Batman's biggest villain

#1 Posted by allenbyrd (12 posts) - - Show Bio

OK we all know Batman's biggest villain is the Joker which they are bringing back in the new 52s. The Joker is as iconic as Batman if the joker were to ever die who would be Batman's biggest villain. Joker has stated on multiple occasions "bats you complete me" they are like the yin ans yang of the dc universe. Its like Superman without Lex Luthor or Flash without Mirror Master or Bill Clinton without Monica. So who would be Batman's new Nemesis?

#2 Edited by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio
Flash without Mirror Master

You mean Zolomon and Thawne ;)

#3 Posted by AweSam (7360 posts) - - Show Bio

Thought Superman had Zod, not Lex. I would say Bane.

#4 Posted by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

Are you serious?

I'd agree with Bane.

#5 Posted by AweSam (7360 posts) - - Show Bio

@Remi said:

@AweSam said:

Are you serious?

I'd agree with Bane.

He's pretty much Superman's exact opposite morally, while being his equal physically. I see no reason why not.

#6 Posted by allenbyrd (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@Remi: yea i don't read alot of flash

#7 Posted by allenbyrd (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam: i said Lex because they are always fighting and you see Lex more often then General Zod. Brainiac is a good Superman villain so is Parasite. Lets not forget Doomsday Superman has lots of Villians.

#8 Posted by joshmightbe (24469 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Solomon Grundy is his biggest villain, Joker's what 6'3"

#9 Posted by TheePenguin (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Cobblepot aka The Penguin,

He is a criminal genius and can do the most drastic things and still be safe from the law.

He is totally sane and dangerous.

#10 Posted by NEEK_03 (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

i'd think hush or ra's would be, maybe bane. ppl like penguin, 2face, freeze and them just dont have what it takes to mentaly push batman. though freeze is smart

#11 Posted by CrimsonCake (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

ra's al ghul.

#12 Posted by BatCow (70 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonCake said:

ra's al ghul.

Agreed.
#13 Edited by ngroove (321 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker, of course is first.

Second, Penguin. Second most used Bat-nemesis in the Golden Age. Popularized into pop culture by Burgess Meredith in the 66' show alone made him a much more known, household popular name. Add to it further under his belt, his presence with Joker against the Dynamic Duo and Scooby & his gang in the early seventies New Scooby Doo Movies, his action figure and episode in mid eighties Super Powers at the tail end of the Superfriends, Danny Devito's chilling performance in 1992's Batman Returns, his Joker hyena and cop killing persona in 2011's Arkham City, and his much praised recent characterization in 2011-2012's Penguin: the Pain and the Prejudice, not to mention, many battles against Batman in-between and especially today, throughout the decades, in comics, and in all animated incarnations of Batman, including second most used villain in the Batman.

#14 Posted by gats_botl (78 posts) - - Show Bio

has to be bane. either though if the joker was to die there would be an element of the batman that would die too

#15 Posted by Knight_Justice (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman's new nemesis? Mmmm I'd go with Bane, Ra's al Ghul or Hush. Bane Broke. The. Bat. Enough said. Ra's al Ghul is practically immortal thanks to the lazarus pit and he's also a mastermind with far greater ambitions. Hush was Bruce Wayne childhood friend, like Bane and Ra's he knows Batman secret identity.

#16 Posted by Roliepolieolie (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Ra's al Ghul without a doubt. He and Batman are more alike than any other villain. Ra's is a better foil to Batman than the Joker himself I believe. He is everything Batman is, only without the moral limits that Batman puts on himself to keep in line. Batman uses his power and resources to change Gotham into what he believes Gotham should be. Ra's wants to change the world into what he thinks it should be. In theory, Batman believes himself to be a "ruler" of some sort over Gotham. Ra's believes he is the natural ruler of the world. ect ect

#17 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7499 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm... IDK... Penguin, maybe.. or Ra's al Ghul.

#18 Posted by Humanoid (132 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roliepolieolie said:

Ra's al Ghul without a doubt. He and Batman are more alike than any other villain. Ra's is a better foil to Batman than the Joker himself I believe. He is everything Batman is, only without the moral limits that Batman puts on himself to keep in line. Batman uses his power and resources to change Gotham into what he believes Gotham should be. Ra's wants to change the world into what he thinks it should be. In theory, Batman believes himself to be a "ruler" of some sort over Gotham. Ra's believes he is the natural ruler of the world. ect ect

Yep, Ra's is the man.

Also is HUSH a common villain? I feel like it's been ages since I've seen him.

#19 Posted by FrankenKong (234 posts) - - Show Bio

When it comes to nemesis its always the big 5 in my opinion. For Batman it would be Joker/Two-Face/Penguin/Ra's al Ghul/Bane.

#20 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

It would have to be someone as obsessed and self-rigtheously convinced as Bruce, but sick and twisted. I could see Ra's systematically trying to destroy everything Batman stands for to bring him....to the Dark Side... But seriously, Ra's or Hush would make great archnemisi in the absence of the Joker.

#21 Edited by KingofMadCows (345 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Mask. His whole schtick is pretty much turning Batman's strategies against him. For one, the whole "striking fear into the hearts of criminals" thing doesn't really work against Black Mask since he's able to strike a whole lot more fear (and flaming hot pokers) into the hearts of criminals than Batman.

#22 Posted by SupBatz (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

The best thing about Batman is that he has such a variety of interesting villains. It's hard for me to pick his greatest one because all of them pose a threat to Batman and represent some side of him. It's been shoved in our faces time and time again that the Joker is number one. Number two....going by sheer threat factor I would have to say is Ras al Ghul. Though I think any of Batman's rogues could pose an even greater threat than Ras and be more interesting than him if properly written.

#23 Posted by nickzambuto (12677 posts) - - Show Bio

The answer is obviously Joker.

Simply put, his so called "death" was all a ruse to see how Batman would react to his end. Joker is always saying how deep down inside, they have a connection and Batman knows it. When he thinks Joker is dead, Batman will (eventually) freak out or something, and then and only then when his point has been proven, will Joker reveal himself.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.