Batman v everyone else!

#1 Edited by Bezza (3719 posts) - - Show Bio

Imagine all the mainline DC characters are transported to a world where all those with super powers lose them immediately. Is there anyone who Batman couldn't defeat?!

I'm thinking Wonder Woman would still be a good match, as even without any super powers she has centuries of training as an Amazonian warrior behind her, which could cancel out Batman's martial arts training. Most of the others would be ko'd though.

#2 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman would be able to, for sure. Maybe Aquaman. Not sure about the rest.

#3 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6358 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Wwoman would be the closest match, but I think Batman would beat her.

#4 Posted by Akindoodle (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

Wonder Woman would be able to, for sure. Maybe Aquaman. Not sure about the rest.

That's what I say as well

#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29509 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman snaps his neck.

#6 Edited by Jayc1324 (12796 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman knows every martial art, and if she loses her powers there's no way she's stronger than batman, so he beats her too.

#7 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (11426 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman is immortal?

Immortals suck at fighting, sure they have all the experience on the world, but they never had to fight to the end and with everything they have, if they lose their powers they will lose.

#8 Posted by MasterDetective (840 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm prett sure he would not beat the entire justice league exept green lantern and aquaman

#9 Posted by RustyRoy (13237 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman would win.

#10 Posted by Pokeysteve (8414 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure what the OP means by mainstream? Are we talking just Justice League or just the most well known DC characters.

Bruce should be able to beat everyone in the League. He doesn't beat Cass Cain though.

And Wonder Woman has not had centuries of training and is not immortal.

#11 Edited by THEOCITYLEGEND (1235 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

I have seen greater H2H combat feats from Batman, and I think most would agree with me there.

#12 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@theocitylegend: Well, it's evident that Wonder Woman's the best hand to hand fighter on Earth and Aquaman was trained in Atlantis.

#13 Posted by RustyRoy (13237 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@theocitylegend: Well, it's evident that Wonder Woman's the best hand to hand fighter on Earth and Aquaman was trained in Atlantis.

Dude take away their superpowers and they are out of their comfort level, the way they used to fight with powers and the moves they can pull of using their superpowers, they can use those no longer.

#14 Posted by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

Cassandra Cain, Lady Shiva, Deathstroke, Wonder Woman will put up very good fights and could possibly win.

#15 Edited by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Wonder Woman was trained among Amazonians. She can fight with or without her powers. There's no doubt that Wonder Woman can beat Batman. Aquaman's different. He was trained underwater, where he's at his best. Most of his techniques involve swimming. However, Atlanteans are masters of hand to hand combat on and off of land. You mostly see him brawling because he's either fighting people who are a lot weaker, or a lot stronger. Aquaman would be at the same physical condition-if not better-as Batman. Aquaman's just as clever and skilled as Batman. He can adapt.

#16 Posted by Nerd Of A Hero (902 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve said:

Not sure what the OP means by mainstream? Are we talking just Justice League or just the most well known DC characters.

I sure like to know about this too. If it's just the people with superpowers alone then that affect the others who have technology at their side; Green Lantern, who's ring is based on tech, Hawk man, who's Nth metal grants him the ability to fly and use his mace, Michael Holt (Mr. Terrific) who too has a tactical mind and can use his T-Spheres to his advantage asa well as having some level skill of martial arts, then there's Lex Luther or Prometheus... don't need to go further than that.

If we're just talking about those with Martial arts skills then I have some in mind; Richard Dragon, Browse Tiger, Lady Shiva, GA Conner Hawke, Cassandra Cain Batgirl (who I heard that bettered Shiva), Black Canary, Huntress, and Deathstroke - if he doesn't have the enhancements I'm sure he'll put up quite a fight to some degree. Aqua man and Wonder Woman may come close due to their different fighting styles and abilities.

With all that being said, what do you think what would happen if they figured that Batman was too much one on one and all decided that they'll fight him all at the same time? Hehehe. It'll be a mess but it'll get the job done.

#17 Posted by UltimateJonathan (107 posts) - - Show Bio

The only one that can defeat Batman is Frank Miller.

#18 Posted by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman vs everyone else... at once?

Batman

#19 Posted by Jayc1324 (12796 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: batman can fight just as well as her, and knows more martial arts than her. She is limited to Amazonian styles. Also batman is used to fighting with precision more than her because most times she can just use her strength and speed to win fights

#20 Posted by RustyRoy (13237 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@rustyroy: Wonder Woman was trained among Amazonians. She can fight with or without her powers. There's no doubt that Wonder Woman can beat Batman. Aquaman's different. He was trained underwater, where he's at his best. Most of his techniques involve swimming. However, Atlanteans are masters of hand to hand combat on and off of land. You mostly see him brawling because he's either fighting people who are a lot weaker, or a lot stronger. Aquaman would be at the same physical condition-if not better-as Batman. Aquaman's just as clever and skilled as Batman. He can adapt.

You didn't understand me, I'm saying if they loose their power, it will hard for them to get used to their new body, it will be like fighting without using their hands and anyways Bruce is more skilled fighter than WW and AM and more experienced in that area.

#21 Posted by CHUCKY47 (254 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman would be the toughest challenge

#22 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people say WW would win, cause she was trained by the Amazons. That means Bruce's training is inferior? This guy knows every martial art and he's peak human. WW without her powers? Bruce has the advantage, I think he clears it.

#23 Posted by DarkKnight1939 (148 posts) - - Show Bio

Cassandra Cain, Lady Shiva, Deathstroke, Wonder Woman will put up very good fights and could possibly win.

Agreed. They're the only people whose fighting ability rivals Batman's. Interesting topic.

#24 Edited by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: @jayc1324: Oh, boy... I know what you were talking about, Rusty. WW and AM can adapt to it. They're also a lot faster than Batman. Another thing. Wonder Woman is not limited to anything. Her fighting style is beyond any Batman knows. Not just that, but she has more experience than Batman ever will. Also, Batman disagrees with you guys...
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/13/139614/2704051-tumblr_mcwednyyuy1rbg5awo1_500.png

#26 Edited by RustyRoy (13237 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@rustyroy:

@jayc1324:

Oh, boy... I know what you were talking about, Rusty. WW and AM can adapt to it. They're also a lot faster than Batman. Another thing. Wonder Woman is not limited to anything. Her fighting style is beyond any Batman knows. Not just that, but she has more experience than Batman ever will. Also, Batman disagrees with you guys...

They are not nearly as adapt as Batman, and they are faster because of their powers, her fighting style is definitely advance but Batman's is just as advanced, and he knows more than just one fighting style, without her power she can't pull off half the moves she does now not to mention comic book statements are pretty much pointless, Superman once said Batman is the most dangerous man in the world, I'm sure you'll find that statement very believable.

#27 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: Batman constantly says the same thing about Superman. He cannout beat Wonder Woman. He admitted she's the best. I think Batman knows better...

#28 Edited by cameron83 (7504 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@rustyroy: Batman constantly says the same thing about Superman. He cannout beat Wonder Woman. He admitted she's the best. I think Batman knows better...

LOL

/end of thread

Anyway,I think Wonder WOman is the one that can give him the biggest challenge being that she was trained by the amazons at a younger age than Batman. And the amazons are known for their combat. It's not like it's just 1 style of fighting. Hell,she is even Wars best student. I don't know if Batman will win,but I think that wonder woman actually beats him....or perhaps he wins,I don't know...too close.

#29 Edited by RustyRoy (13237 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam: with her powers she sure can beat Batman but without powers she'll lose 7 out of 10 times.

#30 Posted by cameron83 (7504 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@awesam: with her powers she sure can beat Batman but without powers she'll lose 7 out of 10 times.

7 out of 10 times?!

I mean,if we're counting gadgets,sure...but that doesn't appear to be the case.

This seems like a GREAT underestimation of her skills.

#31 Posted by RustyRoy (13237 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: She never used her her skills without her powers, she can no longer use them as she used to when she had powers, also settling in this new situation will take time, so if she doesn't get a year or two to prepare herself and get used to her new body then that's the best I could give her.

#32 Posted by cameron83 (7504 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@cameron83: She never used her her skills without her powers, she can no longer use them as she used to when she had powers, also settling in this new situation will take time, so if she doesn't get a year or two to prepare herself and get used to her new body then that's the best I could give her.

But even when she is depowered she is said to still be on par with many of DC's greatest fighters.

#33 Posted by RustyRoy (13237 posts) - - Show Bio

@cameron83: I'm not saying anything about her skills, if she gets depowered then she'll no longer have the strength, speed, stamina to pull off those moves as easily as she can with powers, she start to produce fatigue toxins whic will slow her down, she thrown into a situation she's not used to, she'll definitely give Batman hell but beating him will be harder as he easily keeps up with Metas like herself without having any powers.

#34 Posted by DTSLanternCorps (240 posts) - - Show Bio

This is why i'm starting to hate batman, to fanboys he is invincible and cannot be beaten. What is the point of reading his books if you know he will never be challenged or beaten?

#35 Posted by RustyRoy (13237 posts) - - Show Bio

@dtslanterncorps: Then maybe you should stay away from Batman books or Batman forums, every Superhero wins at the end but Batman wins less than others and this topic is about without powers, I'm sure you will say Hal will win without his ring on.

#36 Posted by DTSLanternCorps (240 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy: No way hal would win lol, Diana has it covered.

#37 Posted by Black_Arrow (3420 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by wolverine1610 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

A good question would be what really counts as a power though? like a fish breathing under water is because its physiology, just like wolverines claws are part of his. when he was slapped with a depower collar he still had his claws. so would martian manhunter really be stripped of his powers? or superman. Green Lantern and Flash could be since they got powers from external means

#39 Posted by Jayc1324 (12796 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never heard of Wonder Woman doing anything like batman has martial arts wise. The real people who could give him trouble are people like shiva and Cassandra Cain

#40 Posted by consolemaster001 (5817 posts) - - Show Bio

WW

#41 Posted by TheBournePoster (1302 posts) - - Show Bio

Whenever Batman and Wonder Woman spar, it is very close, and he beats her occasionally. Batman would beat her for sure. Batman would also beat Shiva or Cass in brutal fights.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.