Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman Villains for Batman 3 Gotham Knight

JakeWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By JakeWayne

personally i think the two best villains to go with the new film would be the Riddler and Catwoman. Nolan has created a new realistic Gotham and to introduce super-powered villains would ruin the trilogy. characters like Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Bane, Mad Hatter, Killer Croc and so on would place the movies back in the Tim Burton era and I'm sure we'd all glad we escaped that realm and hope never to return. Nolan should try and incorporate villains like the Penguin or the Red Hood. (of course since the joker doesn't seem likely to return i suppose he couldn't do Red Hood.) or even Hush could keep the dark knight essence to the story. if you agree or disagree please leave a comment below.

Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Sydpart2

I think Bane could be done very realistically. If you do some research on power lifters in prison you'll see that there are guys who can lift up to 600 pounds. Just imagine if one of those guys used steroids! Now obviously the whole tube delivery system would have to go (which it basically has for him since the no man's land arc) but if Bane was an escaped convict power lifter on major roids who took false adrenaline before fights (just so we could have a nod to the characters roots) he'd be a major threat and not a far stretch from the imagination. I think a Riddler and Bane (with Bane being of average intelligence able to maniuplate bats but not find out who he is) team up for the next movie would be awesome. Because imo we haven't gotten to see this Batman pushed to his mental and physical limits, imagine how damn cool it'd be to see both at once!

Avatar image for alwaysthedetective
    Alwaysthedetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I second Bane.  It would be great for Batman to have a real physical challenge and I think it is something Chris Nolan would relish.  I don't think Batman's physical prowess has been fully explored.  They were doing so with Ras but I think we need to see more of this side of Batman.  My favourite fight so far has to be Batman and Ras at the end of Batman Begins.   TDK was a slight let down (don't shoot me please) in the combat department.

I really wonder how the whole Catwoman thing would plan out.  I am not as enthusiaistic as many are on here about Catwoman's potential inclusion.  I just hope any - and somewhat inevitable - romance element would not ruin the story line like it did with Spider-man (for me anyway). 

Jonathan Nolan has already said there will be no Mr. Freeze and I really don't see Poison Ivy or Killer Croc fitting into Nolan's world. 

By the way OP I agree with your suggestion of Hush: he has that sinister presence about him.  We know Nolan likes to adopt parts of the comics so a Riddler / Hush combination would be good.  Sorry to sound pedantic OP but do you not mean Joel Schumacher instead of Burton?

yankeemanf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By yankeemanf
    @Sydpart2 said:
    " I think Bane could be done very realistically. If you do some research on power lifters in prison you'll see that there are guys who can lift up to 600 pounds. Just imagine if one of those guys used steroids! Now obviously the whole tube delivery system would have to go (which it basically has for him since the no man's land arc) but if Bane was an escaped convict power lifter on major roids who took false adrenaline before fights (just so we could have a nod to the characters roots) he'd be a major threat and not a far stretch from the imagination. I think a Riddler and Bane (with Bane being of average intelligence able to maniuplate bats but not find out who he is) team up for the next movie would be awesome. Because imo we haven't gotten to see this Batman pushed to his mental and physical limits, imagine how damn cool it'd be to see both at once! "
    this is exactly what i think as well and i think that The Riddler should be played By Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Bane should be played by Javier Bardem.
    Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#4  Edited By Dracade102

I Want Jervis Tetch as a Side Villain, if that's not asking too much... Or hell, even The Ventriloquist + Scarface, Even if they only get a Cameo like Zsasz did...

Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sydpart2
    @yankeemanf:
    See I'm thinking Hugh Laurie and  the guy who plays the Great Kalhi on WWE(F?) to do the physical acting for Bane and have  Antonio Banderas as the voice, would work great if Kahli kept the mask on the whole time.
    ombla2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ombla2

i think that like the first 2 films there should be 2 villains
    In Batman Begins:  Ra's al Ghul and  Scarecrow
    In Dark Knight:  The Joker and Two-Face
    In the 3rd movie:  Hush or Black Mask and Bane

sambow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By sambow

hush, riddler, killer croc
    Noelieboats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Noelieboats

I think the riddler could be done in a cool dark way. Not clad in question mark spandex rather an anarchist playing a game that centres around batman. I mean the only thing that is really needed is riddles. You couldn't possibly call him edward enigma and maybe just have him known as nothing other than riddler same way joker was never identified.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

Mad Hatter and Riddler, i hate Tim Burton universe, it was a generic Tim Burton movie.

AngieRoseWen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AngieRoseWen

After reading the Jokers Asylum Killer Croc issue, I found a special place in my heart for Croc. I would like to see him, but I doubt they would bring him in. I think Hush is more likely to appear.

DarkChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By DarkChris

I would love a combination of strong and psychotic villains.For strength I prefer Bane or Killer Croc.For something darker I prefer Hush,Hugo Strange or Mr. Pyg (WTF????) !!!I It would great to see Batman doing investigations,like a detective to find a crazy killer.Also there has to be a love interest,Catwoman or Talia Al Ghul (she could take revenge for her father).

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @AngieRoseWen said:
    " After reading the Jokers Asylum Killer Croc issue, I found a special place in my heart for Croc. I would like to see him, but I doubt they would bring him in. I think Hush is more likely to appear. "
    I don't think Hush is likely, but he'd get my vote. He is fitting for the part.
    AngieRoseWen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AngieRoseWen
    @ReverseNegative: Yeah, I would like to see Hush too. I was certain they would bring in the Riddler but I guess they won't be according to what was said. Maybe they will bring in Black Mask? I agree though, Hush would fit in well. He is an eerie character, and has a lot of potential.
    Avatar image for deadlywolverine
    DeadlyWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DeadlyWolverine

I'm fairly certain (hoping) we're going to see a variation of the mad hatter. But Black Mask or Hush would be good too.
    AngieRoseWen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AngieRoseWen
    @DeadlyWolverine: They could really make a creepy/cool Mad Hatter.
    Avatar image for deadlywolverine
    DeadlyWolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DeadlyWolverine
    @AngieRoseWen:
    Who will probably use hypnosis and brainwash young girls for trade. Something creepy like that. :)
    Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeadlyWolverine: Arkham Asylum + Batman TAS = Nolan Mad Hattter = Matthew Gray Gubler

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.