Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23648 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman vs Robin

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Kidd

It was surprisingly well much better than Son of Batman, I thought the mixing of Court of Owls and Born to Kill would of been a complete fail. The best or worst thing was creating a new villain for the story instead of using and probably butchering Cobb or Nobody. What did you think?

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Just got done watching it at a friends house. I guess it got leaked. Anyways that movie was not for me. I honestly couldn't wait for it be over with. Then again I felt that way about the last few DC animated movies......

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Kidd

@judasnixon: To me all of the N52 animated movies range from horrible to mediocre but I kind of liked this one because of my low expectation I had towards it.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@the_kidd: It's a hell of a lot better than Son of Batman..... I give you that.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

It was...a disappointment. Life sucks.

It's actually a lot better than I thought.

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was better than Son of Batman, JL War, & JL Throne of Atlantis for sure. Which doesn't really say much, but at least its better than those movies. The only thing I still can't get my mind around is how overpowered Damian is.

GLEmerald924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judasnixon: agreed. They need to take the Young Justice Universe and make it their official animated universe. Maybe add some things from the New52.

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judasnixon: agreed. They need to take the Young Justice Universe and make it their official animated universe. Maybe add some things from the New52.

That Universe is dead. Let's leave it alone.

GLEmerald924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nybreezy: no. Like the Simpsons it can never die.

If not that, then they can reboot their animated universe and create an all new one based on the new52 with YJ elements.

NYBreezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nybreezy: no. Like the Simpsons it can never die.

If not that, then they can reboot their animated universe and create an all new one based on the new52 with YJ elements.

It died like 2 years ago though. The Simpsons is still running and its on its 26th season. YJ just lasted 2 seasons.

But I understand what you are saying though. The quality of YJ implanted to this new animated universe. But you have to understand that they already rebooted their animated universe and this is what we got from it: Son of Batman, JL War, JL Throne of Atlantis, and Batman vs Robin. The first three I mention sucks, Batman vs Robin was sub-par, and the best that has came out was Batman: Assault on Arkham, but that isn't part of the new animated universe so that really tells you something about New 52.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nybreezy: Yup.\

UtRH was such a perfect film, it's mind-boggling to me they didn't mine more celebrated pre-crisis stories.

Imagine an Identity Crisis film, a WW3 film, a War Games or Hush film....

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just like like all the movies since war it is complete garbage

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Just watched it, and hum, well i'd say that it was better done than Robin: The Son Of Batman, at all levels.

Specially at the fighting scenes, at least, no fight here ended in 5 seconds, like when Batman lol-curb-stomped Deathstroke...but Damian is a bit overpowered in both movies, which is to be expected, since this movies are about him afterall.

Also i find interesting that The Talon could have killed everyone but choosed not too, he had Damian at his mercy 4 times, Nightwing at his mercy once, and Batman at his mercy twice, but choosed not to...ironically, the only time that he actually killed someone important in this movie, (besides the grand-master) was when he comitted suicide... this level of bada$$ery and unstoppability, this is how Deathstroke should have been portrayed in the first movie, and not like a walking joke, like he was in the first movie.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@lordofthenorth said:

Just like like all the movies since war it is complete garbage

Well, at least, it was better than the first Robin movie (Son Of Batman).

@jaken7: thoughts, on this movie?

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

52 Animated Movie = Trash.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By OrangeBat

You know how some people complain that Damian is a Marty-Stu?

If this and Son of Batman were their only exposures to the character, they'd actually have a point.

That being said, I'm getting used to the actor voicing Batman. I actually kind of like his slightly softer intonation.

Although my ideal version is Roger Craig Smith or that guy from Beware The Batman.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
    NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

I finished seeing it at Wondercon just now. I loved it just like I did the first one. It was so awesome. Damian was damn powerful in this movie

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Black_Arrow

I like it better than the others but It wasn't really that good.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I finished seeing it at Wondercon just now. I loved it just like I did the first one. It was so awesome. Damian was damn powerful in this movie

Well I hated Son of Batman,JL War and Throne of Atlantis and I was the first to informally review SOB,I think I gave it 3/10. But this movie was so much superior than all 3 put together that it's not even funny.

Good:

A badass villain,Talon was awesome,he was a good character, had a good story, he was deadly and all around done exceptionally well. He was the true highlight of this movie,and I actually dont care for any Talon from the comics at all.

Like UTRH this movie actually improved the source material,the idiotic twist with Lincoln was avoided, the motivations of the Court,their actions,back story,inclusion in to Batman's world etc was done far more organically than in the original story line, they meshed Court of Owls incredibly well with Born to Kill and even managed to introduce some of Morrison's beats,it could have been a disaster but they succeeded.

Fantastic fight sequences, the combat was choreographed incredibly well, the fights were believable, pleasing to watch and had you on the edge of your seat.

The story and characterization were pretty good overall. It focused exclusively on Batman and Robin's father/son dynamic,Damian's need for acceptance, his struggle against his own nature etc. In short it did what SOB should've done.

Voice acting was much better,still not quite there yet but seemed organic this time around.

Bad:

They should've shown Bruce's escape from the Courts clutches.

8/10

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

You know how some people complain that Damian is a Marty-Stu?

If this and Son of Batman were their only exposures to the character, they'd actually have a point.

That being said, I'm getting used to the actor voicing Batman. I actually kind of like his slightly softer intonation.

Although my ideal version is Roger Craig Smith or that guy from Beware The Batman.

Eh Bruce even said Damian was NOT a 10 year old,he just looks like one. SOB Damian was definitely a Marty Stu,this one was nowhere close to being one. If he was then he'd have punked Talon and the Court by himself and told Batman he was jjust messing with him to get inside the Court.

NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman vs Robin was great. I got to see more of Damian kick ass and Batman got more action scenes in this movie. I feel sorry for you if you actually didn't enjoy it as much as I did, especially as I'm a fan of Batman and Damian

NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NinjaWarrior268

@entropy_aegis: I agree with you about the Court of Owls having been done better. I loved Talon in this one. I'm glad he was not Bruce's brother or Dick's great grandfather. He was a sympathetic character and I felt something for him even as he died.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Black_Arrow

@ninjawarrior268 said:

@black_arrow said:

Batman vs Robin was great. I got to see more of Damian kick ass and Batman got more action scenes in this movie. I feel sorry for you if you actually didn't enjoy it as much as I did, especially as I'm a fan of Batman and Damian

I rewatch again yesterday after commenting and It's better than a give it credit for. At least it's good animated movie and it's stronger in some points that the other New 52 animated films failed.

Tikbaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Tikbaz

I figure I'll put in my two cents here as well. Be forewarned, as there will be a spoilers in my post.

It was better than the last three animated new 52 movies combined, as others have mentioned prior, but it still wasn't great. While I have to accept what happens on screen because it happened, I personally don't understand how Damian beat Nightwing, fought close to evenly with his father Bruce, and defeated Talon when Bruce and Dick were unable to. Damian is a little too overpowered in this universe for my taste.

Bruce should be the all around best fighter, but here, it seems as if Damian is. Dick should be the most agile, but I saw no distinctions between his level of agility and Bruce's or Damian's. Damian, while exceptionally well trained and advanced for a child, I feel as if he should be the least capable member of the team overall. However, in this universe, he clearly isn't.

When the Court attacked the Manor and the cave, it really seemed too easy, considering the defenses were on. Talon being able to operate the Batmobile? Pretty ridiculous. Were there no intruder fail-safe systems in place?

Nightwing can't seem to get a win in this world. He lost a sparring match to Damian, he lost to random fodder talons in the manor, and he lost to the actual Talon in the cave. Richard is pretty worthless here, and that's unfortunate.

Bruce's ability to shrug off injury via legendary pain tolerance and endurance seemed to just go away as he fought with Talon. I'm sure I've seen him fight through much worse than being stabbed and continue on to achieve the win. Instead, it was set up for Damian to be the hero. I have no problem with Robin rescuing Batman, that's how the game goes, but I felt that Bruce went down entirely too fast. At least he had a better showing than Nightwing...

Voice work. Don't tease me with Conroy like that. It makes it that much more difficult for me to accept this other guy as Batman. Weird Al was pretty good as the Dollmaker. Very creepy. The gentleman who played the voice of Talon was the highlight, I believe. Best voice work and acting out of the group in my opinion. Damian, sounds like a kid, I guess. I think he could have used a little more direction. Some of his inflection didn't quite sound right, IMO.

Animation throughout was very clean. Overall very good. Also, while I might not have appreciated how some of the battles turned out (anything with Nightwing in it...he should be better than he is portrayed here), the action sequences themselves were very well done. High paced, believably executed frenetic action animation.

Last few niggling gripes: Why not show Batman escape from the maze? Robin is more dangerous than anybody else in this universe (even Deathstroke). Some of the cursing throughout just doesn't sound believable (I've had this issue through all the new 52 animated offerings... watch something like Belly, Ransom, or Boys In The Hood for swearing in an organic, natural way).

Overall, I didn't hate it. I liked it, and will purchase it when the 14th hits. But out of ten, I'd probably only give it a 6.5 or 7. It's no Mask Of The Phantasm, Under The Red Hood, Batman Beyond Return Of The Joker, or The Dark Knight Returns.

spidershamrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my God, this film sucked. Too many overpowered people, too many stab wounds to count, a plot that makes little to no sense and just generally annoying personalities.

I'm not watching these Batman animated films anymore, they're not good and just annoy me.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

@tikbaz said:

I figure I'll put in my two cents here as well. Be forewarned, as there will be a spoilers in my post.

It was better than the last three animated new 52 movies combined, as others have mentioned prior, but it still wasn't great. While I have to accept what happens on screen because it happened, I personally don't understand how Damian beat Nightwing, fought close to evenly with his father Bruce, and defeated Talon when Bruce and Dick were unable to. Damian is a little too overpowered in this universe for my taste.

Bruce should be the all around best fighter, but here, it seems as if Damian is. Dick should be the most agile, but I saw no distinctions between his level of agility and Bruce's or Damian's. Damian, while exceptionally well trained and advanced for a child, I feel as if he should be the least capable member of the team overall. However, in this universe, he clearly isn't.

When the Court attacked the Manor and the cave, it really seemed too easy, considering the defenses were on. Talon being able to operate the Batmobile? Pretty ridiculous. Were there no intruder fail-safe systems in place?

Nightwing can't seem to get a win in this world. He lost a sparring match to Damian, he lost to random fodder talons in the manor, and he lost to the actual Talon in the cave. Richard is pretty worthless here, and that's unfortunate.

Bruce's ability to shrug off injury via legendary pain tolerance and endurance seemed to just go away as he fought with Talon. I'm sure I've seen him fight through much worse than being stabbed and continue on to achieve the win. Instead, it was set up for Damian to be the hero. I have no problem with Robin rescuing Batman, that's how the game goes, but I felt that Bruce went down entirely too fast. At least he had a better showing the Nightwing...

Voice work. Don't tease me with Conroy like that. It makes it that much more difficult for me to accept this other guy as Batman. Weird Al was pretty good as the Dollmaker. Very creepy. The gentleman who played the voice of Talon was the highlight, I believe. Best voice work and acting out of the group in my opinion. Damian, sounds like a kid, I guess. I think he could have used a little more direction. Some of his inflection didn't quite sound right, IMO.

Animation throughout was very clean. Overall very good. Also, while I might not have appreciated how some of the battles turned out (anything with Nightwing in it...he should be better than he is portrayed here), the action sequences themselves were very well done. High paced, believably executed frenetic action animation.

Last few niggling gripes: Why not show Batman escape from the maze? Robin is more dangerous than anybody else in this universe (even Deathstroke). Some of the cursing throughout just doesn't sound believable (I've had this issue through all the new 52 animated offerings... watch something like Belly, Ransom, or Boys In The Hood for swearing in an organic, natural way).

Overall, I didn't hate it. I liked it, and will purchase it when the 14th hits. But out of ten, I'd probably only give it a 6.5 or 7. It's no Mask Of The Phantasm, Under The Red Hood, Batman Beyond Return Of The Joker, or The Dark Knight Returns.

Honesltly, i see alot of people saying that Nightwing jobbed on this movie, and i really didn't feel like it...first of all, yes, Damian was overpowered in this movie, just like he was on the first movie (son of Batman) which (let's face it) is to be expected, he's the main start of these movies, they are about him...second of all, Nightwing didn't lost to Damian, he stallemated Damian, because when the fight ended, neither was beaten badly, neither was K.O'ed, neither had given up, etc, they just stopped fighting, after Dick fel on the chair...also, Nightwing had the fight won, when he pushed Damian to the windown, which is why he started with that small talk, about him being Batman's son, and Dick isn't, to try to get in-side of his head, which apparently worked, anyway he didn't won, grantted that he ended up looking better, but he didn't won.

Also, Nightwing didn't lost against the talons, there were lots of them, it wasn't exactly a 1-on-1 fight, and it was exactly "fair-let's-see-who-the-best-is" either, since the talons are dead, and they can't be put down, like a normal human being can...also, Nightwing didn't got K.O'ed, neither did he gave up, neither did he died.

And finally, Nightwing did lost to Talon, so? who didn't?...Talon had Damian at his mercy 4 times!...Batman at his mercy twice...and Nightwing at his mercy once...he didn't killed them because he didn't wantted too, Damian had a brief moment when he managed to put him on a defensless position, which was pretty much the only time througout the whole movie where Talon was on such position...before, that, Talon could had killed Damian when he called him a liar and said that Batman was right, but he didn't...he also made a sport, out of knocking Damian down against the steel bars of that small cage, then again he could have killed him when he passed out but didn't...on the final fight, he effortlessy put Damian down, and could have killed him, but he didn't wantted too...he also could had killed Batman, but he waitted too long...Nightwing managed to put up a decent fight against Talon, who actually praised his skills, by saying: "you would be a great talon", (i think those were his exact words)...so yeah, Nightwing could and should have been better portrayed, but it wasn't nearly as bad, as everyone is claiming.

Tikbaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc: I will presume nothing, instead I will ask for clarification from you; did you feel as if Grayson was shown to be anywhere near the level of badass that he should have been? Was he portrayed nearly as good as Bruce and Damian were shown to be? I read your response to my post, then watched the movie again just to make sure I didn't miss something, but I wasn't impressed with his portrayal in the least.

I don't see Damian and Dick's sparring match as a stalemate. At the end, Nightwing landed on his backside because of Damian. Had that chair not been there, he would have landed with his butt on the floor. Damian was still standing and sassing him after that moment. Damian walked away like a winner, as if he proved what he needed to prove. I know neither one of them were serious, but still, I've always been of the mindset that the last man standing wins, and Damian was it. We'll have to agree to disagree, but sparring or otherwise, that's a loss in my book.

You're right, Nightwing was not knocked out fighting the talons, but he was incapacitated via throwing daggers in all of his limbs, requiring aid and assistance from Bruce. Mind you, I'm not saying that it's bad to need help, Bruce needed help at several different moments throughout the film as well, but I still feel as if he wasn't contributing as much as he should have before being placed in jeopardy. I'll say it wasn't a loss, but it wasn't really impressive either. Just my two cents.

You're right, everyone lost to Talon at some point. Including Dick. I wasn't saying that he should have won against him, I was just mentioning that throughout the movie, Dick didn't ever have any wins. No "Holy crap, Nightwing is a Boss!" type of moments. This particular battle was his most impressive effort in the whole film in my opinion, but he, just like Bruce, seemed to have been taken out too quickly by Talon, so that Damian meta human Wayne could win.

Also, I just wanted to add to your points about not being k.o.ed. Just because an individual retains consciousness does not mean that they did not lose a fight. I remember reading a Punisher comic some years ago where he and Wolverine had a short little fight. It ended with Logan on his belly, steamroller crushing his legs, pinning him in place, and Logan's face blown off via shotgun. He didn't give up, he didn't die, and he still wanted to kill Castle, but he was unable to continue due to the steamroller, and Punisher was the last man standing. We may have differing opinions on the matter, but a loss is a loss in my eyes.

Anyway, I'm glad you like the movie, so did I, just wish other things had played out a little different. But you know how it is, us comic lovers can never be pleased 100 percent of the time; we'll always find something to complain about.

Peace.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tikbaz said:

@bat_girl_cc: I will presume nothing, instead I will ask for clarification from you; did you feel as if Grayson was shown to be anywhere near the level of badass that he should have been? Was he portrayed nearly as good as Bruce and Damian were shown to be? I read your response to my post, then watched the movie again just to make sure I didn't miss something, but I wasn't impressed with his portrayal in the least.

Well, the thing is, Dick here, was a side-character...the movie is called Batman vs Robin...so yeah, Bruce and Damian would always look better than Nightwing...on Under The Red Hood, Nightwing was also a side-character, and both Bruce and Jason looked better than Nightwing...and he all know who would win in a fight, in the comics...Dick would, and already has beaten Jason, and Damian has failed to beat even Tim Drake.

I don't see Damian and Dick's sparring match as a stalemate. At the end, Nightwing landed on his backside because of Damian. Had that chair not been there, he would have landed with his butt on the floor. Damian was still standing and sassing him after that moment. Damian walked away like a winner, as if he proved what he needed to prove. I know neither one of them were serious, but still, I've always been of the mindset that the last man standing wins, and Damian was it. We'll have to agree to disagree, but sparring or otherwise, that's a loss in my book.

Fair Enough.

You're right, Nightwing was not knocked out fighting the talons, but he was incapacitated via throwing daggers in all of his limbs, requiring aid and assistance from Bruce. Mind you, I'm not saying that it's bad to need help, Bruce needed help at several different moments throughout the film as well, but I still feel as if he wasn't contributing as much as he should have before being placed in jeopardy. I'll say it wasn't a loss, but it wasn't really impressive either. Just my two cents.

Batman got owned by the talons on his first fight against them, and he only looked as good as he did, because of his gear and gadgets, he was literally "bombing" them to death, Hand-to-Hand-wise, i don't think that Nightwing looked that bad...also, he was "hurt" via daggers...not beaten up.

You're right, everyone lost to Talon at some point. Including Dick. I wasn't saying that he should have won against him, I was just mentioning that throughout the movie, Dick didn't ever have any wins. No "Holy crap, Nightwing is a Boss!" type of moments. This particular battle was his most impressive effort in the whole film in my opinion, but he, just like Bruce, seemed to have been taken out too quickly by Talon, so that Damian meta human Wayne could win.

I already adressed the fact that Damian was overpowered (for his own movies!) that much was obvious that it would happen.

As for the rest, fair enough.

Also, I just wanted to add to your points about not being k.o.ed. Just because an individual retains consciousness does not mean that they did not lose a fight. I remember reading a Punisher comic some years ago where he and Wolverine had a short little fight. It ended with Logan on his belly, steamroller crushing his legs, pinning him in place, and Logan's face blown off via shotgun. He didn't give up, he didn't die, and he still wanted to kill Castle, but he was unable to continue due to the steamroller, and Punisher was the last man standing. We may have differing opinions on the matter, but a loss is a loss in my eyes.

I agree, and i should had been more clear, Nightwing landed tons of hits on Damian, and he also landed some hits on Talon, it wasn't a stomp, they both got tagged, they both got hit, on Nightwing vs Robin, Dick even had the upper-hand until Damian started with his small talk, and Nightwing lost to Talon, just like everyone else lost to Talon.

Anyway, I'm glad you like the movie, so did I, just wish other things had played out a little different. But you know how it is, us comic lovers can never be pleased 100 percent of the time; we'll always find something to complain about.

Peace.

It's all cool man, i just wantted to give my thoughts on this, because i see so many people upset about Nightwing having jobbed on this movie (grantted that he could have and should have, been better portrayed) and i just didn't felt that way.

Peace.

Tikbaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc: Displaying civility during a discussion seems so rare these days. Thank you for being both understanding and informative. You've articulated you're thoughts well, and I dig the dope you're smoking.

You're alright with me fellow Bat clan fan!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This was a snoozefest.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tikbaz said:

@bat_girl_cc: Displaying civility during a discussion seems so rare these days. Thank you for being both understanding and informative. You've articulated you're thoughts well, and I dig the dope you're smoking.

You're alright with me fellow Bat clan fan!

Thanks, you're welcome! :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.