Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23645 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman's (Bruce Wayne) Connection to Red Hood (Jason Todd)?

DarkKnight1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DarkKnight1939

I have read Under the Red Hood and have some questions to ask. I have not read any Batman comics related to this period in his history.

- How did Jason survive the explosion?

- How did Nightwing survive the explosion at Bluudhaven?

- What happened to Bluudhaven after this?

- What did Jason do after this event?

- What did Batman do after this event?

- As Jason has carried on being the Red Hood, why has Batman stopped trying to bring him in?

- I think Jason is no longer part of the "Bat-Family" so what is his current relations to each member?

I would be thankful for any answers.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By KnightRise

@DarkKnight1939 said:

I have read Under the Red Hood and have some questions to ask. I have not read any Batman comics related to this period in his history.

? Are you talking about the DCOAU movie, or the story arc?

How did Nightwing survive the explosion at Bluudhaven?

? Do you mean from Infinite Crisis?

- I think Jason is no longer part of the "Bat-Family" so what is his current relations to each member?

Pre-New 52, he had become a full-fledged villian of Dick and Damian (ignoring the breif teamup to save Scarlett). Currently, things are much smoother between the family. Read Red Hood & the Outlaws and Batman Inc 5 for interactions and feelings

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Stormbox

@DarkKnight1939 said:

You mean the one at the end? He just escaped like many other comic characters

Nightwing wasnt in bludhaven when it was destroyed if you want more details you should read infinite crisis

It was destroyed forever

He attacked tim drake in teen titans, tried to take over dicks nightwing identity, tried to be batman when bruce died, became red hood again and fought dick as batman, and now hes in red hood and the outlaws

He got involved with the omac project stuff and thewn infinite crisis, he renounced to the batman identity and traveled through the world for a year, then came back and... continuedf to to batman stuff until he died, came back and founded batman inc

- As Jason has carried on being the Red Hood, why has Batman stopped trying to bring him in?

I guess theyre in better terms now

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BatWatch

By being BA.

It was never shown, but human heroes are shown as surviving those sorts of things all the time. It's a bit stupid, but what can you do? Presumably, he just got out of the blast radius in time. It was handled better in the movie.

He was out of town. I believe that he was in Gotham at the time, but he had to ignore Bludhaven and deal with a problem stemming from Infinite Crisis

I do not know, but they made a series called Battle for Bludhaven. I suspect that has many of the answers. I think Superman cleared the radiation, so it was still theoretically habitable, but everything was all blown up, so...

Good question. I do not know what he did in the lost year, but he started being a dick to Grayson in NYC after the Bat Family returned.

Immediately after, Dick Grayson was almost killed during Infinite Crisis by...Lex Luthor I think? In fury, Batman picked up a gun and tried to shoot Lex, but the gun was empty. After that, he decided he needed a vacation, so Batman, Dick, and NIghtwing went on a year vacation/rejuvenation thing.

Nobody knows.

That is not clear. Tim seems cool with him now. He seems to think that Jason's previous aggression was just a side affect of the Lazarus pit, and he does not seem to be overly concerned about the whole killing people stuff. Damian seems to see Jason as an enemy of his fathers and a disowned son. There have been no other post-Flashpoint interactions that make his role clear to the rest of the family.

I would be thankful for any answers.

For more news, reviews, and commentary for the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SmashBrawler

@BatWatch said:

Immediately after, Dick Grayson was almost killed during Infinite Crisis by...Lex Luthor I think? In fury, Batman picked up a gun and tried to shoot Lex, but the gun was empty.

Nope, it was Alexander Luthor, not Lex. And the gun wasn't empty, what happened is that Wonder Woman convinced Batman not to shoot Alex.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By JakeN7

@KnightRise:You mean Batman Inc. #4? That was the one with Wingman and Redbird. #5 isn't out yet and will focus on Damian as Batman, last seen in the Time and the Batman trade and first introduced in Batman #666. I don't blame you for getting confused though since thanks to the #0 issue, #4 technically is the 5th issue.

DarkKnight1939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DarkKnight1939

Thanks for the responses everyone.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By BatWatch

@SmashBrawler said:

@BatWatch said:

Immediately after, Dick Grayson was almost killed during Infinite Crisis by...Lex Luthor I think? In fury, Batman picked up a gun and tried to shoot Lex, but the gun was empty.

Nope, it was Alexander Luthor, not Lex. And the gun wasn't empty, what happened is that Wonder Woman convinced Batman not to shoot Alex.

Whoops! I read it when it came out, and I do not think I've seen it since.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.