Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23621 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman what's really in his utility belt...

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfrazer

So I'm looking through some battles, different characters and the like and every time a Batman one comes up comments seem to come and say he has "this, this and this" in his utility belt...when said item has only been used like...1 or 2 times and yet the OP has it as standard gear.

So...I mean correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't standard gear suppose to be something that a person uses on a regular basis?

I get it that in certain stories, Bats usually is carrying something to fight against a particular opponent for that instance....but I don't think that would be considered standard equipment if he's only used it all of like....1 time.

So shouldn't his standard equipment be something like...

- Batarangs

- Flashbangs

- Grapple Hook

- Explosive Batarangs

- Plastic Explosives(he uses that regularly right?)

- Smoke grenades

For battles and the battles with prep time, he can then access to some of his other gadgets/items?

? Serious answers please, cause I wanna try to figure this out.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

Pocket universe full of bat gadgets.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are far more than that Tasers, acid batrangs, heated batarangs, electric batrangs, sonar, freeze pellets, the rebreather and analgesic gas should all be considered. There are more than I am missing but I have seen Batman using those without expecting any enemy that will require those items.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: Eh I was just going off of memory of what for the most part various people bring up, if he uses all those regularly then yeah that's good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only things he uses regularly are batarangs, smoke/gas, and his grappling hook. There's no set list of stuff that's counts as standard gear for batman. No matter who he's fighting, he always happens to have something in his belt to help. "Standard gear" is something people on the internet came up with. Comic writers have the freedom to use anything anytime they want.

Also the amount of times something is used shouldn't be the only way to tell. If he used something without prep, then I'd say it could be considered standard. There's tons of awesome stuff he has that he doesn't use regularly and it'd be a shame to not be able to use it in a battle because he only used it a few times. There's his laser, the small tasers in his fingers, darts that shoot from his wrist, even a flashlight, that's all only been used a few times, but I would still consider it standard.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.