn good looks. =P Okay, maybe I'm the only one who thinks so. The only thing that Ra's has is the Lazarus Pit and Money. Joker doesn't need either of those things to be the greatest villain alive.

#27 Posted by King Saturn (224157 posts) - - Show Bio

I say The Joker over Ra's. Besides Jack Nicholson is a better actor than Liam. LOL

#28 Posted by Bookman (618 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker fo sure. He's done far more emotional damage to Bats. He killed Jason Todd and broke Barbra Gordon's legs. Joker is also in the public image just more. Batman is order and Joker is chaos.

They can't exist without each other, as seen in the stories when Joker thinks he kills Batman, he gives up crime.

#29 Posted by TRTrunks (56 posts) - - Show Bio

joker, i guess he's the only villain batman is afraid of.

#30 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

seriously

#31 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

TRTrunks says:

"joker, i guess he's the only villain batman is afraid of."

since when has batman been afraid of joker?

#32 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman's greatest villain is.... Himself. LOL.

#33 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Static Shock says:

"Batman's greatest villain is.... Himself. LOL."

lol that's true

#34 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

even though i don't like him,joker
Post Edited:2008-02-10 21:32:40

#35 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

ok for anyone that think it's the joker

lol

#36 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

The unpredictability of the Joker gives him the edge. Ra's is like Batman in many ways - meticulous, organised and leaves nothing to chance. Batman can therefore work out what his next move is likely to be - whereas the Joker can always do the unexpected.

#37 Posted by Angelic Reaper (7540 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with most of the people writing about Joker. He's so unpredictable that even Batman has a hard time figuring out what he's going to do. And when have you ever seen Batman worried about a villan who is 'off the radar'? I've only seen it once, that was with the Joker durring No Mans Land, he wasnt scared but worried because if Joker isnt running around doing something... then he's planning something, something BIG.

Ra's... well... When they DO fight its cool, but from what I've seen they just argue alot...

#38 Posted by Inque (71 posts) - - Show Bio

Terry's greatest villain is Inque of course

#39 Posted by Silenttiger43 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

I can agree that Joker's a totally main villain, but I still think the Riddler's the best.

He tests Batman in alot of different ways, making him think outside the box, which can be rather difficult you know? Plus I'm totally obsessed with those awesome puzzles he comes up with! The riddler's a mind-boggling genius.

#40 Posted by Nia Wolf (215 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#41 Posted by Nia Wolf (215 posts) - - Show Bio

Silenttiger43 says:

"I can agree that Joker's a totally main villain, but I still think the Riddler's the best.He tests Batman in alot of different ways, making him think outside the box, which can be rather difficult you know? Plus I'm totally obsessed with those awesome puzzles he comes up with! The riddler's a mind-boggling genius."

I agree ^^ Riddler rulez!

#42 Posted by Silenttiger43 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Riddle me this, Riddle me that, who's afraid of a big, black, bat! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAAAA!!!

#43 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Two Face more than any of them lol

#44 Posted by Silenttiger43 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Two face can be entertaining

#45 Posted by amadrone (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#46 Posted by amadrone (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have to say bane.

#47 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

amadrone says:

"I would have to say bane."

Well, he's really more of a mercenary, y'know?

He's helped Batman too...when he wasn't breaking his back...heheheheheheheheh

That was funny

#48 Posted by DragonGateAcer (5400 posts) - - Show Bio

my top 5 are 1 joker 2 two face 3 bane 4 ra al ghul 5 harley quinn

#49 Posted by Blue Lantern 2814 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Joker. Take a look at the damage that the Joker has done, has Ras ever left any permanent damage? Look at Barbara Gordon, Jason Todd, etc.

But, Hush is my favorite Batman villain. Although, Joker does pull a close second.

#50 Posted by Midnight Lantern (6011 posts) - - Show Bio

Riddler.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.