Batman's age in new 52 Justice League?

#1 Edited by wins5820 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

How old is batman in JLA #1?

#2 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

He is *cough* years old.

#3 Posted by wins5820 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahaha that was the impression I've been getting when reading most of his stuff in the new 52.

#4 Edited by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

in his 20s maybe early maybe late i think around 25 beacuse he's 30 maybe 32 in batman

i'd place his age 23-27 and leave it at that

#5 Posted by wins5820 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

So he's in his early 20's when Dick is Robin?

#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Um... Old enough? This is supposed to take place 5 years before Batman and all his other titles, so you figure Dick's probably been Robin already, Jason died and Tim could be Robin at this point. If Dick was Robin when Bruce was in his early 20's, I'd put him around 27 in JLA.

#7 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2193 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering his age is 30-35 in the Bat-titles, he's anywhere from 25-30 in Justice League.

#8 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

30-32 at the most.

#9 Posted by NX (307 posts) - - Show Bio

If Bruce Waynes really 52 hes getting old for being Batman

#10 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

If Year One is accurate he's 25 when he starts...

JL #1 happens 1-2 years after that which makes him 27.

And if he's actually 32 currently then that is even more accurate as it happens 5 years before the Bat-books which would make him 27 again in JL

#11 Posted by batman_is_god (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

@wins5820 said:

So he's in his early 20's when Dick is Robin?

yeah. its not like hes his actual father. He had not been Batman for long when Dick became his ward. I'd put him at 24 at the oldest when Dick became Robin.

#12 Posted by GamerGeek360 (251 posts) - - Show Bio

I think some DC writers said early 30's for his age. If we were actually counting from his age when he first showed up in comics, he would be closing in on 100 years.

#13 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman_is_god said:

@wins5820 said:

So he's in his early 20's when Dick is Robin?

yeah. its not like hes his actual father. He had not been Batman for long when Dick became his ward. I'd put him at 24 at the oldest when Dick became Robin.

Dick Grayson was 12 when he fist became Robin and was Robin for 6 years.

JL formed in year 3 after Robin joined up with Batman

If we were still following this then Dick Grayson would still be Robin in DCnU

in DCnU

Dick is obviously in his 20s

Jason is obviously in is late teens early 20s

Tim is obviously in his late teens

We also know that Killing Joke happened 3 years ago which place Death in the family around that period too... so Todd was dead a year and a half ^.^

Tim has to be old enough to be solo, which means he has to be at least 18, this means that he became Robin when he was 15 or 16.

Dick had to have been Robin by year 3 of Batman (ie 5 years ago) and served most of that time as Robin before he was old enough to walk so he had to have been 18 by year 5 which makes Dick 20 years old currently, and was Robin at age 16.

Jason must not have been Robin long, even for the DCnU timeline, but we have to assume that the same pattern was stuck to and Jason was 16 when he became Robin... and when he died.. thus he is 19... or if you want to not count the year and half he was dead and the lazarus pit he is 17 or 18 ^.^

so ages of Bruce and the Robins....

Bruce was 25 when he became Batman

Bruce was 27 when he adopted Dick at age 16

Bruce was 29 when Dick at age 18 became Nightwing and Jason became Robin at 16... and then died at 16

Bruce was 30 when Tim at age 16 became Robin

Bruce was 32 when Tim at age 18 became Red Robin and Damian Wayne at 14? became Robin

Current ages...

Bruce Wayne 32

Dick Grayson 20

Jason Todd 19...ish

Tim Drake 18

Damian Wayne 14?

#14 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2193 posts) - - Show Bio

@Durakken said:

If Year One is accurate he's 25 when he starts...

JL #1 happens 1-2 years after that which makes him 27.

And if he's actually 32 currently then that is even more accurate as it happens 5 years before the Bat-books which would make him 27 again in JL

JL starts five years into Batman's career. Batman first started when he was 18-20 in current continuity and before Flashpoint.

#15 Posted by The Stegman (23041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Durakken:  
 


Current ages...

Bruce Wayne 32

Dick Grayson 20

Jason Todd 19...ish

Tim Drake 18

Damian Wayne 14?

i more or less agree with this, only i think Damian's still around ten or eleven 
#16 Posted by BrooklynMoore (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting thread about the age of Batman. Batman rules. I don't know if how young he is but his genre of being admired is timeless. I guess, even my father and my grand father still love to see batman. It seems that Batman has his own charisma that's why he is popular, genre by genre without taking his personal loans.

#17 Posted by GamerGeek360 (251 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@Durakken:

Current ages...

Bruce Wayne 32

Dick Grayson 20

Jason Todd 19...ish

Tim Drake 18

Damian Wayne 14?

i more or less agree with this, only i think Damian's still around ten or eleven

I agree with it as well but I thought some writer said off-hand that Damian was 12. Whether that's right or not, I have no idea, but I like to follow it that way. The rest of the ages seem dead on though.

#18 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

@GamerGeek360 said:

@The Stegman said:

@Durakken:

Current ages...

Bruce Wayne 32

Dick Grayson 20

Jason Todd 19...ish

Tim Drake 18

Damian Wayne 14?

i more or less agree with this, only i think Damian's still around ten or eleven

I agree with it as well but I thought some writer said off-hand that Damian was 12. Whether that's right or not, I have no idea, but I like to follow it that way. The rest of the ages seem dead on though.

It really doesn't matter what anyone says about Damian's "age" because it's irrelevant...Damian is a clone type that was artificially aged. He's not 10, 12, 14, 16, or whatever other number you want to say. He's obviously no older than 5 years old because Ra's only took interest in Bruce after he became Batman and proved himself which was not in what I call Year 0. Year 1 is when he was proving himself and Year 2 is 5 years ago so >.> Damian is 5 years old at max.

#19 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2193 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@Durakken:

Current ages...

Bruce Wayne 32

Dick Grayson 20

Jason Todd 19...ish

Tim Drake 18

Damian Wayne 14?

i more or less agree with this, only i think Damian's still around ten or eleven

Tim is 16, though. And Damian is still 10.

#20 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThanosIsMad said:

@The Stegman said:

@Durakken:

Current ages...

Bruce Wayne 32

Dick Grayson 20

Jason Todd 19...ish

Tim Drake 18

Damian Wayne 14?

i more or less agree with this, only i think Damian's still around ten or eleven

Tim is 16, though. And Damian is still 10.

Tim is not 16 and Damian is not 10. It is literally impossible for them to be those ages.

#21 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

The funny thing is that in present time he hasn't been de-aged by much. Pre-Reboot he was about 37-38 and with the new retcons and de-aging he works out to be about 34-35.

#22 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

@Durakken: Uhh...how?

#23 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

@batflasharrow96 said:

@Durakken: Uhh...how?

How what? You didn't quote anything and how doesn't refer to anything so how am i supposed to answer?

As to your pre-reboot age for Bruce. You are woefully mistaken as is most people.

Year 0 = Superman's Debut

Year 1 = Batman: Year One (Batman debuts at age 25)

Year 2 = Joker's Debut

Year 3 = Dick Grayson at age 12 debuting as Robin and the JLA with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman forms

Between year 3 and 4 Batwoman I and Bat-Girl debuts

Year 4 = Barbara at age 16 debuts as Batgirl and Teen Titans form

Year 5 = Guy Gardner becomes GL

Year 6 = JLA get satellite HQ

Year 7 = Teen Titans disband. Ra's first encounter

Year 8 = Titans reform, Barbara elected to congress

Year 9 = Titans disband, Dick and Bruce part ways, Titans reform

Year 10 = Batman leaves JLA and forms Outsiders

Year 11 = Dick becomes Nightwing, Jason debuts as Robin II, Crisis on Infinite Earths

Year 12 = Killing Joke happens and Death in the Family happens

Year 13 = Barbara becomes Oracle, Tim becomes Robin III, Death of Superman... Bruce is 38 at this point

Year 14 = Reign of Supermen, Knight Saga, Kyle Rayner debuts as GL, and Zero Hour

Year 15 = Contagion and Cataclysm and Final Night

Year 16 = No Man's Land which debuts Cassandra Cain who becomes Batgirl III (Huntress is Batgirl II)

Year 17 = Lex becomes President

Year 18 = Bruce framed for Murder

Year 19 = HUSH, War Games, Identity Crisis

Year 20/21 = Infinite Crisis (Bruce is age 45) and 52 occurs... the starting point is mid year.

Year 22 = Batman RIP, Final Crisis, Battle for the Cowl.

Year 23 = Dick as Robin and Tim as Red Robin

Year 24 = Flashpoint... Bruce is between 49 and 51 at this point depending on when his birthday is (In February) and when Flashpoint happens...and whether age 25 was at the beginning of Year one or at the end... Because it takes place over the course of a year.

All of the above and much more is compressed in or removed 7 years of DCnU timeline. It is 7 years by the way because Joker we know debuts 6 years ago. Considering every Joker origin requires Batman to be around for a while this expands his history to 7 years. All other heroes debut 5ish years ago after Superman...

Oh by the way pre-Flashpoint timelines is largely established by what is called Robin Time. We know various numbers because they have been expressly stated about or they can be extrapolated from one of the Robins. Notice that Tim Drake stopped going to school after shortly after War Games...Assuming Tim was 13 in year 13 in year 19 he'd be 19. Considering NML where he missed a year, and the times he transferred that's about right for the age he should be at that time.

#24 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

It's kinda' hard to believe that Batman's been at it 23 years...

#25 Edited by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

@Durakken said:

@batflasharrow96 said:

@Durakken: Uhh...how?

How what? You didn't quote anything and how doesn't refer to anything so how am i supposed to answer?

As to your pre-reboot age for Bruce. You are woefully mistaken as is most people.

Year 0 = Superman's Debut

Year 1 = Batman: Year One (Batman debuts at age 25)

Year 2 = Joker's Debut

Year 3 = Dick Grayson at age 12 debuting as Robin and the JLA with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman forms

Between year 3 and 4 Batwoman I and Bat-Girl debuts

Year 4 = Barbara at age 16 debuts as Batgirl and Teen Titans form

Year 5 = Guy Gardner becomes GL

Year 6 = JLA get satellite HQ

Year 7 = Teen Titans disband. Ra's first encounter

Year 8 = Titans reform, Barbara elected to congress

Year 9 = Titans disband, Dick and Bruce part ways, Titans reform

Year 10 = Batman leaves JLA and forms Outsiders

Year 11 = Dick becomes Nightwing, Jason debuts as Robin II, Crisis on Infinite Earths

Year 12 = Killing Joke happens and Death in the Family happens

Year 13 = Barbara becomes Oracle, Tim becomes Robin III, Death of Superman... Bruce is 38 at this point

Year 14 = Reign of Supermen, Knight Saga, Kyle Rayner debuts as GL, and Zero Hour

Year 15 = Contagion and Cataclysm and Final Night

Year 16 = No Man's Land which debuts Cassandra Cain who becomes Batgirl III (Huntress is Batgirl II)

Year 17 = Lex becomes President

Year 18 = Bruce framed for Murder

Year 19 = HUSH, War Games, Identity Crisis

Year 20/21 = Infinite Crisis (Bruce is age 45) and 52 occurs... the starting point is mid year.

Year 22 = Batman RIP, Final Crisis, Battle for the Cowl.

Year 23 = Dick as Robin and Tim as Red Robin

Year 24 = Flashpoint... Bruce is between 49 and 51 at this point depending on when his birthday is (In February) and when Flashpoint happens...and whether age 25 was at the beginning of Year one or at the end... Because it takes place over the course of a year.

All of the above and much more is compressed in or removed 7 years of DCnU timeline. It is 7 years by the way because Joker we know debuts 6 years ago. Considering every Joker origin requires Batman to be around for a while this expands his history to 7 years. All other heroes debut 5ish years ago after Superman...

Oh by the way pre-Flashpoint timelines is largely established by what is called Robin Time. We know various numbers because they have been expressly stated about or they can be extrapolated from one of the Robins. Notice that Tim Drake stopped going to school after shortly after War Games...Assuming Tim was 13 in year 13 in year 19 he'd be 19. Considering NML where he missed a year, and the times he transferred that's about right for the age he should be at that time.

@Durakken: Sorry if I annoyed you.....I don't usually quote things because (I could be wrong and if I am,I apologize) they appear replied in your inbox to a certain comment. I didn't know that annoys people that much. I meant Damian being 14 and how it's "obvious". I was just confused on why you think so. I really appreciate this reply you gave me but I feel a bit stupid, I don't understand it, lol. I feel guilty if you give me another long reply (not because I won't read it, I love long comments). You don't have to explain if you don't want, obviously. I haven't thought much about the ages in the DCnU because I really disagree with most things to do with it and I consider mainstream DC continuity the pre-revamp DC. I too am obsessed with how old who everyone is, lol, regardless of all the complications mentioned in comics because half the writers just guess.

#26 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

@batflasharrow96 said:

@Durakken: Sorry if I annoyed you.....I don't usually quote things because (I could be wrong and if I am,I apologize) they appear replied in your inbox to a certain comment. I didn't know that annoys people that much. I meant Damian being 14 and how it's "obvious". I was just confused on why you think so. I really appreciate this reply you gave me but I feel a bit stupid, I don't understand it, lol. I feel guilty if you give me another long reply (not because I won't read it, I love long comments). You don't have to explain if you don't want, obviously. I haven't thought much about the ages in the DCnU because I really disagree with most things to do with it and I consider mainstream DC continuity the pre-revamp DC. I too am obsessed with how old who everyone is, lol, regardless of all the complications mentioned in comics because half the writers just guess.

This is a problem of you not reading what i said properly and mixed up a few things. what I said was...

Damian is obviously no older than 5 years old.

because Ra's only took interest in Bruce after he became Batman and proved himself which was not in what I call Year 0 (Batman: Year One)

Year 1 is when he was proving himself and Year 2 is 5 years ago so >.> Damian is 5 years old at max.

Damian had his age artificially increased by some method we don't know.

I did put up a 14 with a question mark. I don't know how old Damian is physically, but he looks more like a pre-teen(11/12), young teen, than a 10 year old to me. If we base it on his previous origin which is that Talia and Bruce made him the old fashioned way then Son of Demon took place in 1987, same year as CoIE (Beginning of Year 11) which means Damian would have been Year 11 or Year 12.... 24 - 11/12 = 13/12. So he is more likely 12 or 13 from the way he looks and where in the time line he was conceived...

As far as ages and chronology... you might find this fascinating

http://dcu.smartmemes.com/

#27 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

@Durakken: Yeah, that kind of makes sense(to me anyway). Was it said that he had been artificially aged in a recent issue of Batman and Robin or is this an idea you've come up with? Btw, thanks for the link but i've been there before. I don't love. Possibly just because I prefer working it out on my own, lol, it gets me thinking. Still though, I appreciate the help :)

#28 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daveyo520 said:

He is *cough* years old.

Best. Answer. Ever.

#29 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

@batflasharrow96 said:

@Durakken: Yeah, that kind of makes sense(to me anyway). Was it said that he had been artificially aged in a recent issue of Batman and Robin or is this an idea you've come up with? Btw, thanks for the link but i've been there before. I don't love. Possibly just because I prefer working it out on my own, lol, it gets me thinking. Still though, I appreciate the help :)

It's in the comics somewhere... there is a thread somewhere complaining about how Morrison ruined Damian by making him like that too >.> I don't know if they ever say he was artificially aged, but at this point given that they wouldn't have gone to the trouble pre-5 years ago, it's the only way to get around Damian existing and being older than 5.

#30 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

@Durakken: Yeah, I'm not sure if that happened in comics but I don't really mind. It would help make sense, kind of. He was artificially "Grown" in a tube thing which is weird but whatever. I kind of like the idea of putting Son of the Demon in continuity but changing it slightly here and there, like Batman not knowing about any pregnancy and stuff like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.