Batman vs............

#1 Posted by Rockafella220 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, i just realize that Batman is utterly outmatched by everyone who is above a street level hero. Which is fine by me b/c after all, he is only human.............

What galls me is the fact that there are those who continue to make ridiculous battle threads where he is facing someone godlike like i dont know....Superman.

Or when he faces a stronger opponent like Spiderman or BlackPanther. (vibranium suit B.S always seems to give BP an upperhand over Batman)

....... is it just me or do people do this out of spite (which may be due to the fact that ppl will use the prep excuse for any batman victory, which i find annoying. "Oh, he can beat anyone with prep"...gimme a break)

So here is my question

1.) Should Batman no longer be in battle discussions? i can no longer determine if a Batman win is legit or not due to the "prep time" excuse

2.) If he should still be discussed in a battle forum, how can we ensure an even fight? (without prep time)

Just want to say, no matter how he is depicted in Comic vine, he will always be my favorite character to read b/c of how he overcomes obstacles with willpower alone. If anyone read Knightfall (sure all of you did) you know what im talking about :)

#2 Posted by Joygirl (18686 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins.

#3 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rockafella220 said:

he will always be my favorite character to read b/c of how he overcomes obstacles with willpower alone.

I think you just answered your own question :D?

oh...and maybe half an hour prep :D

#4 Posted by DarKnightNoir (44 posts) - - Show Bio

The point is that Batman's "homework" that he gives himself constantly is to study any sort of threat, or potential threat. He's considered all of these fights in his cave, sitting around making sure that he's ready for anything.

Batman has zero idle time.

#5 Posted by RedLanternRage81 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

its not the prep time alone, hes a off the chart hand to hand combatant......with a astonishing array of gadgets and weapons. he did take superman on.....and lived.

#6 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

....and lived.... indeed!

#7 Posted by Whodid (73 posts) - - Show Bio

If you want a way to say he wins because of prep time, and make it fair, the person should explain how he prepares for the fight, and why that would give him the edge to win. Rather than he wins because of prep time, so really all that's lacking is a good explanation.

#8 Posted by DarKnightNoir (44 posts) - - Show Bio

If I were as intelligent as Batman, I'd let you know. Part of what's so intriguing about Batman is that he doesn't always have to make sense to me, because he transcends sense with badassery.

#9 Posted by FatihBATMAN (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

agreed, or like in animes, where the villains says his plan just before attacking...

#10 Posted by roboadmiral (538 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that if you say Batman wins due to prep you should have some sort of idea about what he's doing with his time (he's not just sitting and thinking really hard). But, strategy is pretty much Batman's superpower. He's crazy good at it. Throwing him into a fight with anyone above street level without it is like fielding anyone else without their primary superpower. Think Spiderman without super agility or Wolverine without healing factor.

#11 Posted by gotwillpower (679 posts) - - Show Bio

Answering your que@Rockafella220 said:

1.) Should Batman no longer be in battle discussions? i can no longer determine if a Batman win is legit or not due to the "prep time" excuse

2.) If he should still be discussed in a battle forum, how can we ensure an even fight? (without prep time)

1. The battle forum should be light-hearted. I think the problem is that too many people go there looking for a serious discussion. It's not like we can definitively state one hero beats another every fight (or even the majority of fights). People should just spout out their opinions in the interest of creativity, rather than make each fight a debate to be won.

2. An even fight? If he's against Galactus, the point of the thread is not to have an even fight.

#12 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

If it were such a huge problem, I'd say that for the sake of the battle discussion, just remove his availability to prep time. Just set up a situation like when heroes fight when they meet in comics. There are a lot of reasons that people still give Batman an edge against powered people. 1) He's beaten people and entities vastly stronger than him many times. 2) Some people really glance over the role that the combination of intellect and strategy can play. See, even without prep time, Batman can keep most fights on his terms just because he can process his environment and opponent so quickly. Batman's mind is so advanced, it is practically a super power. That being said, people do overplay those elements, and match him up with people he would never fair well against.

My biggest issue with Batman battles, and this is just an meager opinion, is that people dismiss him out of hand against people like Flash, Superman, and Spiderman. Yeah, match them up power wise, and Batman is screwed. They all have the power to shatter his bones into powder, but it would be insanely out of character for them. When you factor in personalities, Batman could hold his own against super powered beings with the Batman gambit (ie: Besting Darkseid by rigging Apocalypse to blow). To me, this is the epitome of how far he'll go for his cause. He'll take chances other heroes won't. Can Batman beat Superman in hand to hand combat without prep time? Not a chance in hell. But Batman can best Superman by compromising innocent lives, because he'll take that risk knowing how Superman will react.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.